Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1070 1071 [1072] 1073 1074 ... 1380

Author Topic: Minecraft - It has blocks.  (Read 2339292 times)

Osmosis Jones

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 100% more rotation!
    • View Profile
Re: Minecraft - It has blocks.
« Reply #16065 on: March 08, 2012, 09:38:05 pm »

Not as much as snow next to jungle. If at least went through a 'cloud forest' sort of intermediate, sure, but straight change between tropical and arctic is a bit glaring.
The Marx generator will produce Engels-waves which should allow the inherently unstable isotope of Leninium to undergo a rapid Stalinisation in mere trockoseconds.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #16066 on: March 08, 2012, 09:57:22 pm »

Likely off topic, but does it annoy anyone else here that the generator seems to purposely place Taigas next to Deserts? I just saw it for the 50th time now and I'm wondering what the logic behind this is.
Rainfall.

The jungle is a bit more problematic though.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Chaos Armor

• Bay Watcher
  • Grand Master Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #16067 on: March 08, 2012, 10:29:20 pm »

I've had snow intersect with desert before... It was a little weird. But the game's transitions in weather are getting better in my opinion.
Lurking since 2009

Leerooooooooy walk forward twice

Osmosis Jones

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 100% more rotation!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16068 on: March 08, 2012, 10:38:58 pm »

Yeah... it still needs stuff like a wasteland biome between the desert and snow, a cloud forest between jungle and snow, and plains in between the jungles/forests and deserts, but it is definitely getting better with time.

Also, they should totally seperate elevation into another variable as with temperature and rainfall.
The Marx generator will produce Engels-waves which should allow the inherently unstable isotope of Leninium to undergo a rapid Stalinisation in mere trockoseconds.

Biag

• Bay Watcher
  • Huzzah!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16069 on: March 08, 2012, 10:51:44 pm »

Now that the height limit is ridiculous, I would absolutely love some proper cliffs, mountains, river valleys, etc.

Speaking of, does anyone know of any current worldgen-mods like ye olde BiomeTerrain? I'm pretty sure development stopped on that one a long time ago, but it was fantastic.

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #16070 on: March 09, 2012, 06:27:22 am »

You know what would be neat?
A mod that added all ore and rock types from DF.
And then made crafting just as complicated as it is in DF
instead of the simple way Minecraft normally would.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2012, 06:45:12 am by Ultimuh »

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16071 on: March 09, 2012, 06:29:27 am »

There already is a mod with all of the rock types and ore distribution based on real world types, I'll see if I can dig it out.
*Hugs*

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #16072 on: March 09, 2012, 09:59:16 am »

Metallurgy is the name.
I was myself hoping to (get my friend to) add
 - crafting quality
 - pumps
and such from DF. Perhaps if we find a coder we can do a DF mod (pack)?
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16073 on: March 09, 2012, 10:04:12 am »

Nah, Metallurgy just adds some new ores, this adds in a bunch of different rock types, changes it so that you can only find ores in the rocks you would find them in, adds in gem clusters and gem detailing, panning for gold and in general just makes Minecraft much more DF like.
*Hugs*

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16074 on: March 09, 2012, 10:04:53 am »

A multiplayer mod that has all the stones and ores, in order to craft things you need to build the respectable 3x3x3 cube workshop. There will now be a booze bar. Mountains will be MUCH larger. Caverns and other fun stuff will be hidden underground. 100's of new mobs. New weapons and armor. Goblin NPC armies. Stockpiles can hold items like the shelves mod unless you place a box over them.

I would go on but if I do then it will become obvious that it would be too complicated a mod to be integrated into minecraft.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #16075 on: March 09, 2012, 10:54:20 am »

Minecraft could do all of that, it would just be a lot of work.

Gizogin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EVIL][RAWMANCER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #16076 on: March 09, 2012, 11:33:16 am »

Likely off topic, but does it annoy anyone else here that the generator seems to purposely place Taigas next to Deserts? I just saw it for the 50th time now and I'm wondering what the logic behind this is.

Not really off topic, since this is the Minecraft thread.

I mentioned it before, but I've recently built a sort of underground restaurant in the multiplayer server I'm on, and I need to work out pricing and currency.  I'm selling pretty much every type of food and most types of potion.  It's probably not going to be that serious, but my idea was to use things like gold nuggets/ingots, iron ingots, and diamonds as currency.  The prices would be based on factors like rarity, utility, and difficulty in procuring.
Quote from: franti
"Let's expose our military to zombie-dust so they can't feel pain. They don't NEED skin."
Quote from: Ipwnurmom221
One FB post. Many dick jokes. Pokemon. !!VOLCANO!!. Dwarven mood thingee. Derailment itself. Girlinhat's hat. Cuba. Karl Marx. This is why i love Bay12 forums.
The rest of my sig.
Fear the fluffballs

Twi

• Bay Watcher
  • ✨heterotemporality✨
    • View Profile
« Reply #16077 on: March 09, 2012, 11:39:10 am »

Not really off topic, since this is the Minecraft thread.

I mentioned it before, but I've recently built a sort of underground restaurant in the multiplayer server I'm on, and I need to work out pricing and currency.  I'm selling pretty much every type of food and most types of potion.  It's probably not going to be that serious, but my idea was to use things like gold nuggets/ingots, iron ingots, and diamonds as currency.  The prices would be based on factors like rarity, utility demand, and difficulty in procuring.

Fixed. Supply and demand, mah boi.

Otherwise, sounds reasonable. Dunno how to balance the currencies/prices myself, though.

Akhier the Dragon hearted

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #16078 on: March 09, 2012, 03:35:27 pm »

I decided since I don't quite know when all the mods I want to use will be updated that I will be doing a little lets play with the Technic pack. The first video is up here.
Join us. The crazy is at a perfect temperature today.
So it seems I accidentally put my canteen in my wheelbarrow and didn't notice... and then I got really thirsty... so right before going to sleep I go to take a swig from my canteen and... end up snorting a line of low-grade meth.

Johnfalcon99977

• Bay Watcher
  • The Herp Derp Assassin
    • View Profile
« Reply #16079 on: March 09, 2012, 04:22:03 pm »

Wedge

I messed around with that for a few moments and created this (Warning: Large):
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I wonder what else I can create...

Edit:
Oh mah gawd.
Spoiler: Outside (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 09, 2012, 04:31:43 pm by Johnfalcon99977 »
Also known as the Knowlagable, the Forgetful, and/or the Ignored

Please excuse my horrible awful linguistic skills.
Pages: 1 ... 1070 1071 [1072] 1073 1074 ... 1380