Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5

Author Topic: Pirate Mafia 2, Still interest?  (Read 10568 times)

A_Fey_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Pirate Mafia 2, Still interest?
« on: May 15, 2009, 11:22:48 pm »

Arrrh, here be pirate mafia discussion!

Unlike the last game, there will be no known roles but I do want to add a bit more strategy to the game. There will be roleflips.

Roles:
The Pirates (town aligned)
Captain, the captain can pm me to stop a lynch from happening
Surgeon, Can save a pirate if protecting that pirate over the night by patching up any deadly wounds.
First mate, Knows the crew so well he can follow an individual around for the night to detect his role.
Cook, Serves the pirates semi-decent food. If the cook dies, then the mutineers gain extra support. The mutineers can choose someone to defect (losing their abilities) to the mutineers. Pirates should aim to protect the cook at all costs.
Flintlock master, The FM can choose one individual to kill each night but his inaccurate weapon is going to kill anybody else in the vicinity (i.e. those following ether him or following his target).
Cutlass master, The CM can choose one individual to kill or protect. The CM is limited however to only doing this twice.
Muscle master, The MM can choose to protect one person each night. He will die instead of his target if his target is attacked.
Lookout, Lives in the crows nest and can watch a player over the night to see where they go. Is immune to Beserker and FM side affects.
Coward, Can hide behind other players over the night phase. If targeted for assassination or check, the player targeting you won't be able to find you. If the person you are hiding behind is targeted for assassination or check, you will be killed/checked as well.

The Mutineers (mafia aligned)
The goal of the mutineers to gain control of the ship by killing the Captain and equaling the number of non-mutineers.
Head mutineer, Appears as an innocent to first mate checks. Decides on who is killed during the night by who.
Paranoid mutineer, If chosen to kill someone over the night phase, the nervous mutineer will be very jumpy and on the lookout. He will give up his attack on a player and run away if he spots anyone else targeting the same person he is to kill.
Cowardly mutineer, Can hide behind other players over the night phase if not attacking someone.

The Stowaway (third party)
The stowaway can have one of the following roles, there will only be one stowaway. The stowaway will know who and what he is.
Navy spy, The Navy spy would preferably like all pirates on the ship dead but that is going to be quite difficult. His aim is to identify the Captain and First mate (death of characters counts as identification). He has a checking ability like the First mate and is also adept in stealth so can cloak himself at night instead of checking someone. By cloaking himself he becomes invulnerable to all assassination attempts. If he identifies both characters and survives to the end of the game he wins and the two lead roles will lose (even if the mafia is eliminated). If he doesn't, he loses. Due to his win conditions, he may do well to contact the mutineers.
Adventurous child, This child is out for adventure and got caught up in the mutiny. He wins if he survives to the end of the game. If anyone finds out his identity or he dies, he will lose. He has the cowards ability to hide behind others.
Female pirate, Female pirates aren't allowed on this pirate ship. The female pirate is on board to prove that females can be great pirates too. Her goal is for the sexist captain to die and too survive to the end of the game with the pirates overthrowing the mutiny. If her identity is discovered by the first mate while the captain is alive, she is forced to walk the plank. If her identity is discovered afterwords, she is free to be a normal pirate.

Characteristics (Unknown characteristic of a player, both Pirates and Mutineers)
Beserker, Angry pirate unable to control his rage, anyone who targets the beserker will be killed by the beserker. If the beserker is targeted to be killed, he will still die, just taking the attacker with him.
Weedy, A skinny good for nothing pirate whose vote doesn't count for anything and will appear as a cowardly or nervous mutineer if scanned by the first mate.
Charismatic, A pirate skilled with words. His lynch vote counts for 2.

Any other ideas? Balancing?
I was thinking about doing a map of the pirate ship where everyone has a room. Noise from one room would carry over to an adjacent room, thus increasing strategy.

• Inaluct
  • Pandarsenic
  • Chaoticjosh
  • Flintus
  • Org
  • webadict
  • Alexhans
  • Gantolandon
  • Nuke
  • Archangel
  • Cheeetar
  • Frelock
  • Teferi
  • Ririka
  • Toonyman
  • Kashyyk
Starting as soon as i get my computer fixed.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2009, 03:18:52 am by A_Fey_Dwarf »

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Pirate Mafia 2, Discussion and sign up thread.
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2009, 11:39:01 pm »

Sign me up.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2009, 12:18:38 am »

I'm in.

I like how the Cook is more important than the Captain.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2009, 01:53:51 am »

Yeah, count me in!

The absence of ninjas is disconcerting though...

Flintus10

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2009, 05:37:13 am »

Yeah cooks don't get enough praise these days good to see they are included.

And yes I sign up.

Masami Phonix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2009, 11:48:13 am »

Yeah, count me in!

The absence of ninjas is disconcerting though...

I'm actually working on a Pirate versus Ninja Mafia.  I was a bit upset when I saw this, but I'm confident my game will be different enough.

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2009, 11:53:59 am »

Im in.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2009, 12:01:11 pm »

I'll be in again. Maybe this time we won't lose. Eh, Pandarsenic?

Alexhans

• Bay Watcher
  • This is toodamn shortto write something meaningful
    • View Profile
    • Osteopatia y Neurotonia
« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2009, 12:17:51 pm »

mmm... A_Fey_Dwarf claimed this was the best mafia on the site....

I'll read the rules later and probably sign up.
“Eight years was awesome and I was famous and I was powerful" - George W. Bush.

Gantolandon

• Bay Watcher
  • He has a fertile imagination.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 16, 2009, 01:37:14 pm »

Sign me up.

Alexhans

• Bay Watcher
  • This is toodamn shortto write something meaningful
    • View Profile
    • Osteopatia y Neurotonia
« Reply #10 on: May 16, 2009, 02:02:53 pm »

Wow.  Cook role sucks for town...

Does the Nervous mutineer knows he is a Nervous mutineer?

Navy Spy is a hard role.
Child seems a fair role... Just hide behind players that won't probably be killed and try to not get lynched.  The tricky part is not being able to tell you're a child.  Good Role.

Balancing is up to you... Just be sure that everyplayer gets a fair chance to win

Are you gonna make Quicktopics for scum?  I'd hate to have a overloaded inbox again.

I was thinking about doing a map of the pirate ship where everyone has a room. Noise from one room would carry over to an adjacent room, thus increasing strategy.
mmm... far too complicated IMO...

So....

IM IN.  I hope this game is active and that if people dissapear you'll get replacements with the new replacement thread.

“Eight years was awesome and I was famous and I was powerful" - George W. Bush.

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 16, 2009, 02:11:58 pm »

I like this idea.

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 16, 2009, 04:10:05 pm »

Ah, what the hey.
The more the merrier, right?
I'll sign up.
Regarding the room thing: That sounds like a total modification of the game. If you want to do that, you should probably focus on it, rather than on pirates and related unique roles.
So, have the standard set up, and then some location-related roles; moving guy (swaps player's rooms), man with sensitive hearing (hears stuff in rooms further away), deaf guy in denial (doesn't know that he can't hear stuff), mapmaker (can find out who lives where), velvet-soled killer (unhearable Serial killer), ect, ect.
Long Live United Forenia!

Archangel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 16, 2009, 07:22:33 pm »

This sounds good. I shall join.
There's about 25 of the fuckers and the three sarge killed were at point blank range - it's got to be zombies or a bunch of really dumb terrorists with knives.
My full sig

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 16, 2009, 08:08:03 pm »

I am in.
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5