Genetic Additions
- 98 (37.8%)
Mess Hall
- 50 (19.3%)
Revamped Area
- 44 (17%)

Total Members Voted: 257

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 950

Author Topic: Space Station 13 *READ RULES ON FIRST POST*  (Read 743900 times)

Cecilff2

• Bay Watcher
  • PikaaAAAAあああああ
    • View Profile
Re: Space Station 13
« Reply #15 on: May 13, 2009, 04:45:08 pm »

I'd be glad to help if you have any questions.  I probably won't be online too much until next week though.  Finals week here, and I have a nice big project to finish still.  Grad ceremonies this weekend too.  But if you have any questions, feel free to ask.  I've stuck around the game for nearing on 6 years now.  It's pretty difficult to find a hosted game that hasn't turned into a basic FFA nowadays, but you can sometimes get rid of those types later at night.

The help and interface really are quite outdated though, most of it you'll probably learn through trial and error(which will likely result in your death).

Succesfully commanding a team of Syndicate, inflitrating the station, taking out all three command staff without any trouble and setting a nuclear device off without anyone suspecting a thing until five seconds before detonation is still one of my prouder moments.  Seeing "Captain?  I now fully believe that there may be a traitor onboard the station", right before the station was destroyed really made my day.
There comes a time when you must take off the soft, furry slippers of a boy and put on the shoes of a man.
Unless of course they don't fit properly and your feet blister up like bubble wrap.
Oh ho ho, but don't try to return the shoes, because they won't take them back once you've worn them.
Especially if that fat pig Tony is at the desk.

Sowelu

• Bay Watcher
  • I am offishially a penguin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 13, 2009, 04:56:45 pm »

What's the time investment like for this game?  Does one scenario last for like...an hour, or for days?  How frequently do they run?

I'd like to hop on one after work sometime, if it wouldn't chew up my whole night.
Some things were made for one thing, for me / that one thing is the sea~
His servers are going to be powered by goat blood and moonlight.
Oh, a biomass/24 hour solar facility. How green!

Cecilff2

• Bay Watcher
  • PikaaAAAAあああああ
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 13, 2009, 05:02:24 pm »

That depends on the mode usually.  Extended Modes can go on for hours.

Rounds typically end when the emergency shuttle is called and subsequently leaves.
It takes 10 minutes for the shuttle to arrive(This can be cancelled) and 3 minutes for it to leave(This cannot be cancelled and can be shortened to 10 seconds).

Once a round ends, the game restarts everyone and a new mode is chosen(By the host/admins or by the players), and then is started.
There comes a time when you must take off the soft, furry slippers of a boy and put on the shoes of a man.
Unless of course they don't fit properly and your feet blister up like bubble wrap.
Oh ho ho, but don't try to return the shoes, because they won't take them back once you've worn them.

zac4213

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 13, 2009, 05:43:08 pm »

I'll host if you guys want me too, i'm hellkor on there. I have a pretty old version of Goonstation (February) but I've been thinking of modding it and such.

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #19 on: May 13, 2009, 08:28:59 pm »

I'll take a look at it. This could be fun.
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

moghopper

• Bay Watcher
  • The not quite as great as Toady or Three toe
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 14, 2009, 10:28:38 am »

I've been mulling over the idea of playing this game, but I've heard that the admins are horrible bastards.

Any truth to that?

Cecilff2

• Bay Watcher
  • PikaaAAAAあああああ
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 14, 2009, 11:22:16 am »

I've been mulling over the idea of playing this game, but I've heard that the admins are horrible bastards.

Any truth to that?

That depends on who's hosting.  Some hosts can be immature and throw tantrums(Or have admins like that).  The best thing to do in that situation is just leave and join another server(Or host your own and create your own rules)

moghopper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 14, 2009, 11:28:20 am »

Any truth to that?

That depends on who's hosting.  Some hosts can be immature and throw tantrums(Or have admins like that).  The best thing to do in that situation is just leave and join another server(Or host your own and create your own rules)

I have heard some really nasty stories about those admins.

For example: One player was being constantly murdered the second he entered any server by the same guy over and over again. Said player goes to the admin to ask him to talk the offending player to stop. Admins reaction: "STFU before I mute and ban you, go to hell.

I've been told it's fun, and if there was a server and admin I knew I could count on (instead of these immature, rude, brats) then I'd play for sure.

Edit: Just found another good story: A guy was banned for no reason by an admin, and was requesting that the admin un-ban him. The admin says: I'll unban you if you send me 5 dollars through pay-pal.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2009, 11:34:32 am by moghopper »

Cecilff2

• Bay Watcher
  • PikaaAAAAあああああ
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 14, 2009, 11:37:56 am »

Sounds like one of the Goon servers.  I've requested someone from our forums host a game.  If they do I'll let you know its BYOND address.  I'd host for you if I wasn't stuck in an area that has only a 56k connection.

moghopper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 14, 2009, 11:40:00 am »

Sounds like one of the Goon servers.  I've requested someone from our forums host a game.  If they do I'll let you know its BYOND address.  I'd host for you if I wasn't stuck in an area that has only a 56k connection.

If I knew how, I'd do it myself. Though whenever I do something of the sort, I never ban anyone for anything except hacking. If someone is being picked on  I just help them get back at their attacker (In style!, like luring them into a reactor core rigged with explosives monkeys)

If someone will tell me how to start a server, I will immediately.

And how do I wear clothes? I don't like walking around naked :'(
« Last Edit: May 14, 2009, 12:22:04 pm by moghopper »

Broose

• Bay Watcher
  • Pilfering Gatorhead
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 14, 2009, 06:49:30 pm »

Okay, if you have BYOND installed, download this http://www.ss13.org/index.php?action=download
Then, open up Dream Daemon (which comes with BYOND) and select the file you downloaded from the previous link. If anyone gets a server up, say it here.

MrWiggles

• Bay Watcher
  • Doubt Everything
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 14, 2009, 07:02:58 pm »

Ah... Windows only.

I was hoping that I could play as a Janitor, and wonder around as Rodger Wilco.
Doesn't like running from bears = clearly isn't an Eastern European
I'm Making a Mush! Navitas: City Limits ~ Inspired by Dresden Files and SCP.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=113699.msg3470055#msg3470055
http://www.tf2items.com/id/MisterWigggles666#

moghopper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 14, 2009, 07:04:20 pm »

Okay, if you have BYOND installed, download this http://www.ss13.org/index.php?action=download
Then, open up Dream Daemon (which comes with BYOND) and select the file you downloaded from the previous link. If anyone gets a server up, say it here.

Downloading now

moghopper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 14, 2009, 07:07:22 pm »

Now what?

Do I have to make a station?

Broose

• Bay Watcher
  • Pilfering Gatorhead
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 14, 2009, 07:08:48 pm »

Now, honestly, I have no idea what you have to do. You must go your own way, for I have taught you all I can.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 950