Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 854 855 [856] 857 858 ... 1380

Author Topic: Minecraft - It has blocks.  (Read 2339459 times)

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
Re: Minecraft - It has blocks.
« Reply #12825 on: October 09, 2011, 03:04:16 pm »

I've recovered from it, it was just annoying. I'm working on my 'Alchemist's Ladder' now, a series of automated crafting benches which will perform entirely automated upconversion from dirt to diamond, including running the gold ore through a macerator first and then smelting it in an electro furnace. Useful until I get my gem of density.

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12826 on: October 09, 2011, 03:10:30 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Oh cool, Notch is defending me. (Herobrine mod)

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #12827 on: October 09, 2011, 04:07:54 pm »

Woo, alchemist's ladder works like a charm. You put cobble in one chest and walk away, later you get diamonds out the other chest. No fuss no mess. The only cost is about 8 EU/s from my solar panels.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12828 on: October 09, 2011, 05:23:41 pm »

Woo, alchemist's ladder works like a charm. You put cobble in one chest and walk away, later you get diamonds out the other chest. No fuss no mess. The only cost is about 8 EU/s from my solar panels.

Huh? why would you need electricity?

Peewee

• Bay Watcher
  • Watcher Of Bays
    • View Profile
« Reply #12829 on: October 09, 2011, 05:28:23 pm »

Furnace + Macerator

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #12830 on: October 09, 2011, 05:42:05 pm »

Huh? why would you need electricity?

Furnace + Macerator
Yup. Doubles your yield at the end if you macerate the gold ore into dust and then smelt it, and since it all runs on solar power or redstone engines, there is no upkeep.

I'm working on a better version which will accept glowstone as the first step from aggregators so it will be entirely automated with no player input.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12831 on: October 09, 2011, 08:14:13 pm »

Silly me for stopping when he said he was trying to make a build craft gem of eternal density.

Derekristow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #12832 on: October 09, 2011, 08:33:31 pm »

Yeah, those are pretty nice.  I've set mine up to take input from a quarry, so all have to do is fill it up with coal occasionally, or relocate it if it's done.  With a diamond pipe or two you can set it up to handle dirt, gravel, and the various ores pretty easily too.
So my crundles are staying intact unless they're newly spawned... until they are exposed to anything that isn't at room temperature.  This mostly seems to mean blood, specifically, their own.  Then they go poof very quickly.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #12833 on: October 09, 2011, 09:02:34 pm »

Silly me for stopping when he said he was trying to make a build craft gem of eternal density.
Really it was a test run for my larger glowstone version. Now the glowstone ladder is running. 24 aggregators operating continuously. All of the glowstone is routed into automated crafting tables, upconverting to diamond without any input. A small amount of dust is siphoned off for refilling the aggregators.

Yeah, those are pretty nice.  I've set mine up to take input from a quarry, so all have to do is fill it up with coal occasionally, or relocate it if it's done.  With a diamond pipe or two you can set it up to handle dirt, gravel, and the various ores pretty easily too.
I considered doing that but I haven't set up a quarry yet and the glowstone version I had planned doesn't require any complex sorting anyway, nor any upkeep beyond filling the aggregators once every few days and even that can be automated.

I have a mining input chest which I dump all of my crap in every time I go mining. It sorts the ores, macerates them and smelts them then dumps them into my materials chest. I route all of the dirt, gravel, cobble etc into an alchemist's chest with a GOED in it so that is converted as well.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2011, 09:05:34 pm by forsaken1111 »

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12834 on: October 09, 2011, 09:08:41 pm »

I think anyone who hasn't yet, should try bringing the ring that lets you fly, the destruction catalyst (or catalytic lens if you have it,) and a few stacks of glowstone and redstone and see how much fun it is to carve massive pits into the earth.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #12835 on: October 09, 2011, 09:22:59 pm »

I think anyone who hasn't yet, should try bringing the ring that lets you fly, the destruction catalyst (or catalytic lens if you have it,) and a few stacks of glowstone and redstone and see how much fun it is to carve massive pits into the earth.
I'm nowhere near that level yet unfortunately. I'll be sure to try it when I get to the point where I can build those rings.

Edit: Either I am paranoid or the creeper AI had indeed been upgraded. I just saw one in my mineshaft. He started to head towards me then veered off into a side tunnel and hid in a niche within that tunnel until I passed before running out after me from behind. Its good that I knew he was there.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2011, 09:26:43 pm by forsaken1111 »

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12836 on: October 09, 2011, 09:35:05 pm »

Either I am paranoid or the creeper AI had indeed been upgraded. I just saw one in my mineshaft. He started to head towards me then veered off into a side tunnel and hid in a niche within that tunnel until I passed before running out after me from behind. Its good that I knew he was there.

This makes me wish there was a server where players could choose to be the mobs. Like Left 4 dead multiplayer minecraft style. The true survival mode. Humans vs mobs.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #12837 on: October 09, 2011, 09:38:34 pm »

Edit: Either I am paranoid or the creeper AI had indeed been upgraded. I just saw one in my mineshaft. He started to head towards me then veered off into a side tunnel and hid in a niche within that tunnel until I passed before running out after me from behind. Its good that I knew he was there.
The AI is literally "When about to explode, circlestraife player." Near walls this saves your ass quite handily because they will start to charge up for the blast, walk behind a wall and stop charging.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #12838 on: October 09, 2011, 10:03:50 pm »

Okay. It just seemed like an incredibly cunning decision from something that normally just runs at me. :D

Ivefan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12839 on: October 09, 2011, 10:47:19 pm »

Trying to setup a refinery between macerators and electronic furnaces by drawing buildcraft pipes between, but the pipes spits the item out at the last pipe before the furnace. I have only used wood and stone pipes if that matter, but i'd like to know what i'm doing wrong.
Pages: 1 ... 854 855 [856] 857 858 ... 1380