Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 833 834 [835] 836 837 ... 1380

Author Topic: Minecraft - It has blocks.  (Read 2338851 times)

Akhier the Dragon hearted

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
Re: Minecraft - It has blocks.
« Reply #12510 on: October 03, 2011, 10:37:55 pm »

Commentary always makes a video better.

Check for spelling errors in description.
wicked redstone configuration btw.

As for the monorail, I never saw it's use horizontally, you can get mine carts for that. However it makes a perfectly good elevator that doesn't cause rapid forced movement up stairs or exploits bug in whatever physics there are in minecraft.
There are enough interesting ways to move horizontally as is so yes the monorail is lacking for that. The biggest reason that I mocked it up as horizontal is that it makes the redstone a lot simpler to place because you can just lay all the repeaters out instead of having to worry about up and down.
Join us. The crazy is at a perfect temperature today.
So it seems I accidentally put my canteen in my wheelbarrow and didn't notice... and then I got really thirsty... so right before going to sleep I go to take a swig from my canteen and... end up snorting a line of low-grade meth.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12511 on: October 03, 2011, 10:50:00 pm »

Commentary always makes a video better.

Check for spelling errors in description.
wicked redstone configuration btw.

As for the monorail, I never saw it's use horizontally, you can get mine carts for that. However it makes a perfectly good elevator that doesn't cause rapid forced movement up stairs or exploits bug in whatever physics there are in minecraft.
There are enough interesting ways to move horizontally as is so yes the monorail is lacking for that. The biggest reason that I mocked it up as horizontal is that it makes the redstone a lot simpler to place because you can just lay all the repeaters out instead of having to worry about up and down.

I think including the vertical part as well will get you a lot more likes. Also, try to match your tags to similiar videos, such as the original monorail video, so people will see it in the suggested videos bar.

Akhier the Dragon hearted

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #12512 on: October 03, 2011, 10:55:51 pm »

Not particularly going for likes actually. I mostly made the video so I could show all of you here what I built in motion as pictures are not always the best way to show what I am doing. Also thanks for the tag tips will do that.
Join us. The crazy is at a perfect temperature today.
So it seems I accidentally put my canteen in my wheelbarrow and didn't notice... and then I got really thirsty... so right before going to sleep I go to take a swig from my canteen and... end up snorting a line of low-grade meth.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12513 on: October 03, 2011, 11:05:10 pm »

For my first Redstone/Piston project, I'm trying to make a double-barreled TNT cannon to mount on the bottom of an airship in V1.8. I want to have a "Safety" feature, having a safe trough to load the charges in, and using Sticky Pistons to ready the charges by pushing them into the chamber. I want to wire it to be impossible to detonate the TNT until the charges are primed, and impossible to load the chamber unless the firing switch is off.

I've got most of it worked out, but I want to perfect the basic design first... and as of right now, I'm having some trouble getting a 2 rows of 6 sticky pistons pushing in the same direction. I'd like to ask any experienced Redstone people if the following rough design would work, and if anyone has a compact way of getting these blocks wired (I know I'll need to do something with the delayed circuit for the projectile, but I'm not yet sure what).

Scaraban

• Bay Watcher
  • One Crazy Ass Giant
    • View Profile
« Reply #12514 on: October 03, 2011, 11:08:06 pm »

Soli, that looks dangerous as shit if your timing is off.
It's a long way to the top if you want dank memes.

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12515 on: October 03, 2011, 11:19:55 pm »

Soli, gonna do a livestream of me designning it for ya if ya want. I know how to build a basic Cannon...
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12516 on: October 03, 2011, 11:40:44 pm »

And its up...
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?

Osmosis Jones

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 100% more rotation!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12517 on: October 03, 2011, 11:52:42 pm »

-snip-
Hmmm you got me thinking. I wonder if this would work? Rather than using double pistons to push 'em sideways, do a top feeding clip.

