Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 53 54 [55] 56 57

Author Topic: DIG DEEPER, V1.4B  (Read 173397 times)

ungulateman

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: haunting moos]
    • View Profile
Re: DIG DEEPER, V1.4B
« Reply #810 on: March 21, 2010, 07:52:41 am »

It's steel. I would say yes.
That's the great thing about this forum. We can derail any discussion into any other topic.
It's not an embark so much as seven dwarves having a simultaneous strange mood and going off to build an artifact fortress that menaces with spikes of awesome and hanging rings of death.

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #811 on: March 21, 2010, 02:03:37 pm »

Do adamantine golems drop statues like bronze collossi?

A massive facepalm on my part, I thought orcs weren't trap immune so I put lots of traps in my entrance and had no soldiers. The orcs came, watched them trample the traps without dying.

They proceeded to obliterate every dwarf in the fortress.

Safe-Keeper

• Bay Watcher
  • "Situation normal; all ****ed up"
    • View Profile
    • FS Mod tester
« Reply #812 on: March 30, 2010, 12:00:03 am »

Got a really annoying bug here. My military dwarves seem to be unable to pick up weapons and other equipment such as shields. They'll walk over to, say, a battle axe with "Pickup Equipment", then walk a few tiles away from it, then walk to it again. If there's more than one trying to pick it up, they'll take turns trying to wrestle it from the ground.

Is this some sort of new Merlin-inspired feature ("he who manages to pull the battle axe off of the wagon so that we can reclaim this bloody forts while the Orcs stand around as "Friendly" will be the Dwarf empire's new king"), or have I installed the mod wrong or something?
"Sieging humans brought some war polar bears, and one of them started a camp fire. Highly trained!" --Today One accidentally introduces the panserbjørn into Dwarf Fortress lore

xoen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #813 on: March 30, 2010, 04:13:12 am »

walk a few tiles away from it, then walk to it again.
interesting..i had same problem with MINERS and some kind of pickaxe after joining some mods(including ddwarfier, civ overhaul, and some other ones), reedit of that "weapon" weigh, or size(if i remember right) helped(imho weapon was too HEAVY, or too big, or sth). I may be wrong, though.

upd: mattock, yes.
|
v
« Last Edit: March 30, 2010, 04:53:29 am by xoen »

SquidgyB

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #814 on: March 30, 2010, 04:43:02 am »

Got a really annoying bug here. My military dwarves seem to be unable to pick up weapons and other equipment such as shields. They'll walk over to, say, a battle axe with "Pickup Equipment", then walk a few tiles away from it, then walk to it again. If there's more than one trying to pick it up, they'll take turns trying to wrestle it from the ground.

Is this some sort of new Merlin-inspired feature ("he who manages to pull the battle axe off of the wagon so that we can reclaim this bloody forts while the Orcs stand around as "Friendly" will be the Dwarf empire's new king"), or have I installed the mod wrong or something?

Check to see if the dwarf in question has anything in his/her hands already, particularly if we're talking about axe/hatchet/pick for mining or woodcutting. I had the same thing when one of my dwarfs had either something in his hand, possibly a shield, and was set to use a mattock with both hands - he just kept running back to pick up the mattock, then ran a couple of steps and turned around again.

Safe-Keeper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • FS Mod tester
« Reply #815 on: March 30, 2010, 08:51:13 am »

Hmm, possibly. Made a backup of the fortress I really want to continue playing on, so maybe I'll try to get back into it now. The hostiles just standing around and showing up as Friendly in the beginning is a stock bug/feature, I know, so I guess we'll just have to wait for Toady to address that.

Just lost another fortress to an orc attack... I'm thinking of modding them out, because it seems the only way to defeat them is to make it physically impossible for them to reach you (locking doors, raising drawbridge over moat, etc.), and that breaks their AI, making them too easy. I can pelt them with crossbow bolts, throw war dogs at them or hit them with swords and battle axes of steel, but I never seem to cause more than a single broken limbs. Managed to mangle some organs and whatnot of one or two of them today, which was a step forward -- guess I'll need to step up the siege engine production. I miss the old goblin sieges.

