Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1305 1306 [1307] 1308 1309 ... 1380

Author Topic: Minecraft - It has blocks.  (Read 2339564 times)

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
  • Σὺν Ἀθηνᾷ καὶ χεῖρα κίνει
    • View Profile
Re: Minecraft - It has blocks.
« Reply #19590 on: August 30, 2015, 04:56:24 am »

I've a spare server to host unto. but I was out of the loop for a while, so, what the heck is blightfall and which version are you all playing on?

andrewas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19591 on: August 30, 2015, 05:02:25 am »

Modpack on the technical launcher. Entire world is tainted and we have to fix it. Use the latest version, I don't think anything broke on that update.

XXXXYYYY

• Bay Watcher
  • Been a long time.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19592 on: August 30, 2015, 10:49:55 am »

Vanilla mobs are enabled. I've had a zombie after coming up from my mine, and bunches of animals are spawning inside the dome. Normal mobs can't spawn on tainted earth, which explains the general lack of them.
Oooooooo. I know. ClF3. That should be a fun surprise.

Sappho

• Bay Watcher
  • AKA Aira; Legendary Female Gamer
    • View Profile
    • Aira Plays Games
« Reply #19593 on: August 30, 2015, 10:58:48 am »

I wrote a review of the pack here: https://airaplaysgames.wordpress.com/2015/08/23/blightfall-minecraft-modpack-a-detailed-compelling-world/

And yeah, there are vanilla mobs, but they only seem to spawn above ground, and only on un-tainted ground. So you won't see them for a while.

Anyone seen vanilla mobs underground? I spend a lot of time mining and never saw any, but I suppose there may have been other reasons for that.

SquatchHammer

• Bay Watcher
  • A bit drafty
    • View Profile
« Reply #19594 on: August 30, 2015, 12:29:11 pm »

I have a couple of questions for you guys. I want to know how to get ATLauncher to use an older mod pack so my brother and I can put new people on the server he is hosting.
That's technically an action, not a speech... Well it was only a matter of time before I had to write another scene of utter and horrifying perversion.

King of Candy Island.

andrewas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19595 on: August 30, 2015, 03:30:28 pm »

Anyone seen vanilla mobs underground? I spend a lot of time mining and never saw any, but I suppose there may have been other reasons for that.

Dungeon spawners exist and work as normal, so you can find zombies, skeletons and spiders.  Other than that, there are no untainted areas large enough for them to spawn, though you may see the occasional Furious zombie in an eerie biome.

Antioch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19596 on: August 30, 2015, 04:20:58 pm »

I am looking for a modpack that provides a real engineering challenge. I love building factory-like contraptions but some modpacks make things just too easy. And by challenge I mean something that makes you think, not an endless grindfest to make basic components.
You finish ripping the human corpse of Sigmund into pieces.
This raw flesh tastes delicious!

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #19597 on: August 30, 2015, 04:56:03 pm »

And by challenge I mean something that makes you think, not an endless grindfest to make basic components.
I have never heard of such a thing existing.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Antioch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19598 on: August 30, 2015, 04:56:48 pm »

And by challenge I mean something that makes you think, not an endless grindfest to make basic components.
I have never heard of such a thing existing.

:(
You finish ripping the human corpse of Sigmund into pieces.
This raw flesh tastes delicious!

SquatchHammer

• Bay Watcher
  • A bit drafty
    • View Profile
« Reply #19599 on: August 30, 2015, 06:05:02 pm »

I have a couple of questions for you guys. I want to know how to get ATLauncher to use an older mod pack so my brother and I can put new people on the server he is hosting.

So no answers?
That's technically an action, not a speech... Well it was only a matter of time before I had to write another scene of utter and horrifying perversion.

King of Candy Island.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #19600 on: August 30, 2015, 06:10:24 pm »

So no answers?
Can't you just make a new instance with an earlier version or whatever?
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

SquatchHammer

• Bay Watcher
  • A bit drafty
    • View Profile
« Reply #19601 on: August 30, 2015, 06:24:24 pm »

So no answers?
Can't you just make a new instance with an earlier version or whatever?
Dont know if I can or if someone joins if they can use the earlier instance, that is why I am asking so I can see if anyone on here wants to join can join my brothers server.

King of Candy Island.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #19602 on: August 30, 2015, 07:11:36 pm »

I am looking for a modpack that provides a real engineering challenge. I love building factory-like contraptions but some modpacks make things just too easy. And by challenge I mean something that makes you think, not an endless grindfest to make basic components.
Buy Factorio.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

SquatchHammer

• Bay Watcher
  • A bit drafty
    • View Profile
« Reply #19603 on: August 30, 2015, 09:23:51 pm »

After fucking around with some things, I think I had found a way to make it avable to anyone who wants to join. So with that, if you want to join use the ATLauncher with the Resinant Rise pack and I'll send you the version we are using with the I.P. address/server name.

King of Candy Island.

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
  • Σὺν Ἀθηνᾷ καὶ χεῖρα κίνει
    • View Profile
« Reply #19604 on: August 31, 2015, 09:14:04 am »

well, the guy who wanted to do that actually went and created factorio :D
Pages: 1 ... 1305 1306 [1307] 1308 1309 ... 1380