So
Code: [Select]
###
#┴#  <--- 'Tamping' Piston here packs clip
#    <-- load here.
# #
# #
# #
# ╠  <----- torch trigger and piston safety lock
#/#
# #  <---free fall area.
# #
#~#  <--- collection stream.
###

This is viewed side on, same perspective as the two bottom images of yours. Depending on how high you make the bit above the trigger torch, you could have up to 12 shots loaded. While loading you have the piston safety extended (I haven't done too much testing, but I think an extended piston head blocks pushing), load a row of TNT at the top under the tamping piston, and then push it down. Repeat until the clip is full. Then, withdraw the safety piston, power the trigger torch, and every subsequent time you hit the tamp button, it'll push the tnt down where it'll get triggered by the torch, fall into the water, and start pooling up for launch.
The Marx generator will produce Engels-waves which should allow the inherently unstable isotope of Leninium to undergo a rapid Stalinisation in mere trockoseconds.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12518 on: October 04, 2011, 12:04:20 am »

Where are you putting your lava fountain?
Well, with buildcraft and redstone power, why make a lava fountain then I can make a face in the wall that cries lava?

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12519 on: October 04, 2011, 12:14:02 am »

Welp. Got me a cannon that fires around 93 blocks. Travels to the height of around 4-6 above its start of flight too...
Next is to work out Soli's loading. Problem was. I could only get it to max of around 5x2 Charge, it always seemed to break the cannon when I filled it with 6x2...
Check my livestream for how I am going with it... ^_^

http://www.livestream.com/neyvnslivestream

Edit:: Seems I can load it with 2x6, wasn't placing the water right. Got it going another 23m further...
Currently trying to make it go straight, it sways to the left by 6-10ms by my sight...
« Last Edit: October 04, 2011, 12:25:56 am by Neyvn »

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12520 on: October 04, 2011, 01:41:21 am »

Well I had it going, a Nice Cannon, fired from the tile of 19 to the tile of 131 on max distance. Loaded with a 2x6 charge for that casing to fire a great distance...

Then I decided to Try and load it Magazine style, from below.
Well. That ended with a non existant cannon. Due to Water not flowing OVER a Piston's extended part. Now trying to rebuild it but I seem to be doing something wrong...
Sigh... Back to square one...

Ivefan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12521 on: October 04, 2011, 05:19:55 am »

So. Trying IC2 for the first time and made a water generator tower. But the thing is, when i get far enough for the sound to stop i get horribly laggy. Anyone else got this or know of a solution?

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #12522 on: October 04, 2011, 06:31:04 am »

So. Trying IC2 for the first time and made a water generator tower. But the thing is, when i get far enough for the sound to stop i get horribly laggy. Anyone else got this or know of a solution?
The sound going away is a known bug, there should be a fix on the IC2 release page. Its like 1/3 of the way down, search for "Player's SoundSystem Fix"

Incidentally, I can't seem to get Buildcraft to work on a server. The forum page on minecraft.net says to extract the client zips directly to the server jar, which seems odd, and doesn't even mention the server files that are up on the same post. Any ideas?

Server Install

1. First, install ModLoaderMP Server http://www.minecraft...-teams-mputils/
2. Starting BuildCraft 2.0.0, you will need to install Minecraft forge http://www.minecraft...inecraft-forge/
3. Get the client packages of BuildCraft that you want to use (see above).
4. Extract the contents of these packages right into minecraft_server.jar
« Last Edit: October 04, 2011, 06:33:25 am by forsaken1111 »

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #12523 on: October 04, 2011, 06:34:02 am »

Hopefully he 'accidentally' fixes how water generators are not as efficient as solar panels.

Even if they provide 1.5 energy a tick, they still require more engineering and general industrial setup than solar panels while taking up eight times as much space.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Heliman

• Bay Watcher
  • I knew you were coming. Nonetheless, welcome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12524 on: October 04, 2011, 06:42:59 am »

Well I had it going, a Nice Cannon, fired from the tile of 19 to the tile of 131 on max distance. Loaded with a 2x6 charge for that casing to fire a great distance...

Then I decided to Try and load it Magazine style, from below.
Well. That ended with a non existant cannon. Due to Water not flowing OVER a Piston's extended part. Now trying to rebuild it but I seem to be doing something wrong...
Sigh... Back to square one...
IMO, get worldedit and copy your model  every time before you fire.
Pages: 1 ... 833 834 [835] 836 837 ... 1380