Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 857 858 [859] 860 861 ... 1380

Author Topic: Minecraft - It has blocks.  (Read 2339498 times)

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Minecraft - It has blocks.
« Reply #12870 on: October 10, 2011, 12:05:28 pm »

Having watched that Yogscast about Buildcraft, I might get into this again. I really like the tubes, although I far prefer IC's "power economy" rather than BC's redstone for simple machines, coal/oil for things more advanced. I don't suppose there's any combination IC/BC that allows/requires the operation of BC equipment via IC power?

Also, is there a texture pack for IC that makes wiring take up only a "portion" of the tile, like BC's tubes and redstone wiring in that Yogscast video? Does the Technic pack handle that too?
Buildcraft's redstone engines basically run on redstone current so there is little to no maintenance on them which is handy. They don't put out much mechanical power though. And no, there isn't any way that I know of to make BC machines work on IC power.

The IC2 wiring already only takes up a small bit of a tile. If you're using IC1 you should update to IC2.

Edit: Okay finally gonna call my ladder finished. 24 aggregators feeding glowstone dust into the system. The system itself is a closed loop. It upconverts from glowstone dust to glowstone to iron ore to gold, macerates the gold, smelts gold ingots from the gold dust, then downconverts the gold ingots into iron and then into glowstone and the cycle repeats. It is a cumulative process which will double every cycle.

Thank you for you have inspired me to figure out a way to collect excess material and put it back into circulation or into a chest.

And that is that when something is full, it either causes the material to pop out or reverses and pops out at the next steel/diamond pipe, so having obsidian pipes at these points to suck them in when they drop out, and reinsert them back into the system will allow you to leave your factory completly unsupervised.

Niveras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12871 on: October 10, 2011, 12:58:42 pm »

Also, is there a texture pack for IC that makes wiring take up only a "portion" of the tile, like BC's tubes and redstone wiring in that Yogscast video? Does the Technic pack handle that too?
The IC2 wiring already only takes up a small bit of a tile. If you're using IC1 you should update to IC2.
I think Niveras wants to run a tube, a control wire/cable, and a power wire all through the same tile.

No, I wasn't expecting that - I understand that, even though it looks smaller (and may even act smaller for the purposes of walking on it), it still takes up a full tile.

But I hadn't played Minecraft in a long while, well before the IC2 update, so I didn't realize IC2's wiring had already been made smaller.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12872 on: October 10, 2011, 01:01:48 pm »

Well, the quadruple insulated HD wire still takes up entire blocks, if your feeling nostalgic  :P

GreatJustice

• Bay Watcher
  • ☭The adventure continues (refresh)☭
    • View Profile
« Reply #12873 on: October 10, 2011, 02:39:34 pm »

hai guise

So I'm playing minecraft on my crappy laptop since I am getting a new motherboard and CPU after they fried. The framerate makes it feel like I am making a screenshot AAR.

I got GameBooster v3 and depending on the map/server it varies between "choppy and annoying" and "halfway reasonable". Having made it at least mostly playable on my laptop, I am now looking for a way to push it to the limit so that it is even better.

Anyone know ways to improve my FPS besides changing the minecraft settings and using GB3?
The person supporting regenerating health, when asked why you can see when shot in the eye justified it as 'you put on an eyepatch'. When asked what happens when you are then shot in the other eye, he said that you put an eyepatch on that eye. When asked how you'd be able to see, he said that your first eye would have healed by then.

Professional Bridge Toll Collector?

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #12874 on: October 10, 2011, 02:42:04 pm »

There is no magic way to make your game run faster beyond getting a better computer, at least no way that I know of.

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12875 on: October 10, 2011, 02:44:25 pm »

Download OptiFine?
*Hugs*

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #12876 on: October 10, 2011, 02:45:25 pm »

Optifine methinks, and although I haven't used it, I have heard good things about it.
http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/249637-181-optifine-hd-a-fps-boost-hd-textures/
EDIT: DAMN YOU NINJAS
And with a mighty leap, the evil Conservative flies through the window, escaping our heroes once again!
Because the solution to not being able to control your dakka is MOAR DAKKA.

That's it. We've finally crossed over and become the nation of Da Orky Boyz.

SHAD0Wdump

• Bay Watcher
  • Hiding in SPAAACE!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12877 on: October 10, 2011, 02:47:43 pm »

I use it, it works beautifully.

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #12878 on: October 10, 2011, 02:57:46 pm »

I use it, it works beautifully.
*nods*
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

Biag

• Bay Watcher
  • Huzzah!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12879 on: October 10, 2011, 03:23:59 pm »

You can also use Task Manager and set the javaw.exe process's priority to High (if you're running Windows). That might give you a boost.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12880 on: October 10, 2011, 04:14:52 pm »

That optifine wouldn't happent o be able to curb the strains that AI or weather causes will it? Because the seasons and millenaire mod cause massive lag for me.

Briggsy16

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12881 on: October 10, 2011, 04:36:34 pm »

Just taken me like two hours to get the materials and figure out how to do this..

http://img4.imageshack.us/img4/8023/20111010223219.png

God knows how long an actual complicated auto-machine would take me. I'm sure there's probably easier ways to do it too.

Edit: Would someone be able to explain the heat thing in redstone engines? Does it matter how hot they are? They aren't gonna set on fire are they? I'm kinda in a wooden house..
« Last Edit: October 10, 2011, 04:44:36 pm by Briggsy16 »

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #12882 on: October 10, 2011, 04:47:14 pm »

Just taken me like two hours to get the materials and figure out how to do this..

http://img4.imageshack.us/img4/8023/20111010223219.png

God knows how long an actual complicated auto-machine would take me. I'm sure there's probably easier ways to do it too.

Edit: Would someone be able to explain the heat thing in redstone engines? Does it matter how hot they are? They aren't gonna set on fire are they? I'm kinda in a wooden house..
Redstone engines take a while to warm up. Once they flash orange/red they are at full speed. That is all it means. Redstone engines do not explode or set fire.

Nice setup by the way. Mine uses 4 macerators and 4 induction furnaces now and sorts the output. It's so nice once it all works. Induction furnaces have a bit of an issue with buildcraft though, it will try to pull the dust out before it's done sometimes.

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #12883 on: October 10, 2011, 05:07:08 pm »

Actually the one I hate most is the spider. Not because it is hard, but because they will gather on my roof while I work in my house and they will sit there hissing for hours.
This. So much this. There's a reason my nickname on Kael's old server was lrcp_spider_god or something like that. In my time on there, I had around 10 or so spiders fall on me.
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock
« Reply #12884 on: October 10, 2011, 05:20:02 pm »

Spiders are the sole reason I always put a glass ceiling in any room with an exit to the outside in it.
Pages: 1 ... 857 858 [859] 860 861 ... 1380