Dwarf Fortress > DF Dwarf Mode Discussion

A Request for Flooded Forts

(1/3) > >>

Time Kitten:
Hello, by fortresses seem to be safe from this, so some people upload for me a few of the fortresses they have flooded so that i might take the survivors and start a grand drainage project to restore it to glory?

Really, i've only managed light flooding myself, never this fortress crumbling stuff.

Both water and magma are fun in their own ways, and I promise maximum hilarity from my drainage methods.

Zaranthan:
Channel a water source to your main stairwell. That'll get you all the flooding you need.

thobal:
Sometimes what is lost is best kept underwater.

chaos985:

--- Quote from: Zaranthan on May 11, 2009, 03:27:34 pm ---Channel a water source to your main stairwell. That'll get you all the flooding you need.

--- End quote ---

Not if you have plenty of hatch covers throughout, and all the branches have doors on them.

Any place where Water is a potential risk should have at least double doors.

alway:
I have a very large area of my bottom fort layer mined out. I don't use it for anything, but I mined it out to scout for the magma pipe. This means I have an amazingly huge area for water to spread out in. When my population's happiness gets to low I just flood my well and make a cascade down my main staircase. Mist all over everyone, stoping any tantrum spiral about to happen. And the large area means I can run it for minutes at a time without worrying about it getting to deep to dry up eventually.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version