Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1279 1280 [1281] 1282 1283 ... 1380

Author Topic: Minecraft - It has blocks.  (Read 2338206 times)

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
Re: Minecraft - It has blocks.
« Reply #19200 on: March 11, 2015, 04:19:12 am »

Augmented reality is pretty cool but nobody is going to call them holograms.

0x517A5D

• Bay Watcher
  • Hex Editor‬‬
    • View Profile
« Reply #19201 on: March 11, 2015, 01:32:16 pm »

Apparently Microsoft bought Mojang so that we could all live in one big augmented reality Minecraft server.

What I noticed, what stuck out to me the most wasn't the Minecrafting or the golf-on-Mars.

It was that there were zero frontal shots of people wearing this thing.  Not even any side shots, I think.  All of the shots were rear-quarter profiles.

It's just blatant.  The most we get is at 0:17 or so, someone putting it on.  Then the camera dips so we can't see his face with it on, then the camera cuts away to the back of his head, and then a first-person view of his hand.

So my takeway is 'wearing this must make people look stupid'.  Even though I look at the video thumbnails at the end, and it doesn't look too bad.

'This will make me look stupid.'

That's a bad message.

Anyway, Minecraft.  Still relevant?  What's new in the game?  What has Microsoft added/changed?

I haven't fired it up in years.  Come on, fill me in.

0x517A5D

• Bay Watcher
  • Hex Editor‬‬
    • View Profile
« Reply #19202 on: March 11, 2015, 01:32:52 pm »

Apparently Microsoft bought Mojang so that we could all live in one big augmented reality Minecraft server.

What I noticed, what stuck out to me the most wasn't the Minecrafting or the golf-on-Mars.

It was that there were zero frontal shots of people wearing this thing.  Not even any side shots, I think.  All of the shots were rear-quarter profiles.

It's just blatant.  The most we get is at 0:17 or so, someone putting it on.  Then the camera dips so we can't see his face with it on, then the camera cuts away to the back of his head, and then a first-person view of his hand.

So my takeway is 'wearing this must make people look weird'.  Even though I look at the video thumbnails at the end, and it doesn't look too bad.

That's a bad message.

Anyway, Minecraft.  Still relevant?  What's new in the game?  What has Microsoft added/changed?

I haven't fired it up in years.  Come on, fill me in.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19203 on: March 11, 2015, 04:18:27 pm »

Microsoft hasn't done anything so far. I don't know how many "years" it's been since you played.

There are a ton of new biomes, a new boss, water temples, somewhat different terrain generation, villager trading, and a ton of other stuff.

You might just want to play for yourself, or read up on the wiki.

MarcAFK

• Bay Watcher
  • [INSANITY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #19204 on: March 12, 2015, 01:20:52 am »

So my takeway is 'wearing this must make people look stupid'.  Even though I look at the video thumbnails at the end, and it doesn't look too bad.

That's a bad message.

I have no idea what you're talking about, this is some sweat ass bling bro.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
They're nearly as bad as badgers. Build a couple of anti-buzzard SAM sites marksdwarf towers and your fortress will look like Baghdad in 2003 from all the aerial bolt spam. You waste a lot of ammo and everything is covered in unslightly exploded buzzard bits and broken bolts.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #19205 on: March 12, 2015, 03:59:28 am »

Better than Google Glass, at least.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #19206 on: March 12, 2015, 04:46:36 am »

As fapmaster, it is my right to say: They look kinda like they're either fondling, or in the case of the woman, squeezing, someone's balls.
They're all men...
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #19207 on: March 12, 2015, 05:24:59 am »

My guess is that thing where girls become more attractive as you get more drunk, but for you it applies to fapping.

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #19208 on: March 19, 2015, 11:02:09 am »

Ha, knew there was a minecraft thread somewhere. Just had to dig it up.

Got back into minecraft recently. Been a while since I played. New features. Enchanting, alchemy, new mob ai and water temples, nether strongholds, dungeons, cool shit man. Added a texture pack and it looks swell. Like a new game.

Furthest I got towards the end before dying was exploring a nether stronghold and accidentally angering the pigmen. Hardcore makes near death experiences quite intense.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #19209 on: March 19, 2015, 02:46:58 pm »

Haha wow you haven't played it since beta then. I don't even remember when that was.

SealyStar

• Bay Watcher
  • Gargoyles! Psychics!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19210 on: March 19, 2015, 03:16:54 pm »

Haha wow you haven't played it since beta then. I don't even remember when that was.
If he wasn't around when enchanting and potions were added, that means he stopped before fall of 2011.

Jesus Christ, the years have flown by.
I assume it was about cod tendies and an austerity-caused crunch in the supply of good boy points.

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19211 on: March 19, 2015, 10:53:36 pm »

If he wasn't around when enchanting and potions were added, that means he stopped before fall of 2011.

Jesus Christ, the years have flown by.

I remember when minecraft was just a whisper I heard on the internet every once and a while. I remember the first highly publicized picture of it. It was that Reichstag recreation! Oh boy, that was a long time ago. Wowzers.
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #19212 on: March 20, 2015, 02:22:32 am »

I heard about it a couple of times but didn't start playing until the 1.8 beta.

Holy crap, that was such a long time ago.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #19213 on: March 20, 2015, 04:01:28 am »

Heck, just look at page 1 of this very thread.

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #19214 on: March 20, 2015, 04:25:24 am »

I heard about it a couple of times but didn't start playing until the 1.8 beta.

Holy crap, that was such a long time ago.
I started with the beginning of the beta. Five years.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.
Pages: 1 ... 1279 1280 [1281] 1282 1283 ... 1380