Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 832 833 [834] 835 836 ... 1380

Author Topic: Minecraft - It has blocks.  (Read 2339512 times)

Andir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Minecraft - It has blocks.
« Reply #12495 on: October 03, 2011, 12:36:49 pm »

Didn't know they only spawned in certain chunks. That'll be useful.

Thanks for the tips, guys!
If I remember correctly, they will also not spawn if you are within 14(?) tiles of them (or was it the chunk...I can't remember the specifics.)
"Having faith" that the bridge will not fall, implies that the bridge itself isn't that trustworthy. It's not that different from "I pray that the bridge will hold my weight."

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12496 on: October 03, 2011, 01:10:13 pm »

Well, I am finally trying to build an actually well designed building other then a cobblestone or wooden castle or house with slight features. The outer walls are smoothstone slabs, the walls 3 wide (for room for electric and redstone wiring) and it's based off the industrialcraft/buildcraft/redstone power/and EE mods. And you know what the biggest annoyance for me is? Trying to not have all the rooms look the same. The first room is going to be a lobby, and so far I have decided on a lapiz block floor, with an obsidian and glowstone square in the center. But have no idea what to do with the ceilings or walls... Yes interior design. Need some suggestions.

Andir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12497 on: October 03, 2011, 02:28:33 pm »

Where are you putting your lava fountain?
"Having faith" that the bridge will not fall, implies that the bridge itself isn't that trustworthy. It's not that different from "I pray that the bridge will hold my weight."

jaxy15

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept Modder
    • View Profile
« Reply #12498 on: October 03, 2011, 02:55:26 pm »

Aw yeah!
Notch is making baby animals. With huge heads.
Dwarf Fortress: Threats of metabolism.

0x517A5D

• Bay Watcher
  • Hex Editor‬‬
    • View Profile
« Reply #12499 on: October 03, 2011, 03:04:32 pm »

IC² released for 1.8.1 this morning.  Finally for SMP too.  I haven't tried it yet.
Well damn, now we just need technic and someone needs to make the fuel interchangable. :D

For the latter, you need a mod that does custom recipes.  There are a few.

Since I use Zombe's mods for the hostiles-can-spawn-here highlighter and the controllable minecarts, I tried using his recipe mod to do 1:1 conversion of oil buckets to/from fuel cans.

Code: (I added this into mods\Zombe\recipies.txt) [Select]
[NAMEMAP]
FilledFuelCan 30232 // this number is the default ID of an IndustrialCraft² item
OilBucket 4063 // this number is the default ID of a BuildCraft-energy item
[RECIPES]
// 1:1 conversion of IC2 full fuel can into BC-energy oilbucket; unfortunately leaves empty fuel can
OilBucket 1 1 0 FilledFuelCan
// 1:1 conversion of BC-energy oilbucket to IC2 fuel can; unfortunately leaves empty bucket
FilledFuelCan 1 1 0 OilBucket

It works but leaves an empty bucket or empty can on every conversion.  So it creates buckets & cans.  There is not a way to change that in the mod's recipes; I think it's hardcoded.

Is that more or less what you wanted?

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #12500 on: October 03, 2011, 03:21:31 pm »

Yeah actually that's pretty damn cool. Now I can process coal with IC2 to run my buildcraft combustion engines for example.

Akhier the Dragon hearted

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #12501 on: October 03, 2011, 07:02:24 pm »

Check THIS out, tis pure awesome chicken powered comedy! The guy also just posted the schematics for it along with an improved version HERE
Join us. The crazy is at a perfect temperature today.
So it seems I accidentally put my canteen in my wheelbarrow and didn't notice... and then I got really thirsty... so right before going to sleep I go to take a swig from my canteen and... end up snorting a line of low-grade meth.

Andir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12502 on: October 03, 2011, 07:55:32 pm »

Check THIS out, tis pure awesome chicken powered comedy! The guy also just posted the schematics for it along with an improved version HERE
Yeah, I made a few chicken farms giving the chickens one space to "live" with one block of water.  He's using 2 blocks and has more chickens (probably because of the fences).  If I put more than one chicken in a "pen" it would slowly drown the other chicken by jumping on it or something.

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #12503 on: October 03, 2011, 08:09:11 pm »

I think he has the two water to stop the drowning problem.
So it seems I accidentally put my canteen in my wheelbarrow and didn't notice... and then I got really thirsty... so right before going to sleep I go to take a swig from my canteen and... end up snorting a line of low-grade meth.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #12504 on: October 03, 2011, 08:14:09 pm »

I'm slowly working my way through the trials of getting a SMP server with buildcraft and IC2 running for my friends. Any tips or best practices I should know along the way?

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12505 on: October 03, 2011, 08:50:28 pm »

IC² released for 1.8.1 this morning.  Finally for SMP too.  I haven't tried it yet.
Link? I can't find the one for the 1.8.1....
Only the 1.7.3
Nvm Found it...
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12506 on: October 03, 2011, 09:30:26 pm »

Right...
So now that the things I want to use are at 1.8.1 I am trying to get them to work...

SO...
The Mods are...
Buildcraft.
Industrial Craft 2.
Reiminimap.
Multiuse Doors
Somina.
Nature Overhaul.
Level Up!.

I installed them as per their instructions (buildcraft/Industrial craft mainly) and it loads after a long wait. I get in game, no sound, I ignore for now and move to punch a tree......
Saving Chunks Crash...

EDIT:: Found where it stuffs up... LEVEL UP! seems to be conflicting with something. Damn gotta take it out then...
« Last Edit: October 03, 2011, 09:42:16 pm by Neyvn »
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #12507 on: October 03, 2011, 10:18:53 pm »

I made a video of my horizontal Monorail idea and you can see it HERE.
   First YouTube video so any suggestions for if I do more in the future would be nice. Just to note that while the current one does not have any audio besides the game sounds I plan to actually explain stuff in future videos. I probably would have for this one as well but my computer sucks and can hardly play Minecraft so I had to record at college and it was sorta spur of the moment so I did not have a way to record on me.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2011, 10:26:17 pm by Akhier the Dragon hearted »

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12508 on: October 03, 2011, 10:33:13 pm »

Commentary always makes a video better.

Check for spelling errors in description.
wicked redstone configuration btw.

As for the monorail, I never saw it's use horizontally, you can get mine carts for that. However it makes a perfectly good elevator that doesn't cause rapid forced movement up stairs or exploits bug in whatever physics there are in minecraft.

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12509 on: October 03, 2011, 10:36:55 pm »

Um... I don't know what happened. But after trying to get my Fav Texture Pack to work, I loaded this world...
I have regenned it 3 times already, and each time it comes out clean. Same as the one before...
Please note that the Minimap Mod I have doesn't understand the difference between Water and Oil, as Oil has the same fluidness of Water.

In the middle of each of these Oil Springs is a hole that leads down to level 18 which is a giant "Bubble" of oil at the bottom...
I guess I will keep this Map to myself :P

OH yeah. Its 1.8.1 Map folks...
« Last Edit: October 03, 2011, 10:43:33 pm by Neyvn »
Pages: 1 ... 832 833 [834] 835 836 ... 1380