Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1071 1072 [1073] 1074 1075 ... 1380

Author Topic: Minecraft - It has blocks.  (Read 2339397 times)

Chaos Armor

• Bay Watcher
  • Grand Master Lurker
    • View Profile
Re: Minecraft - It has blocks.
« Reply #16080 on: March 09, 2012, 07:12:52 pm »

I don't know what I'm doing wrong but I still can't get the IndustrialCraft to work. Any ideas? Am I installing Modloader and such right?
Lurking since 2009

Leerooooooooy walk forward twice

Briggsy16

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16081 on: March 09, 2012, 08:51:56 pm »

Why isn't it working? Have you got Forge MP installed as well as Forge SMP? Have you deleted the meta-inf folder? Is the zip file for IC in the mod folder?

It's not difficult if you follow the instructions

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #16082 on: March 09, 2012, 09:08:38 pm »

I enjoy when people ask us if they're doing it right. As if we can look over their shoulder and confirm.

612DwarfAvenue

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice actor.
    • View Profile
    • TESnexus profile, has my voice acting portfolio.
« Reply #16083 on: March 09, 2012, 10:54:49 pm »

There already is a mod with all of the rock types and ore distribution based on real world types, I'll see if I can dig it out.

I see what you did there...

Also,
I enjoy when people ask us if they're doing it right. As if we can look over their shoulder and confirm.

This. So much this.
My voice acting portfolio.
Centration. Similar to Spacestation 13, but in 3D and first-person. Sounds damn awesome.
NanoTrasen Exploratory Team: SS13 in DF.

Akhier the Dragon hearted

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #16084 on: March 09, 2012, 10:57:19 pm »

Also,

This. So much this.
   Welcome to the joy that is Tech Support. Even worse since I doubt any of you are being paid to help its the kind where you let some friends know you might know something about computers and suddenly the whole town is coming to you for it.
Join us. The crazy is at a perfect temperature today.
So it seems I accidentally put my canteen in my wheelbarrow and didn't notice... and then I got really thirsty... so right before going to sleep I go to take a swig from my canteen and... end up snorting a line of low-grade meth.

eerr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16085 on: March 09, 2012, 11:01:12 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
   Welcome to the joy that is Tech Support. Even worse since I doubt any of you are being paid to help its the kind where you let some friends know you might know something about computers and suddenly the whole town is coming to you for it.

Obviously solved with Tech Support public service announcements.

I also make that "as if the guy I am asking is looking over my shoulder" mistake if I get rushed into something.
:/
« Last Edit: March 10, 2012, 12:18:31 am by eerr »

Chaos Armor

• Bay Watcher
  • Grand Master Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #16086 on: March 09, 2012, 11:12:14 pm »

I was hoping for a guide. I have downloaded the six programs needed to download a Minecraft Mod.

Modloader and ModloaderMP. I have put them into the minecraft.jar and I have deleted the META-INF file. But to install Forge I apparently need to download MCP and to install MCP I need a java download. Is this all really needed?
Lurking since 2009

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #16087 on: March 09, 2012, 11:21:27 pm »

If you want a guide then you should ask for a guide.  Also from the Forge page I quote:
!!!IMPORTANT!!! PLAYERS, YOU ONLY NEED TO DOWNLOAD AND INSTALL THE FILE BELOW:

FOR MINECRAFT 1.1.0 ONLY

<MC 1.1.0> Downloads have been moved on http://www.mod-build...orge-downloads/
so no you don't need all that MCP and Java stuff unless you are trying to make a mod with it. Let me give you a big tip, the thread (or its own forum) for the mod your trying to get working is a better place to ask questions then here as they will know the mod better and be able to quickly point out conflicts and such that we here may not know.

Edit:Also I don't know where you got IC from but if it was the wiki they have decent instructions on the download page itself before the link to the download. http://wiki.industrial-craft.net/index.php?title=Download

Edit2: Also for you and anyone else that may be looking an older version (IE 1.1) of Risugami's Modloader (or any of his mods really) at the end of all the links for various download options there is an "Older Versions" option which will have what you need.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2012, 11:42:40 pm by Akhier the Dragon hearted »
So it seems I accidentally put my canteen in my wheelbarrow and didn't notice... and then I got really thirsty... so right before going to sleep I go to take a swig from my canteen and... end up snorting a line of low-grade meth.

