Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 15

Author Topic: Paranormal Mafia - New Round 4 - Day 5 - Game Over!  (Read 26398 times)

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Paranormal Mafia - New Round 4 - Day 1 is on!
« Reply #15 on: May 13, 2009, 05:36:28 pm »

D:

I was a mad scientist with a body double last round. I even told chaoticjosh that I was a peasant, so revealing the double would have more of a dramatic (DRAMATIC!) effect.

Beacon80

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 13, 2009, 05:44:15 pm »

Sorry, misunderstood what FoS meant.  I'm still relatively new to all these terms.  I'm just going to vote Kashyyk to get discussion going.  No particular reason.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 13, 2009, 05:47:22 pm »

Frelock was the very first person to come out and reveal himself to me as a mad scientist with security cameras, so I have to commend him for his quick thinking, although he probably really had the turrets and was egging me on to send an investigative role.

Stop being such a drama queen and joker Inaluct, that could have cost us the game had the reroll not occurred, and it definitely cost the town the game in round 3.

Also, Pandar, you said you had were an alien exterminator with a mind shield? Which device did you choose?

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 13, 2009, 05:54:16 pm »

I was ghost last round.  :-[

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 13, 2009, 06:07:02 pm »

cost the town the game in round 3.
Wait, what?

Beacon80

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 13, 2009, 06:07:27 pm »

I thought the Ghost only found out he was a Ghost on death?

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 13, 2009, 06:09:31 pm »

I told him what he was, since that round got scrapped. But, yes, in general a Ghost only knows after they die.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 13, 2009, 06:12:43 pm »

Alright guys, I guess it's time to start anew. Alright, time to replicate the events of the pre-reroll era, who's the DoT? Hit either me or WA so we can get another awesome town base goin.

Also, that's not how FoS's work Beacon!
That won't work this time. DoT is definitely out this round, as I showed his ability to have a game-breaking strategy.

D:

I was a mad scientist with a body double last round. I even told chaoticjosh that I was a peasant, so revealing the double would have more of a dramatic (DRAMATIC!) effect.
I don't think you understand how the Town base works... It doesn't work by lying to the Town base, because then we would've started lynching the roles that doubled, and then the Peasants.

Frelock was the very first person to come out and reveal himself to me as a mad scientist with security cameras, so I have to commend him for his quick thinking, although he probably really had the turrets and was egging me on to send an investigative role.

Stop being such a drama queen and joker Inaluct, that could have cost us the game had the reroll not occurred, and it definitely cost the town the game in round 3.

Also, Pandar, you said you had were an alien exterminator with a mind shield? Which device did you choose?
Most likely, Pandarsenic chose the shield. I mean, it is free protection.

Sorry, misunderstood what FoS meant.  I'm still relatively new to all these terms.  I'm just going to vote Kashyyk to get discussion going.  No particular reason.
Don't bother with terms. The whole Mafiascum website are for the people that actually use Mafiascum. We here at Bay12 exist to create our own standard by which to live and play. If you want, you can say, "I think this guy is suspicious," and we shall care not!

For future reference.

I was ghost last round.  :-[
I told him what he was, since that round got scrapped. But, yes, in general a Ghost only knows after they die.
I was confused for a second...

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 13, 2009, 06:16:42 pm »

D:

I don't think you understand how the Town base works... It doesn't work by lying to the Town base, because then we would've started lynching the roles that doubled, and then the Peasants.

Don't you understand that I was effectively a peasant with two lives? It would only have been a backup if we needed someone to die sacrificially without losing a member.

Goddam, you really take these games seriously, huh?

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 13, 2009, 06:25:37 pm »

It doesn't matter how you see yourself Inaluct, lying to the people that want you to win is just plain bad methodology.

Wait, what?

Because, as I said earlier, you went through the trouble of roleclaiming survival alien, getting Webadict to incriminate himself, and then work to get him lynched, but you didn't bother to try to lure out the other dopps, especially when you were going to sacrifice yourself anyway.

I get it, you said that with Alexhans being so absent, you thought there was a great deal of chance in such a scheme, but the problem with that is that it was a zero-risk scheme, had you tried to lure out the dopps, it wouldn't have mattered at all because we could have lobbied for more time had we gotten into bad straits.

You had the single best opportunity to show the dopps what for, and you threw it away, is what I'm trying to say.

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 13, 2009, 06:31:33 pm »

No, if Alexhans was one of us, the dopps could have equaled our votes. Had they done that, they would have been able to kill one of us that night, and they would have won in the morning. I assumed Alexhans had disappeared off of the face of the earth, so it was a 50-50 chance. I fail to see how lobbying for more time would have helped.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 13, 2009, 06:34:23 pm »

D:

Don't you understand that I was effectively a peasant with two lives? It would only have been a backup if we needed someone to die sacrificially without losing a member.

Goddam, you really take these games seriously, huh?
No, I'm just saying that telling us that you were a Mad Scientist would probably have helped the Town more than not. You are essentially one, but you are NOT one. Though it's only a name, the name is more important than what you can actually do.

I'm just trying to help you help the Town next time. You know? The whole purpose of the game IS to win... Also, being attacked like that would've only shown you as a liar and gotten you lynched again.

It doesn't matter how you see yourself Inaluct, lying to the people that want you to win is just plain bad methodology.

Wait, what?

Because, as I said earlier, you went through the trouble of roleclaiming survival alien, getting Webadict to incriminate himself, and then work to get him lynched, but you didn't bother to try to lure out the other dopps, especially when you were going to sacrifice yourself anyway.

I get it, you said that with Alexhans being so absent, you thought there was a great deal of chance in such a scheme, but the problem with that is that it was a zero-risk scheme, had you tried to lure out the dopps, it wouldn't have mattered at all because we could have lobbied for more time had we gotten into bad straits.

You had the single best opportunity to show the dopps what for, and you threw it away, is what I'm trying to say.
Especially with your no-win mentality.

No, if Alexhans was one of us, the dopps could have equaled our votes. Had they done that, they would have been able to kill one of us that night, and they would have won in the morning. I assumed Alexhans had disappeared off of the face of the earth, so it was a 50-50 chance. I fail to see how lobbying for more time would have helped.
Wrong, you would've sided Town, and gotten all the Dopps killed.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 13, 2009, 06:39:26 pm »

Shield and the Investigator Disruptor (Holoform Modulator), of course.

NOT choosing shield is stupid and I had no reason to need a Scanner.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 13, 2009, 06:40:40 pm »

Wrong, you would've sided Town, and gotten all the Dopps killed.
Okay, weren't there three dopps left? And three townies? And me?

So, if Alexhans was a townie, we would only have been able to tie the doppelganger vote.

3 Townies - 1 Townie + 1 Survivor Alien = 3 town votes
3 Doppelgangers = 3 anti town votes

And didn't it turn out that Josh was the Kook anyway?

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 13, 2009, 06:43:05 pm »

Why are you subtracting one? You could've outed everyone and gotten the whole Town on your side.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 15