Dwarf Fortress > DF Dwarf Mode Discussion

faildwarves

<< < (2/3) > >>

Christes:
I remember being frustrated early on by seemingly lazy dwarves.  Make sure your dwarves:

1) have the right labor enabled

2) aren't doing other jobs

3) aren't taking a break.  Dwarves can take really long breaks sometimes.  It's incredibly frustrating early in the fortress, since you often only have one relevant dwarf.  Later in the game, you'll have similar issues with tons of dwarves partying if you have a meeting area.

4) Can access the job.  It's very easy to assign a job inaccessible for very random reasons.

If none of the above are true and they haven't started the job after a month or two in game time, then I'd call it a bug.  But make sure you give it a little time - I've noticed dwarves sometimes take a bit to notice they have a job and sometimes they jump to it immediately.  Also, for planting make sure you've designated the field properly (i.e. assigned it to grow crops every season and make sure you have the right seeds)

warlordzephyr:
all those three are true, but they all died after a month or two.

Christes:
They died after a month? 0.o

How much food did you bring along?  Did they just not eat it?  I've never heard of that.

warlordzephyr:
no they didn't eat, i think they lasted untill late spring for the reclaimers and late summer for the embarkers.

Marko:
I think it's time to download a fresh copy of DF...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version