Finally... > Life Advice

Radiation Therapy

(1/10) > >>

Labs:
Hey, I'm scared out of my mind about this. I have radiation therapy in about 5 days for a type of cancer known as Hodgekins Lymphoma. I was diagnosed in January and i had exstensive chemotherapy up until mid april. After hearing about the side affects of Radiation i was scared s***less. I was just wondering if anyone has had experience with this sort of thing and I hope you can share it with me.

Yanlin:
Your panic is a phobia. Radiation is only harmful when done wrong.

They basically kill the tumor with radiation. It's such a good and accurate treatment today that you have practically zero chance of complications. Don't worry. They know what they're doing. You wont get radiation poisoning.

Even if you do, they have the tools and chems to treat it.

viskaslietuvai:
Basically I agree with Yanlin.
Any time there is a procedure to be done or a medication to be taken and the possible side effects are heard, lots o' doubt creeps in. Obviously not as serious, but when I first underwent anesthesia and heard that there was a chance of death, I had some second thoughts, but as Yanlin has mentioned, those severe possible complications are rare with medical science as advanced as it is.
I'm sure all will be well.

Labs:
Yea you guys are right, im probably just paranoid.

Mephansteras:
I don't have any great advice or anything, but you have my hopes for a smooth operation and a fully recovery from the cancer!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version