Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: My epic first dragon encounter!  (Read 50906 times)

Tormy

• Bay Watcher
  • I shall not pass?
    • View Profile
Re: My epic first dragon encounter!
« Reply #15 on: May 12, 2009, 01:31:08 pm »

Seconds after arriving upon my fortress, it let out a great roar (I imagine), and then jumped into the adjacent volcano and was instantly incinerated.

The end. 

Hm...that dragon must have had a serious brain injury I guess.  ;D

Time Kitten

• Bay Watcher
  • Evil Spirit
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 12, 2009, 03:03:52 pm »

Seconds after arriving upon my fortress, it let out a great roar (I imagine), and then jumped into the adjacent volcano and was instantly incinerated.

The end. 

Hm...that dragon must have had a serious brain injury I guess.  ;D
There, from over the horizon the great beast approached, it's scales shining menacingly in the sunlight, it's great muscles causing that hide to ripple with every step.  But as it looked upon our great tower of glass, encircled as it was with kitten soap, and with pictures of great battles engraved in obsidian it did dispare.  For now was the time of Dwarf, where machines and failed reason ruled, and there was no room for the magic flame that fueled the beast's heart.  So onward it did walk, staring in aww upon us til it's forelegs did step over the the top of our fire moat, and it's serpentine body slid in, never to be seen again in this world of dwarves and men.

Creamcorn

• Bay Watcher
  • [FANCIFUL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 12, 2009, 04:51:59 pm »

I think we found the only thing stupider than a dwarf.
"OH NO! That carp is gulping at me menacingly, even though it cannot really threaten me from here on land!  I KNOW! I'll dodge into the water, where I'll be safe!"

da dwarf lord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 12, 2009, 05:34:50 pm »

I've almost never met one. I bet that dragon thought he could ambush dwarves by lying in wait in the lava

Dragon: My plan is foolproof! Those foolish dwarves cannot resist walking near lava! If I hop in, then they won't know what hit them! I'll just- AH! OH GOD! I WASTED MY LIFE!

lol

sorry just messin around tryin to get it in my sig lol
« Last Edit: May 12, 2009, 05:36:57 pm by da dwarf lord »

Cheshire Cat

• Bay Watcher
  • You Have Struck Turtle Shell!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 12, 2009, 05:48:57 pm »

oh wait, i did have another dragon encounter, lesconrads reminded me.

my inner inner defences was one line of stonefall traps followed by a line of cage traps in a very early fort. a dragon arrived and i was desperate to tame it as a pet. only it stepped into and was killed by a single stonefall trap. instantly.

this amazed me as goblins and even injured cats were surviving those stonefall traps. seriously, the fact that not a single dragon has ever survived to actually make it into any of my cage traps tells me there is something very wrong with them. why are they the only megabeasts to ever live through worldgen?

Time Kitten

• Bay Watcher
  • Evil Spirit
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 12, 2009, 06:51:35 pm »

They live because the only thing they do is eat animals that aren't even inside forts, just picking off donkeys and such as they move between.... and they are still missing limbs from that.

Blargityblarg

• Bay Watcher
  • rolypolyrolypolyrolypoly
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 13, 2009, 04:42:42 am »

I once caught a Titan in a cage trap.

I happened to have an execution tower built at the time too.

However, being a newbie, I got a dwarf to try to drag him through most of my fortress, up a z-level or four, and off the tower.

Yeah. I drafted my whole fort and got them to jump on him. Killed twelve before he had to take a nap, and my mayor, oddly, got the kill.
Blossom of orange
Shit, nothing rhymes with orange
Wait, haikus don't rhyme

stormbringer951

• Bay Watcher
  • Semper Dwarfius
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 13, 2009, 05:03:38 am »

Twelve? Have you modded it up? Because I could kill it easily with seven beginning dwarves.
ahh, the internet, where all that you need to aquire the blueprints of war-capable submarines is an email account
Ironblood vs Morul. Natural badassery vs intense lifetime training. Nothing will survive.

Time Kitten

• Bay Watcher
  • Evil Spirit
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 13, 2009, 07:04:51 am »

Did you forget to equipt bucklars, at least... I find that is the only siege breaking tool my peasants need.

Retales

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 13, 2009, 10:09:01 am »

I saw a dragon chase a puppy to it's own death. It was back in the first z-axis versions. Also propably the first time I encountered a megabeast
Quote from: roundedge link=topic=27527.msg362681#msg362681
And so, little dwarfling if to mayor you rise
never forget to heed this advice
when it's items outdoors, no matter how small
remember remember to forbid them all.
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Doomulosity

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 13, 2009, 05:16:28 pm »

it let out a great roar (I imagine),

HEEEY YOOU GUUUUUYS

Ubiq

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 13, 2009, 06:22:34 pm »

it let out a great roar (I imagine),

HEEEY YOOU GUUUUUYS

I would interpret that particular roar as CANNONBAAAAALLLLLLLLLL! myself.

Luraien

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 14, 2009, 04:25:57 am »

I had a dragon as I was still learning to play, sadly I abandoned it and started again. Then I had a titan who died in seconds with all my wrestlers attacking him, and for about 3 months now I've not come across ANY megabeasts. I have a feeling they'll come all at once.

Antioch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 14, 2009, 08:08:44 am »

my first titan got shot in the head by a dabbling marksman and was eaten by a horde of dogs a few moments later
You finish ripping the human corpse of Sigmund into pieces.
This raw flesh tastes delicious!

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 14, 2009, 10:16:41 am »

My first dragon encounter (was given wings and was made size 40 with modding) got into the fortress through the arena skylight and went to town slaying everything she came across...

Til she burned to death on the flaming corpses of the fallen.

Even in a worst case scenario...3 unarmed peasants and a few animals are enough to kill a dragon.

My dragons have since been modded with the proper heat resistance tags.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4