Dwarf Fortress > DF Dwarf Mode Discussion

Whats the worst Map setup you've started up on/can think of?

(1/7) > >>

chaos985:
A Savage no tree desert, with a deep aquifer near the surface that stretches the entiere otherwise flat map. is the worst i can think of.

Albedo:
I'm sure I'm not alone, but I dropped in right next to a chasm opening with packs of antmen and trogs.  Never got a chance to strike the earth, so layers and biomes never even became an issue.

Da King:
A glacier. Turns out Fahrenheit 20 degrees as a max temp. is a bad idea.

Derakon:
You can easily make a map that's outright unsurvivable; the most trivial example I know of involves ensuring the temperature is so high that everything bursts into flames (or melts) as soon as you arrive.

The worst theoretically-survivable maps would generally involve plenty of hostile enemies, nowhere to hide, and no resources to work with. A treeless, aquifered, terrifying nano-desert/glacier fort would do that pretty well. Nano because the smaller the fort, the more dangerous wildlife becomes.

Hawkfrost:
My old site with the entire left side of the map has a 15 z-level sheer(and I mean completely sheer) drop into the ocean. It also had a volcano with sheer walls dropping 3 z-levels, and plenty of trees, and no aquaifer.

Why was it so bad?
Because my computer was too laggy to run this perfect map.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version