Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 57

Author Topic: DIG DEEPER, V1.4B  (Read 173059 times)

The13thRonin

• Bay Watcher
  • Profession: Handsome Rogue
    • View Profile
Re: [NEW RELEASE] Dwarf Fortress DIG DEEPER 0.85c [MAJOR FIX]
« Reply #30 on: May 23, 2009, 10:48:43 am »

New teaser:

GCSQ... Destroyer of worlds... Purger of fortresses... Will make you regret the day you were born.
I'm Digging Deeper... AGAIN... You Should Too!

Dig Deeper DIAMOND - 750+ items of new content including; new plants, new creatures, new metals, new woods, new gems, new stones, new crafts and much, much more.

fungee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 23, 2009, 12:30:10 pm »

What is that  ???

Can it eat MAGMA?
It's easy being an experimentalist. If you fail try again.

The13thRonin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 23, 2009, 12:57:48 pm »

What is that  ???

Can it eat MAGMA?

Something more scary than skeletal dragons and demons combined.

This short extract written in parchment was found from the last fortress to encounter one...

... The blood coats the walls here now... The mithril gates lie smashed... It found a way around our traps... I don't know where it is now... It scrambled off down one of the exploratory mining shafts... It must have crawled from the deepest, darkest part of earth to drag itself all the way to Razorshafts... To claim our deep fortress as its new dark lair... I hear the pitter patter of its many fearsome limbs now as it approaches... I turn to face it with my battle-axe... Might as well be wielding a tooth-pick. If anyone finds this scroll... If you ever encounter a... *blood has seeped onto this part of the page, disfiguring further words* ... make sure that you *more blood*... Get out... Run... Run as fast as you can... It... Can't... Be... Stopped...

Dig Deeper DIAMOND - 750+ items of new content including; new plants, new creatures, new metals, new woods, new gems, new stones, new crafts and much, much more.

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 23, 2009, 02:08:08 pm »

Did this mod suddenly start taking itself seriously?! D:

Damn. I was just getting ready to mod it in and start a fortress. Oh well.

Faenaris

« Reply #34 on: May 23, 2009, 03:41:23 pm »

New teaser:

GCSQ... Destroyer of worlds... Purger of fortresses... Will make you regret the day you were born.

This short extract written in parchment was found from the last fortress to encounter one...

... The blood coats the walls here now... The mithril gates lie smashed... It found a way around our traps... I don't know where it is now... It scrambled off down one of the exploratory mining shafts... It must have crawled from the deepest, darkest part of earth to drag itself all the way to Razorshafts... To claim our deep fortress as its new dark lair... I hear the pitter patter of its many fearsome limbs now as it approaches... I turn to face it with my battle-axe... Might as well be wielding a tooth-pick. If anyone finds this scroll... If you ever encounter a... *blood has seeped onto this part of the page, disfiguring further words* ... make sure that you *more blood*... Get out... Run... Run as fast as you can... It... Can't... Be... Stopped...

Giant Cave Spider Queen? Holy smokes, my dwarves are already shaking in their mithril-clad boots!

Foa

• Bay Watcher
  • And I thought foxfire was stylish in winter.
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 23, 2009, 06:37:29 pm »

New teaser:

Giant Cave Spider Queen? Holy smokes, my dwarves are already shaking in their mithril-clad boots!
She better be an arachnotaur ( Super GCS + Crossbow!!! ) .

The13thRonin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Fortress [DIG DEEPER] 0.97 (NEW RELEASE)
« Reply #36 on: May 24, 2009, 09:53:34 pm »

New Version 0.97 now Released!

You can find it here: http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=980

Main page and download page now both have the updated README/Change logs...

Enjoy guys... I spent quite some time on this one... I think I'll have a rest for a day or two and maybe actually PLAY Dwarf Fortress again instead of just modding the stuffing out of it.

Faenaris

« Reply #37 on: May 25, 2009, 03:03:59 am »

Oh, I'm going to have some fun when I get back to the DF-pc. Thanks for the update, The13thRonin!

*hopes that he doesn't encounter the GCSQ right away*

fungee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 25, 2009, 03:10:55 am »

Hmm so 0.85c -> 0.97 was just changes to /raw folder so I only replaced that. So my current save stayed intact :P

Maybe I'll get eaten by the spiders now  :( 

The13thRonin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 25, 2009, 03:38:49 am »

Hmm so 0.85c -> 0.97 was just changes to /raw folder so I only replaced that. So my current save stayed intact :P

Maybe I'll get eaten by the spiders now  :( 

There was some speech changes too.

Oh and I decided things were getting too easy... Along with some random bug-fixes now the new version is up.

* Dwarves are twice as likely to tantrum if you don't give them warm beds, good food and nice rooms... Leave them on the floor and starving and things will get ugly fast.

* Plants take almost twice as long to grow... Time to start using those herbalists, hunters and fishers guys.

http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=980

fungee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Fortress [DIG DEEPER] 0.97b (NEW RELEASE)
« Reply #40 on: May 25, 2009, 03:57:03 am »

Changed the /speech too then :P

Good thing I already have humongous amount of food and drink, bwahaha. I'm trying to produce alot of different types of drinks too. Drink booze and be happy or die ye picky dwarves  >:(

-> Probably gets eaten by QGCS later today when I have time to play.

*updated to 0.97b

Thanks for yer hard work The13thRonin!

« Last Edit: May 25, 2009, 04:03:07 am by funkytrix »

fungee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 26, 2009, 01:31:50 pm »

With this mod it's easier not to get bored!

*3458 orc bone bolts and counting*
« Last Edit: May 26, 2009, 01:33:23 pm by funkytrix »

Nivim

• Bay Watcher
  • Has the asylum forgotten? Are they still the same?
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 27, 2009, 03:53:35 am »

Too bad you can't be more detailed in your changes, I had just finished incorporating what I wanted when you release this. I have to go through and compare all the files now.
 Where do you change how dwarves feel about certain events? And, what things did you change in the Speech file? You can at least allow me those.
Imagine a cool peice of sky-blue and milk-white marble about 3cm by 2cm and by 0.5cm, containing a tiny 2mm malacolite crystal. Now imagine the miles of metamorphic rock it's embedded in that no pick or chisel will ever touch. Then, imagine that those miles will melt back into their mantle long before any telescope even refracts an image of their planet. The watchers will be so excited to have that image too.

The13thRonin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 27, 2009, 03:58:04 am »

Too bad you can't be more detailed in your changes, I had just finished incorporating what I wanted when you release this. I have to go through and compare all the files now.
 Where do you change how dwarves feel about certain events? And, what things did you change in the Speech file? You can at least allow me those.

All I added to dwarves was [PERSONALITY:MODESTY:0:45:100] to their creature file.

I simply added things to a lot of the speech files, you'll have to open each to see what I've changed. I can't remember each change. Sorry...

Nivim

• Bay Watcher
  • Has the asylum forgotten? Are they still the same?
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 27, 2009, 04:29:15 am »

Ah, need to remember to look into the personality effects.
 It is just a bit harder to do that because I already have so many things added in there. Hm, perhaps it would be easier to pick out changes if I compared to some vanilla files.
Imagine a cool peice of sky-blue and milk-white marble about 3cm by 2cm and by 0.5cm, containing a tiny 2mm malacolite crystal. Now imagine the miles of metamorphic rock it's embedded in that no pick or chisel will ever touch. Then, imagine that those miles will melt back into their mantle long before any telescope even refracts an image of their planet. The watchers will be so excited to have that image too.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 57