Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: A good MUD?  (Read 3233 times)

Labs

• Bay Watcher
  • This aggresion will not stand, man.
    • View Profile
Re: A good MUD?
« Reply #15 on: May 18, 2009, 05:49:45 pm »

Thanks guys, i got into FiranMUX and tried armageddon but I gave up on trying to get in.
I like to slip into bear caves around midnight and gently caress the carnivore inside before leaving a small cut of fresh fish and sneaking out.

ThtblovesDF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 19, 2009, 05:38:04 am »

I really got into Firan after seeing it here, playing Avento there.

yamo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 19, 2009, 10:28:23 am »

I hate, hate, hate, not getting into a mush...makes me feel sooo low.  >:(
Then again, I consider Infinity to be overly ambitious, something that might easily spell it's downfall.

-Blackthorne

Tilla

• Bay Watcher
  • Slam with the best or jam with the rest
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 20, 2009, 03:26:11 am »

Armageddon is incredibly disorienting to the point where I spent about 3 hours figuring out how to get myself an axe and then find a tree I could cut  ;D I like it.

I'm thinking about Firan since I already have friends there

EDIT: Okay, grabbed a nice character on Firan ..my Armageddon character is dead from poison. And that's a fight I /won/ XD
« Last Edit: May 20, 2009, 04:43:38 am by Tilla »

zestorum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 20, 2009, 04:49:53 am »

I recommend Imperian.

Taken straight from the home page:
Why should you play Imperian?

Seventeen different guilds with unique skills and abilities to help define your character and set it apart from any other person on the game. 
 Dozens of player-run clans and bloodlines allowing you easy communication and further character development. 
 Hundreds of players with which to interact, with nearly 200 players online during our peak times. 
 Intense player on player combat unlike any other game in existence.
 Over 1000 different abilities within more than 50 skills. From innumerable combat styles and "flavors" of magick to the creation of food and clothing, you will find it and more here.
 Constant development, interaction, and roleplaying opportunities created with our full time and volunteer staff.

Labs

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 20, 2009, 11:12:10 am »

I tried Imperian and did'nt like it too much, I'll give it another go though.
I like to slip into bear caves around midnight and gently caress the carnivore inside before leaving a small cut of fresh fish and sneaking out.

catoblepas

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes catoblepi for their haunting moos
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 20, 2009, 03:53:54 pm »

I don't have much experience with MUD's but there was a Wheel of Time themed one that I used to love to play, at http://www.wotmud.org/. I haven't played it for a while, so I don't know if there have been many changes since I last played, but it was quite fun. Channeler class was the most fun to play as, but really easy to die as one, esp if you go around telling everyone you meet that you are one, in which case Whitecloaks/Aes Sedai will hunt you down, kill you, and take your scalp. Alot of PvP, at least it seemed whenever I was playing. There's some sort of informal rule not to attack anyone below level 20, but regardless, I wouldn't recommend trying to chat it up with every shadowspawn you see, especially if you are walking around with good equipment.

Sowelu

• Bay Watcher
  • I am offishially a penguin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 20, 2009, 04:02:25 pm »

My favorite is http://www.retromud.org/ .  Not much for PVPers outside of occasional no-death-penalty war arenas, no RP enforced at all, but a whole ton of races and classes, more than just about any other mud out there.  My characters include a werewolf abjurer (spiritual protection path, with minor Aikido skills too, not much healing or damage at all) who can also bite the heck out of people, and is also a shaman with a lot of neat flavor spells, transformation stuffs...  And a satyr mage girl who's currently a geomancer with a little bit of telemancer (disintegration and stone damage spells, gemcutting, slinging skills, etc) but who's shortly reincarnating to a lightning-based path (flight, interrupts) and taking some levels in bard and druid (druid so she can still use her sling).

It's heavily party-based.  You CAN solo a bit, especially at low levels, but you really want to get at least two other party members for most interesting stuff, up to eight people.  Some classes are specialized, others not, some are very high-tension and some are way more relaxed.

You've probably seen just as many banner ads for Retro as you have for all the Iron Realms games...

It's a lot of fun to explore new areas you've never been in before.  And there's a lot.  :)
« Last Edit: May 20, 2009, 04:04:02 pm by Sowelu »
Some things were made for one thing, for me / that one thing is the sea~
His servers are going to be powered by goat blood and moonlight.
Oh, a biomass/24 hour solar facility. How green!

Labs

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 23, 2009, 07:25:02 am »

I tried Retro, didn't like it too much. My favorite MUD of all time is still DartMUD.

Muz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 23, 2009, 11:30:10 am »

Lol, I got bored of Dart after they told me to practice my skills by casting spells at an object. The only reason I play permadeath games is so that I don't have to grind.
Disclaimer: Any sarcasm in my posts will not be mentioned as that would ruin the purpose. It is assumed that the reader is intelligent enough to tell the difference between what is sarcasm and what is not.
Pages: 1 [2]