Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1175 1176 [1177] 1178 1179 ... 1380

Author Topic: Minecraft - It has blocks.  (Read 2337463 times)

Osmosis Jones

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 100% more rotation!
    • View Profile
Re: Minecraft - It has blocks.
« Reply #17640 on: November 03, 2012, 08:10:41 am »

The Marx generator will produce Engels-waves which should allow the inherently unstable isotope of Leninium to undergo a rapid Stalinisation in mere trockoseconds.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #17641 on: November 03, 2012, 08:15:40 am »

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Akhier the Dragon hearted

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #17642 on: November 07, 2012, 03:03:51 am »

Just got a video in my Vanilla LP up in which I build a sand dupe machine. I don't normally care one way or the other with glitches though some of the original pistons duplication glitches where really bad this one I feel is worth using. Of all the things sand is the one resource that I can never mine without affecting the landscape in some horrendous strip mining sort of way. Plus I plan to build a lot of things with glass and sandstone so it will help with that. The whole video is basically me building and then debugging my machine though it only had bugs because I refused to check my creative world till basically the very end. Anyway the Video is here if you want to take a look at it. There is also links to the video I got the design from and the video that video got the design from. The first is in a non-English language but gets right to building the machine I built while the second while in English builds the thing in parts and slowly builds it up while not explaining what is actually going on though I think I get the idea of whats happening (not sure enough to share my theory though).
Join us. The crazy is at a perfect temperature today.
So it seems I accidentally put my canteen in my wheelbarrow and didn't notice... and then I got really thirsty... so right before going to sleep I go to take a swig from my canteen and... end up snorting a line of low-grade meth.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #17643 on: November 07, 2012, 06:06:00 am »

Just got a video in my Vanilla LP up in which I build a sand dupe machine. I don't normally care one way or the other with glitches though some of the original pistons duplication glitches where really bad this one I feel is worth using. Of all the things sand is the one resource that I can never mine without affecting the landscape in some horrendous strip mining sort of way. Plus I plan to build a lot of things with glass and sandstone so it will help with that. The whole video is basically me building and then debugging my machine though it only had bugs because I refused to check my creative world till basically the very end. Anyway the Video is here if you want to take a look at it. There is also links to the video I got the design from and the video that video got the design from. The first is in a non-English language but gets right to building the machine I built while the second while in English builds the thing in parts and slowly builds it up while not explaining what is actually going on though I think I get the idea of whats happening (not sure enough to share my theory though).
What is with the crazy fish-eye lens effect? Did you do that on purpose or is it from whatever you recorded with?

Vattic

• Bay Watcher
  • bibo ergo sum
    • View Profile
« Reply #17644 on: November 07, 2012, 08:23:04 am »

What is with the crazy fish-eye lens effect? Did you do that on purpose or is it from whatever you recorded with?
Maybe just a high FOV setting?
« Last Edit: November 07, 2012, 08:26:09 am by Vattic »
6 out of 7 dwarves aren't Happy.
How To Generate Small Islands

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #17645 on: November 07, 2012, 08:33:54 am »

Maybe just a high FOV setting?
Maybe so. The build is very interesting as a vanilla quirk.

Of course you could accomplish the same easily with mod items, but still its quite an interesting mechanic.

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #17646 on: November 07, 2012, 04:48:02 pm »

I have no idea what is up with the fish eye thing. Its somewhat annoying, I have it set to normal all the time (turning it up to quake pro level makes it freaky). Also, yes mods could do it easily but then it would not be vanilla and thats the point of the lets play. I want to do interesting things without any mods and this is one of those things. I might end up making another similar machine later if I kill the Ender Dragon because the egg can be duped as well.
So it seems I accidentally put my canteen in my wheelbarrow and didn't notice... and then I got really thirsty... so right before going to sleep I go to take a swig from my canteen and... end up snorting a line of low-grade meth.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #17647 on: November 07, 2012, 05:45:56 pm »

Does it work with gravel?

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #17648 on: November 07, 2012, 06:12:03 pm »

Yes the machine I made works with both sand and gravel. I just focused on sand because I have things I plan to build made of glass and sandstone.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17649 on: November 07, 2012, 06:16:24 pm »

Why are you just now sharing a video that was uploaded back in August and, according to the comments, no longer works?
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #17650 on: November 07, 2012, 06:24:05 pm »

because the foreign language has a fix built into it and I did not know the English one was wrong. I just followed the link in the foreign one. What happened was Mojang tried to "fix" it by making sand and such take a tick to get affected by gravity so an extra tick of time is added by way of repeater in the working video. I never considered the one might not work as my machine worked and I figured the foreign one was just some guy translating the thing into his own language.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2012, 06:26:20 pm by Akhier the Dragon hearted »

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17651 on: November 08, 2012, 09:46:33 pm »

Man, I had an idea and I wanted to build it in MC, but wow, I didn't realize that MC would run so slow on my machine. I mean, I run TF2 like no problem, but this is causing me problems even with all the graphical doodads turned down.

Anyway, I just had a question because I never play MC except for this rare occasion. Is it possible to build something in creative mode and then make that creative mode into a normal one? I had this idea to make a kind of deadly obstacle course, but I don't want to go through the trouble of going through all the hard tedious bits (which is what turned me off about it in the first place), and I want my friends to be able to play it in the normal fashion.

Also, in creative mode, I see that I can fly up by jumping. How do I get down? I'm kinda trapped in the sky over here.

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #17652 on: November 08, 2012, 09:55:31 pm »

Press shift to descend or double jump again to turn flying mode off. As for creative to survival there must be a way but I don't know what it is.

Also a questions for others. Is it a known bug that if you put a half slab upside down on top of a bookcase the book case doesn't count towards a nearby enchantment table?

Osmosis Jones

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 100% more rotation!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17653 on: November 08, 2012, 10:26:29 pm »

Press shift to descend or double jump again to turn flying mode off. As for creative to survival there must be a way but I don't know what it is.

Also a questions for others. Is it a known bug that if you put a half slab upside down on top of a bookcase the book case doesn't count towards a nearby enchantment table?

When you generate a new world, one of the options is Cheats; On/Off. If you've selected on, you can use the singleplayer commands /gamemode 1 or /gamemode 0 to switch between survival and creative. Otherwise, you're stuck with the one you generated it in.
The Marx generator will produce Engels-waves which should allow the inherently unstable isotope of Leninium to undergo a rapid Stalinisation in mere trockoseconds.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17654 on: November 08, 2012, 10:41:56 pm »

Or you could use TooManyItems. Built in mode changer.
Pages: 1 ... 1175 1176 [1177] 1178 1179 ... 1380