Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1301 1302 [1303] 1304 1305 ... 1380

Author Topic: Minecraft - It has blocks.  (Read 2339412 times)

Sappho

• Bay Watcher
  • AKA Aira; Legendary Female Gamer
    • View Profile
    • Aira Plays Games
Re: Minecraft - It has blocks.
« Reply #19530 on: August 22, 2015, 02:02:46 pm »

Ha! Thanks. That's strange. I don't remember having the option to have cheats enabled when I created the world. Probably the pack author intended to prevent cheating, and missed the possibility to do it this way (or couldn't find a way to turn it off).

So now I have to decide whether to just cheat, or to keep mining... I'd feel guilty about cheating, but man, this is really becoming not fun. Maybe I'll "buy" the gold by throwing away something of value that I have...

I can requisition gold tools from the supplier. Actually, is there a way to disassemble those in thaumcraft to get the gold back? Or I could just "trade" them for a few gold ingots by cheating. Or do they contain the aspects I need to transmute other metals into gold? I don't seem to recall the greed one being in anything but gems, and I can't scan the tools because I'm apparently still missing an aspect needed to scan "tools", though I don't know which one that is...

EDIT: AHA. Got the tool aspect, scanned a gold sword, and yes, it contains Lucrum. It's a bit tedious, but I can, without cheating, break down my requisitioned gold tools and use them to create gold bars. But it will take a lot of them (I only earn 2 gold nuggets each time), a lot of time, and will cost me a lot of reputation. Still preferable to mining anymore!!!
« Last Edit: August 22, 2015, 02:05:47 pm by Sappho »

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19531 on: August 22, 2015, 02:10:48 pm »

Try smelting gold tools or armor in the smeltery.  Most packs allow you to do that to get an equivalent value of gold bars back based on the wear of the tool
Nom nom nom

andrewas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19532 on: August 22, 2015, 02:15:38 pm »

Thats strange, because I was able to cheat in nether rutile ore after an unfair death.

Sappho

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Aira Plays Games
« Reply #19533 on: August 22, 2015, 02:58:02 pm »

Try smelting gold tools or armor in the smeltery.  Most packs allow you to do that to get an equivalent value of gold bars back based on the wear of the tool

Ha! Yup, I can melt down tools in the smeltery. Wish I'd realized that before I spent all that time transmuting gold swords into tiny gold nuggets! Oh well. At least I can do it now. MUCH easier.

Also, the pack has been updated several times since I started playing, and I know others had asked for creative mode / cheats, so maybe the pack author added it. Or maybe I just somehow missed it when I was generating my world. In any case, everything seems to be working okay now.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #19534 on: August 22, 2015, 06:38:27 pm »

Honestly, I would like a mod that has some block types turn into appropriately directioned slopes when on an edge.

This mod actually exists...  Anyone else not know about this?
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #19535 on: August 22, 2015, 07:13:18 pm »

Honestly, I would like a mod that has some block types turn into appropriately directioned slopes when on an edge.

This mod actually exists...  Anyone else not know about this?
Probably not well known because he doesn't allow you to use it in modpacks. Looks nice though

Sappho

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Aira Plays Games
« Reply #19536 on: August 23, 2015, 04:43:59 am »

I've written a detailed review of Blightfall for my new games blog: https://airaplaysgames.wordpress.com/2015/08/23/blightfall-minecraft-modpack-a-detailed-compelling-world/

Feedback welcome!

Any news on the multiplayer server, Forsaken? I'd like to do a Youtube series on the multiplayer world, perhaps...

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #19537 on: August 23, 2015, 06:04:25 am »

I've written a detailed review of Blightfall for my new games blog: https://airaplaysgames.wordpress.com/2015/08/23/blightfall-minecraft-modpack-a-detailed-compelling-world/

Feedback welcome!

Any news on the multiplayer server, Forsaken? I'd like to do a Youtube series on the multiplayer world, perhaps...
I haven't worked out what was wrong earlier and I've been kind of ill the last few days so haven't been online much. Sorry. I'll see if I can figure out the problem today.

Sappho

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Aira Plays Games
« Reply #19538 on: August 23, 2015, 06:15:11 am »

Feedback welcome!

I haven't worked out what was wrong earlier and I've been kind of ill the last few days so haven't been online much. Sorry. I'll see if I can figure out the problem today.

Take care of yourself first, and feel better. :) Actually, I think I'll do my video series single-player, so no rush. I'll definitely join in when the server is working, though!

EDIT: Anyone know of any renewable sources of Praecantatio for Thaumcraft? And any sources of Vitium that don't decay in your inventory?
« Last Edit: August 23, 2015, 06:58:48 am by Sappho »

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19539 on: August 23, 2015, 09:14:12 am »

for vitium, there's no easy item you can get that won't decay.  However, if the object is in a bag of holding, backpack, chest that is carried by a dolly, portable hole, ect.  Than it will not decay.

For praecantio you pretty much need to do one of three things:Magical tree farm (silverwood, greatwood), wisp farm (essences they drop have a large amount in them) or I think you can craft iron capped wood wands and they have praecantio in them.  Same for books to thaumnomicon as wands.
Nom nom nom

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #19540 on: August 23, 2015, 09:15:19 am »

EDIT: Anyone know of any renewable sources of Praecantatio for Thaumcraft?
Chiseled sandstone is normally my go-to easy block for praecantatio.

Sappho

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Aira Plays Games
« Reply #19541 on: August 23, 2015, 10:00:11 am »

Aha! Mossy cobblestone contains 1 praecantatio, and you can make it with some cobble, a bucket of water, and a piece of wheat. Easily done. Now I just need to get a backpack to store goo and such in, and I'll be in good shape. Problem is, I have no cows, and I can't seem to get any to spawn. I'll have to keep spending rep with the supplier for spawn eggs until I get a couple, I guess... Can't make a satchel without leather.

I also started the sequence of quests to get Botania going, and holy hell does that require a lot of stuff. You have to make non-negligible progress in basically every area before you can even begin with Botania. I find that rather disappointing. I was looking forward to playing with mana and making some more pure dasies to help drive back the taint... But I guess that's why it's so heavily gated. Once you get started, I suppose you can make as many as you want relatively easily, unlike the ethereal blooms which are quite costly to produce.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #19542 on: August 23, 2015, 10:05:16 am »

Can you make Greatwood trees? They're really big and their logs contain Praecantitio.

You'll probably want Ordo essentia at some point: the problem is that it's really annoying to make. Most people seem to cook crafting benches and then centrifuge those twice, but you end up with a lot of leftover Humanis essentia.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Sappho

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Aira Plays Games
« Reply #19543 on: August 23, 2015, 10:11:35 am »

The whole world is covered with taint. There are greatwood trees here and there, but I don't have the ethereal blooms to protect them from taint and going near them starts them decaying. (And trying to cut them down results in taint-poisoney-death.) Fortunately, I'm close to getting my first homemade ethereal bloom! Just need to get the leather for that backpack...

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #19544 on: August 23, 2015, 10:31:15 am »

How does one aquire this mod?
Pages: 1 ... 1301 1302 [1303] 1304 1305 ... 1380