Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 57

Author Topic: DIG DEEPER, V1.4B  (Read 173426 times)

The13thRonin

• Bay Watcher
  • Profession: Handsome Rogue
    • View Profile
Re: [NEW RELEASE] Dwarf Fortress DIG DEEPER 0.85b [MAJOR FIX]
« Reply #15 on: May 19, 2009, 09:21:26 am »

Due to a huge bug with the orcs (sending friendly trading caravans... Damn you pansy orcs!) and a duplicate hippo entry I've been forced into an early release. Good news for you guys but it means I have to up my game over the next few days to get some more quality additions in!

You can find the new file at the same address: http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=980
I'm Digging Deeper... AGAIN... You Should Too!

Dig Deeper DIAMOND - 750+ items of new content including; new plants, new creatures, new metals, new woods, new gems, new stones, new crafts and much, much more.

Nesoo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 19, 2009, 08:50:46 pm »

Sunstone and Moonstone are already in the vanilla game :)

Though, the mod does look interesting. I might have to try it one of these days (I'm too busy working on a couple of forts right now to start yet another).
000508 □ [dwarf mode][flows] flooding over a full pond will kill the fish inside

The13thRonin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 20, 2009, 04:58:25 am »

Sunstone and Moonstone are already in the vanilla game :)

Though, the mod does look interesting. I might have to try it one of these days (I'm too busy working on a couple of forts right now to start yet another).

Well there goes another incremental release fixing that particular problem. Thank you very much for alerting me to it sir  :)!

http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=980

EDIT: Is anyone actually interested in this mod or am I doing something wrong?
« Last Edit: May 20, 2009, 07:08:06 am by The13thRonin »

Dig Deeper DIAMOND - 750+ items of new content including; new plants, new creatures, new metals, new woods, new gems, new stones, new crafts and much, much more.

Faenaris

Re: [NEW RELEASE] Dwarf Fortress DIG DEEPER 0.85c [MAJOR FIX]
« Reply #18 on: May 20, 2009, 04:58:06 pm »

If nobody was interested, there wouldn't be any replies. :) I can only speak for myself ofcourse, but I can't really test your mod for the following month. Got exams coming up.

But the feature list did grip me from the start, even though I haven't tested it yet. :)

Venturi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 20, 2009, 05:26:55 pm »

First thing I noticed on this mod (it was mentioned in another thread) is iron's value has been decreased. As I dont embark with a anvil ( for more points for buying assorted crap ) it kinda threw my saved embark profiles out of wack.

Unforunately I couldnt play awhole lot today (damn work) to get a feel for the mod yet. Once I get more time playing, I'll leave some feedback.

The13thRonin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 20, 2009, 11:07:08 pm »

First thing I noticed on this mod (it was mentioned in another thread) is iron's value has been decreased. As I dont embark with a anvil ( for more points for buying assorted crap ) it kinda threw my saved embark profiles out of wack.

Unforunately I couldnt play awhole lot today (damn work) to get a feel for the mod yet. Once I get more time playing, I'll leave some feedback.

I think that DF needs a bit of an increase in toughness for the average player... I think eventually I'll make farming harder and the average creature tougher.

Faenaris

« Reply #21 on: May 21, 2009, 03:53:19 am »

I think that DF needs a bit of an increase in toughness for the average player... I think eventually I'll make farming harder and the average creature tougher.

I'm all for making the creatures tougher. Once you get a couple of champions running around, gobbos and assorted critters get pasted into Dwarfcake faster than you can say "Fun!".

CptFastbreak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 21, 2009, 06:51:37 am »

Looks really nice, I'll definitely try this out the next time I generate a world.

Apart from that, I dunno how historically accurate you want this mod to be but I thought I'd mention that the following instruments weren't developed until the 19th century or later: Accordeon, Harmonika, all Saxophones, Euphonium, and Banjo. That said, having dwarves playing the banjo is kind of an appealing thought.

The13thRonin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 21, 2009, 11:13:37 pm »

Looks really nice, I'll definitely try this out the next time I generate a world.

Apart from that, I dunno how historically accurate you want this mod to be but I thought I'd mention that the following instruments weren't developed until the 19th century or later: Accordeon, Harmonika, all Saxophones, Euphonium, and Banjo. That said, having dwarves playing the banjo is kind of an appealing thought.

I don't really mind how historically accurate the game is considering it has elves and dwarves... I'm thinking that might have a butterfly effect and a lot of things might be different. I'm incorporating a lot of plausible fantasy stuff into the mod too...

TEASER.

Coming in the next update:

It can kill you with its screams and wails...

Any guesses?

No...?

How about... A valuable extract from a sea being fashionable into a gemstone.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2009, 12:03:17 am by The13thRonin »

Faenaris

« Reply #24 on: May 22, 2009, 07:43:21 am »

A siren and you extract a Wailing Gem?

The13thRonin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 22, 2009, 09:49:11 am »

Banshees and mermaid tears.

Faenaris

« Reply #26 on: May 22, 2009, 10:38:03 am »

Banshees and mermaid tears.

Awww ... Pretty close though.  ;D

fungee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 22, 2009, 11:40:02 am »

Berserk carpenter dorf ambushed my fishermen, claimed 2 lives and badly crippled 1 dwarf after which a sudden Orc siege wiped out the rest of my ~30 dwarf strong reclaiming party with ease (before that some skeletal horses and that angry berserking carpenter wiped out the other 6 dwarves) :o After I learn to survive them orc sieges I'll try to give some feedback  ::) looks pretty promising!

By the way is it a bug that orcs from their previous successful siege are friendly?

Either orc bowmen are über killing machines or I just suck, go figure  :P . Are the orcs even nastier in the actual orc mod? I'm used to some serious whooping from other roguelikes so I won't get depressed of FUN TIMES (probably :'()

Another orc siege, wish me luck  8)!

EDIT: Since all the reclaimer dwarves are(/were) friends and they suffered quite alot casualties (10 out of 50) it ended up with all the remaining dwarves going berserk / mad... Is there a way around that  ???

EDIT2: 9 miserable dwarves are still alive and just got another orc siege  :o just waiting the remaining dorfs to die for now...
« Last Edit: May 22, 2009, 12:18:29 pm by funkytrix »
It's easy being an experimentalist. If you fail try again.

The13thRonin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 22, 2009, 08:14:06 pm »

Yeah Orcs are meant to be that hard, they aren't as tough as in the orc mod, I nerfed them a bit. Also yeah the reclaim thing is a bug with the reclaim code in vanilla Dwarf Fortress. I can't fix it. They go hostile again on the next orc siege I believe.

fungee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 23, 2009, 06:48:35 am »

Yeah Orcs are meant to be that hard, they aren't as tough as in the orc mod, I nerfed them a bit. Also yeah the reclaim thing is a bug with the reclaim code in vanilla Dwarf Fortress. I can't fix it. They go hostile again on the next orc siege I believe.

Yeah I noticed them going hostile on the next siege.

But it's the spiral of unhappiness that decimated my band of reclaimer dwarves (repeated in a vicious cycle) until I decided to abandon that fortress for good. Haunted surroundings and orc siegers combined there was no time to "build happiness" for the dwarves to balance between unhappiness caused by their deaths (since all of the embarking dwarves are friends the situation escalated from a couple of casualties).
It's easy being an experimentalist. If you fail try again.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 57