Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 856 857 [858] 859 860 ... 1380

Author Topic: Minecraft - It has blocks.  (Read 2323943 times)

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
Re: Minecraft - It has blocks.
« Reply #12855 on: October 10, 2011, 07:30:29 am »

The Enderman actually looks less scary in this, though.
What seriously? Ingame they look ridiculously stupid. At least in that picture they look menacing.

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12856 on: October 10, 2011, 07:35:52 am »

I don't pity it. If minecraft was that scary, I doubt I would play D:

Hell, sometimes I save and quit minecraft for those reasons even now. I haven't hit the point where the mobs are just mobs yet, they still freak me out.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #12857 on: October 10, 2011, 07:39:14 am »

I don't pity it. If minecraft was that scary, I doubt I would play D:

Hell, sometimes I save and quit minecraft for those reasons even now. I haven't hit the point where the mobs are just mobs yet, they still freak me out.
The only time I get legitimately creeped out is when I turn around to find a creeper/skeleton/zombie right the hell behind me. That actually makes me jump. Otherwise the critters in MC are just a bit annoying.

Actually the one I hate most is the spider. Not because it is hard, but because they will gather on my roof while I work in my house and they will sit there hissing for hours.

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12858 on: October 10, 2011, 07:52:38 am »

Yeah, I just flash to peaceful for a second to get them to **** off when that happens.
*Hugs*

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #12859 on: October 10, 2011, 08:47:00 am »

I just go poke em with a diamond sword.

PsyberianHusky

• Bay Watcher
  • The best at being the worst at video games.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12860 on: October 10, 2011, 09:16:49 am »

I almost have a nuclear reactor up, have one chamber built and am going to use a quarry hole to house it.

I am guessing I am going to have to figure out something to power with it.
Thank you based dwarf.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #12861 on: October 10, 2011, 09:35:32 am »

Are you respecting the fact that side pipes are outputs and top pipes are inputs?
This isn't a hard rule for everything though. Automatic crafting tables will happily take inputs from the side for example.

Niveras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12862 on: October 10, 2011, 09:51:47 am »

Having watched that Yogscast about Buildcraft, I might get into this again. I really like the tubes, although I far prefer IC's "power economy" rather than BC's redstone for simple machines, coal/oil for things more advanced. I don't suppose there's any combination IC/BC that allows/requires the operation of BC equipment via IC power?

Also, is there a texture pack for IC that makes wiring take up only a "portion" of the tile, like BC's tubes and redstone wiring in that Yogscast video? Does the Technic pack handle that too?
« Last Edit: October 10, 2011, 09:53:18 am by Niveras »

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12863 on: October 10, 2011, 09:54:03 am »

Are you respecting the fact that side pipes are outputs and top pipes are inputs?
This isn't a hard rule for everything though. Automatic crafting tables will happily take inputs from the side for example.
:( I have so far to go :( Right now I haven't even got anything from Build craft constructed all I have is a Hand Crank, and Mill Stone (BTW) and a two story house carved inside of a mountain that is quite well hidden (even though it doesn't need to be as I am playing single player)

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #12864 on: October 10, 2011, 11:11:03 am »

Having watched that Yogscast about Buildcraft, I might get into this again. I really like the tubes, although I far prefer IC's "power economy" rather than BC's redstone for simple machines, coal/oil for things more advanced. I don't suppose there's any combination IC/BC that allows/requires the operation of BC equipment via IC power?

Also, is there a texture pack for IC that makes wiring take up only a "portion" of the tile, like BC's tubes and redstone wiring in that Yogscast video? Does the Technic pack handle that too?
Buildcraft's redstone engines basically run on redstone current so there is little to no maintenance on them which is handy. They don't put out much mechanical power though. And no, there isn't any way that I know of to make BC machines work on IC power.

The IC2 wiring already only takes up a small bit of a tile. If you're using IC1 you should update to IC2.

Edit: Okay finally gonna call my ladder finished. 24 aggregators feeding glowstone dust into the system. The system itself is a closed loop. It upconverts from glowstone dust to glowstone to iron ore to gold, macerates the gold, smelts gold ingots from the gold dust, then downconverts the gold ingots into iron and then into glowstone and the cycle repeats. It is a cumulative process which will double every cycle.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2011, 11:29:30 am by forsaken1111 »

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #12865 on: October 10, 2011, 11:34:54 am »

Allegedly there is work on an engine for BC pipes that uses IC power, but I have only heard of this in passing comments and I suspect it's some IC dev that doesn't want to release for some reason.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

0x517A5D

• Bay Watcher
  • Hex Editor‬‬
    • View Profile
« Reply #12866 on: October 10, 2011, 11:38:39 am »

The IC2 wiring already only takes up a small bit of a tile. If you're using IC1 you should update to IC2.
I think Niveras wants to run a tube, a control wire/cable, and a power wire all through the same tile.

It would be really nice if you could.  But the mods are fairly standalone, and the creators seem mostly insular.  (Elorram the most, Alblaka the least, as the latter has put an API into IC2.)

All I'm aware of is an IC2 addon that changes BetterThanWolves mechanical power into IC2 electrical power.  At 2EU/s.

@Duke: I haven't heard of that one, and I read the IC2 forums pretty regularly.  It would be nice.  I only use BC pipes and autoworkbench myself.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #12867 on: October 10, 2011, 11:42:15 am »

I think Forsaken was pretty spot-on with his assertion. The pipes and redstone in the video were not crossing through the same tile but have hitboxes smaller than completely solid blocks. IC1 uses cables that take up whole tiles where IC2 uses smaller hitboxes. There may have been a feature or mod out there for IC1 that did this but I only saw it in screenshots and never got it to really work out.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12868 on: October 10, 2011, 12:00:21 pm »

It could probably be modded together, but you would need permission or to privatly do it and know how to do so. I think it would be annoyingt hough as I don't want to have to insert that cumbersome electric wire everywhere when i can use the redpower mod to power everything then make it look nice.

A texture pack won't be able to do that. It's part of the block's code. Wish it was compatable with redstone's wall/floor covers though. It's a pain to try and hide the stuff.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #12869 on: October 10, 2011, 12:03:26 pm »

Why does everyone think you need permission to make your own alterations to a mod?

A texture pack won't be able to do that. It's part of the block's code. Wish it was compatable with redstone's wall/floor covers though. It's a pain to try and hide the stuff.
Yeah it is. Half of my engineering was geared towards hiding all of the machinery and pipes. IC used to have a cable obscurator which made your cables look like walls, but the new IC2 doesn't. :(
Pages: 1 ... 856 857 [858] 859 860 ... 1380