A brighter point is that since I've taken to always spend points on giving all my starting dwarves a Proficient skill in Swimming, I managed to killed a dozen carp, plus a couple other fishies :) . My swordswarf would see the little beings as a welcome break from the boring routines of military life and gladly jump into the river for then to swim around with his sword, chopping the little buggers to pieces, for then to climb back up on shore.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2010, 08:59:58 am by Safe-Keeper »
"Sieging humans brought some war polar bears, and one of them started a camp fire. Highly trained!" --Today One accidentally introduces the panserbjørn into Dwarf Fortress lore

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #816 on: March 30, 2010, 04:41:31 pm »

Hmm, possibly. Made a backup of the fortress I really want to continue playing on, so maybe I'll try to get back into it now. The hostiles just standing around and showing up as Friendly in the beginning is a stock bug/feature, I know, so I guess we'll just have to wait for Toady to address that.

Just lost another fortress to an orc attack... I'm thinking of modding them out, because it seems the only way to defeat them is to make it physically impossible for them to reach you (locking doors, raising drawbridge over moat, etc.), and that breaks their AI, making them too easy. I can pelt them with crossbow bolts, throw war dogs at them or hit them with swords and battle axes of steel, but I never seem to cause more than a single broken limbs. Managed to mangle some organs and whatnot of one or two of them today, which was a step forward -- guess I'll need to step up the siege engine production. I miss the old goblin sieges.

A brighter point is that since I've taken to always spend points on giving all my starting dwarves a Proficient skill in Swimming, I managed to killed a dozen carp, plus a couple other fishies :) . My swordswarf would see the little beings as a welcome break from the boring routines of military life and gladly jump into the river for then to swim around with his sword, chopping the little buggers to pieces, for then to climb back up on shore.

Drowning trap work, but that's a big abuse of the AI.

Moontayle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #817 on: March 30, 2010, 06:24:57 pm »

Go into the raws and edit the progression for orcs to something higher. I set them to 4, which is generally after the Baron arrives which is long enough to get decent defenses and a military going.
Tolkien had a great secret: The dwarves of Moria didn't dig too deep. A prominent dwarf with lots of friends started tantruming and, well, you figure out what happened next.

Safe-Keeper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • FS Mod tester
« Reply #818 on: March 30, 2010, 09:51:15 pm »

Feeling pretty stupid here, but... exactly where in the raws are the orcs?

Damnit, never mind, told the search companion to search file name instead of content  :-\.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2010, 04:15:18 am by Safe-Keeper »

nbws_tempest

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #819 on: April 01, 2010, 04:56:03 pm »

is there goign to be a new dig deeper released for 2010? im reading the release information for 2010 and it seems pretty major unfortunately

Greendogo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #820 on: April 02, 2010, 05:48:29 pm »

You should call it DF 0.31.01 instead of 2010, since we should (hopefully) be getting many more updates and releases throughout 2010.
Sail - The end reminds me of a goblin choking a kobold.  No ponies, sorry.

ungulateman

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: haunting moos]
    • View Profile
« Reply #821 on: April 02, 2010, 06:27:01 pm »

I'll be calling it v31. More convenient.
That's the great thing about this forum. We can derail any discussion into any other topic.
It's not an embark so much as seven dwarves having a simultaneous strange mood and going off to build an artifact fortress that menaces with spikes of awesome and hanging rings of death.

crazz2323

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #822 on: April 29, 2010, 09:32:27 pm »

Hmm this mod sounds great. I would love more of a challenge but DF 2010 is where it's at so any word yet on a 2010 release of Dig Deeper? This mod with DF 2010 and Mike Mayday's tileset = happiness!

The13thRonin

• Bay Watcher
  • Profession: Handsome Rogue
    • View Profile
« Reply #823 on: April 29, 2010, 10:00:50 pm »

is there goign to be a new dig deeper released for 2010? im reading the release information for 2010 and it seems pretty major unfortunately

I'm working on the first major release for DF2010...  It really did mess up a lot of the RAWS so it's taking me longer than expected... Unfortunately it will take me a long time and a lot of releases to build things like the creature list all the way back up... But we'll get there in the end... So far the alpha has 293 additions and counting.
I'm Digging Deeper... AGAIN... You Should Too!

Dig Deeper DIAMOND - 750+ items of new content including; new plants, new creatures, new metals, new woods, new gems, new stones, new crafts and much, much more.

Landstradd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #824 on: April 30, 2010, 10:58:55 am »

You sir, are a god. Any chance of a time frame for the alpha?
Pages: 1 ... 53 54 [55] 56 57