Chaos Armor

• Bay Watcher
  • Grand Master Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #16088 on: March 09, 2012, 11:52:53 pm »

I'm sorry if I sounded anything like that. I have been frustrated, tired, stressed out lately and this has just added to it.
(I saw what you edited)

Also I had only found IC. Not IC2. So the requirements were different. And the links I was sent to were outdated. (You'd think they would go back to their old pages and put in large letters "TRY NEW IC2!" But no. I found a link that said IC2 was still in creation and the post was only a few months old so I assumed...

Yeah, just checked. The Forge I was on was from the IC original page. It was an outdated page too...

I hope I can get it to work when I get to it.

Sorry if I sound or sounded dense, angry, or impatient.

Thanks for the help.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2012, 11:56:32 pm by Chaos Armor »
Lurking since 2009

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #16089 on: March 09, 2012, 11:59:19 pm »

No problem, irritation all around and what not. A good tip is that with the big mods like IC is that they tend to have outgrown their original threads and started wikis and forums all of their own so sometimes Google is more useful to find what you need.

Chaos Armor

• Bay Watcher
  • Grand Master Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #16090 on: March 10, 2012, 12:16:28 am »

Hmmm... Now I'm curious why I have all of that installed and yet it still does not work. I'll list the steps I did.

1. I dragged the Modloader folder into the minecraft.jar
2. I dragged the ModloaderMP folder into the minecraft.jar
3. I dragged the sourceforge folder into the minecraft.jar
4. I have deleted the META-INF folder.

Anything I'm missing?
Lurking since 2009

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #16091 on: March 10, 2012, 12:25:41 am »

By "dragged the folder" what exactly do you mean?

Edit: To be more specific for ModLoader what you should be putting in the jar is a bunch of .class files
« Last Edit: March 10, 2012, 12:30:59 am by Akhier the Dragon hearted »

Chaos Armor

• Bay Watcher
  • Grand Master Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #16092 on: March 10, 2012, 12:35:57 am »

I meant dragged the contents of the folders into the minecraft.jar. Yes they were all class files.
Lurking since 2009

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #16093 on: March 10, 2012, 12:41:10 am »

Okay, I just had to ask in-case. Anyway since I can't see exactly what your doing I am going to actually make a little guide for how to get IC working for 1.1 and it might take a little bit of time as I am going to test what I am doing. In a few minutes I will post exactly what I did to get IC working for me with links and everything on a clean build of Minecraft 1.1

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #16094 on: March 10, 2012, 02:18:56 am »

The following is how to get IndustrialCraft2 version 1.71 installed. If at anytime something does not work then inform me (if your Chaos Armor I will definitely help you but anyone else following this I may or may not care enough to) at what point it failed so I have something to work with.

1. Have a clean Minecraft 1.1 which may or may not be hard to find, I used a backup I had and I am sorry I can't do better with this step

2. Download Modloader for 1.1 from http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?wby6ddco9velug4
   a. Extract the contents of "ModLoader 1.1.zip" which you just downloaded
   b. Put the extracted class files in your minecraft.jar
   c. while in the minecraft.jar delete the META-INF

3. Start Minecraft and make sure it logs in correctly and that it asks you if you want to update(the correct answer is "Not now")

4. Download ModloaderMP for 1.1 from http://adf.ly/4kUzx
   Note: If you have problems with Mediafire after clicking "Skip Ad" then try right clicking the Skip Ad button and
   selecting the option that lets you copy the links location then use that and it should work.
   a. Extract the contents of "ModLoaderMp 1.1 v2.1.zip" which you just downloaded
   b. Put the extracted class files in your minecraft.jar

5. Start Minecraft again and make sure it logs in correctly and that it asks you if you want to update(the correct answer is "Not now")

6. Download MinecraftForge for 1.1 from http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?gzshe9ct4abwhpu
   a. Extract the contents of "minecraftforge-client-1.3.3.12.zip" which you just downloaded
   b. Put the extracted class files and the folder called "forge" in your minecraft.jar

7. Start Minecraft again and make sure it logs in correctly and that it asks you if you want to update(the correct answer is "Not now")

8. Download IndustrialCraft for 1.1 from http://player.to/ic2/industrialcraft-2-client_1.71.jar
   a. Put the jar you just downloaded which is called "industrialcraft-2-client_1.71.jar" in the folder "mods" which
   should be located in your ".minecraft" folder

9. Start Minecraft again and make sure it logs in correctly and that it asks you if you want to update(the correct answer is "Not now") and if it works you should be alright but a quick test by starting a creative mode world and testing some of the things added by IC is in order to make sure it really works and is not just pretending
Pages: 1 ... 1071 1072 [1073] 1074 1075 ... 1380