Dwarf Fortress > DF Dwarf Mode Discussion

Questions about community games:

(1/2) > >>

idunno:
Long time lurker, first time poster.  Hi all.

Almost posted this in the community games forum, but that didn't seem right...and its not gameplay questions, either.  So here it is.

I recently discovered the wonders of community games, and I'd like to get in on the fun.  I just had a few questions about running one before I attempted hosting my own:

1.  I've noticed a few games doing an excellent job of storytelling using ASCII art with the DF tileset.  I'm both amazed and envious - can anyone recommend a good program for making pictures like that?

2.  In a similar vein, taking screen shots and posting them - is there a function within DF that I'm missing, or do I need an external program?

Many thanks for any answers...and my endless compliments to everyone running community/succession games, both big and small.  You guys are making the wait for the new version just bearable.

Katsuun:
Cant answer #1, but for #2, if you are using a PC, its Cntl-Prnt Screen (Assuming DF is in Full screen), paste it onto Paint, and save as a picture file.

GoneWacko:

--- Quote from: Katsuun on May 11, 2009, 09:18:52 am ---Cant answer #1, but for #2, if you are using a PC, its Cntl-Prnt Screen (Assuming DF is in Full screen), paste it onto Paint, and save as a picture file.

--- End quote ---

ALT+Print Screen will take a picture of the currently active window only.

Christes:
For 1, I'm not quite sure.  There was a DF paint utility a while back, but I'm not sure what it could do.

But for epic results, just make it yourself in-game.  You know you want to :P

chaoticag:
DF paint is the program, as Christes says. You will, unfortunately, need to take a screenshot of the artwork and put it onto paint. It does varied ground automatically, but that is it.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version