Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 839 840 [841] 842 843 ... 1380

Author Topic: Minecraft - It has blocks.  (Read 2339010 times)

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
Re: Minecraft - It has blocks.
« Reply #12600 on: October 05, 2011, 02:33:21 pm »

Fun fact: Redstone engines (wood) can power a quarry, if you chain them together with conductive pipes. If you get 80 of them chained together, you can run a quarry at max speed (once they get warmed up to yellow).
Hey nice. I could use this as a stopgap until I get a better oil infrastructure set up. How many are required for minimum quarry operation? And did you test how many are needed to run a pump/mining well?

Peewee

• Bay Watcher
  • Watcher Of Bays
    • View Profile
« Reply #12601 on: October 05, 2011, 02:39:32 pm »

I'm not completely sure, but I think a single wood engine will power a quarry at minimal speed. 10 makes a quarry look like it goes in slow motion.

I haven't tested pumps or mining wells yet.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #12602 on: October 05, 2011, 02:41:59 pm »

I should do some !!Science!! and wire in blocks of 5 redstone engines so I can test pump/quarry speeds at various levels.

If I ever care enough.

Briggsy16

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12603 on: October 05, 2011, 02:49:57 pm »

Is that what happens with the wooden engines? When they go red? They've warmed up?

I like questions?

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12604 on: October 05, 2011, 02:58:54 pm »

The admins at N@W are starting to whitelist the older apps, so be ready!

Nanoth already got whitelisted.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #12605 on: October 05, 2011, 03:12:55 pm »

Is it strange that I have no idea what N@W is?

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12606 on: October 05, 2011, 03:18:38 pm »

Nations at War. A minecraft server. There is a trailer on youtube and a forum. This week applications are open, if you want to join. However, you have to follow the template when posting an application, but all info is in a thread in the application forum.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12607 on: October 05, 2011, 03:20:30 pm »

And install the mod for it.

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12608 on: October 05, 2011, 03:22:13 pm »

to be fair, you need neither the client mod nor the texture pack to play on the server. However, they really improve the game experience.

however, you need an unmodded 1.7.3 bin. non-N@W mods seem to DDOS the server and make it crash ( mostly Optifine).

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #12609 on: October 05, 2011, 03:23:09 pm »

Aside from other people, what does this server offer me that would entertain?

I'm asking seriously, because I am at work and I have restricted internets so searching things for a video game is a no-go.

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12610 on: October 05, 2011, 03:39:53 pm »

I got accepted into the Nations at War server! *pumps arm*

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12611 on: October 05, 2011, 03:42:43 pm »

that is bad, because the video really is the best way to show the greatest part of the server: the huuge and beautiful map, with many biomes and landmarks.

The map (5000x5000 I think) takes really a lot of time to walk through, but it also holds secrets and mysteries, such as the ruins found in the Wailing sands ( desert).

Also, the nation plugin. Players can found nations, buy plots, declare war. When we are updated to 1.8 (or 1.9) we will also get some NPC merchants back.

Also, the people. There are many players there, even if the player base is thin due to some problems earlier in the life of the server, but more will enter soon. So far, we got hundreds of apps this week and several of them are getting accepted.

I would also like to add that the biomes are really wonderfully crafted, and allow for some creative building.
Furthermore, there are some VERY skilled players there. I wish I had a screenshot of the city of Necropolis. That is really great.

I am a bad advertiser.

When you have time, look at the wiki. After the lore contest, People of all nations made the wiki much more interesting.

edit: Jacob, if you want to join hammersong , exit stormhaven from the east gate, then take the first road going south and follow it. Me ant Merchant of menace ( Antedeluvius) are there, and can invite you.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #12612 on: October 05, 2011, 03:46:32 pm »

So it sounds like something I'd not be interested in, though I appreciate the explanation. I've seen "N@W" pop up a few times and wondered but never enough to check, or was behind a restricted filter.

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12613 on: October 05, 2011, 03:55:30 pm »

Hm, I hit an arena that's WIP and a little town called "Port Flamingo." Am I on the correct road?

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12614 on: October 05, 2011, 03:57:42 pm »

You should go past the turn off for the arena, you'll eventually find a sign pointing to the Wailing Sands
*Hugs*
Pages: 1 ... 839 840 [841] 842 843 ... 1380