Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1306 1307 [1308] 1309 1310 ... 1380

Author Topic: Minecraft - It has blocks.  (Read 2339800 times)

MagmaMcFry

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXISTS]
    • View Profile
Re: Minecraft - It has blocks.
« Reply #19605 on: August 31, 2015, 09:28:30 am »

I am looking for a modpack that provides a real engineering challenge. I love building factory-like contraptions but some modpacks make things just too easy. And by challenge I mean something that makes you think, not an endless grindfest to make basic components.
Here's your new favourite game.

Puzzlemaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19606 on: August 31, 2015, 11:36:57 am »

I am looking for a modpack that provides a real engineering challenge. I love building factory-like contraptions but some modpacks make things just too easy. And by challenge I mean something that makes you think, not an endless grindfest to make basic components.
Buy Factorio.

I have to +1 this.
The mark of the immature man is that he wants to die nobly for a cause, while the mark of the mature man is that he wants to live humbly for one.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #19607 on: August 31, 2015, 11:45:06 am »

For minecraft mods Immersive Engineering is pretty satisfying. Takes a while to really get going but the end result is nice and impressive. Pneumaticraft also seems to have some nifty suff, including the ability to make Factorio style Logistics Robots, but I haven't actually played around with it any myself.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Sappho

• Bay Watcher
  • AKA Aira; Legendary Female Gamer
    • View Profile
    • Aira Plays Games
« Reply #19608 on: August 31, 2015, 01:48:49 pm »

Argh.... Still trying to find a sustainable way to create Sano essentia for making ethereal blooms. The internet says that cakes have it, but in the pack they don't (they have victus instead). Is that just part of the pack? Did the creator nerf cakes so that we can't easily make essentia?

Buckets of milk have 2 each, but when you burn it off for the essentia, it eats the bucket. So each time it costs 3 iron. I know that's not a huge amount, but you need 8 buckets for one bloom, and mining space is very limited until you actually get the ethereal blooms... The only other things that seem to have sano are the ethereal blooms themselves (which don't even have very much) and healing/regeneration potions (which need gold to create).

I really need to get botania unlocked so I can start making pure daisies... I'll need all the extra help I can get.

andrewas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19609 on: August 31, 2015, 02:18:41 pm »

You can mine in tainted land easily enough. The taint won't get in if you don't get to close to a cave, and nothing seems to spawn if you keep the mine clear and we'll lit.

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19610 on: August 31, 2015, 02:20:02 pm »

do clay buckets work? if so, they may be a cheaper alterative.

unlocking botania is the questline in which the paranormalist has to get access to a scanner in the ship right? ( and has a lot of silly plans which aren't exxactly easy to pull off)

I have a feeling this would be easier if I knew how to play thaumcraft.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #19611 on: August 31, 2015, 04:00:02 pm »

Argh.... Still trying to find a sustainable way to create Sano essentia for making ethereal blooms. The internet says that cakes have it, but in the pack they don't (they have victus instead). Is that just part of the pack? Did the creator nerf cakes so that we can't easily make essentia?

Buckets of milk have 2 each, but when you burn it off for the essentia, it eats the bucket. So each time it costs 3 iron. I know that's not a huge amount, but you need 8 buckets for one bloom, and mining space is very limited until you actually get the ethereal blooms... The only other things that seem to have sano are the ethereal blooms themselves (which don't even have very much) and healing/regeneration potions (which need gold to create).

I really need to get botania unlocked so I can start making pure daisies... I'll need all the extra help I can get.

Put the milk in a crafting table with a mixing bowl to get heavy cream, which is pure sano and lets you keep the bucket.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2015, 04:01:36 pm by Putnam »

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
  • Σὺν Ἀθηνᾷ καὶ χεῖρα κίνει
    • View Profile
« Reply #19612 on: August 31, 2015, 05:14:41 pm »

I don't want to seem pushy, but is anyone setting up a Blightfall server?

Just want to know whether or not to keep checking the thread for one.

I'm on it. sorry we got a big software release at the company I work today, had to work my ass off to see it trough. css stuff. it was pretty bad.

Edit: servers up!

Please pm me if anything goes wrong. I'm not gonna implement a whitelist so people can invite friends. please be considerate etc.

thread > http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=152864.0
« Last Edit: August 31, 2015, 05:48:12 pm by LoSboccacc »

Sappho

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Aira Plays Games
« Reply #19613 on: September 01, 2015, 12:36:25 am »

Put the milk in a crafting table with a mixing bowl to get heavy cream, which is pure sano and lets you keep the bucket.

Aha! Heavy cream does in fact have 1 Sano (and 1 Fames). Thank you! Those ethereal blooms were gonna cost me 21 iron ingots each... That adds up quick. Everything else is pretty renewable.

MarcAFK

• Bay Watcher
  • [INSANITY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #19614 on: September 01, 2015, 02:39:48 am »

I really went to play thus now there's a server up, my pcs unusable ATM :/
They're nearly as bad as badgers. Build a couple of anti-buzzard SAM sites marksdwarf towers and your fortress will look like Baghdad in 2003 from all the aerial bolt spam. You waste a lot of ammo and everything is covered in unslightly exploded buzzard bits and broken bolts.

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #19615 on: September 01, 2015, 02:52:11 am »

I really wish I understood more mods. I've worked out Thaumcraft for the most part, but stuff like Ars Magicka 2 stumps me. Blood Magic I scratched the surface, as well as Botania.

Botania seems kinda...Slow. Incredibly slow. And flowery.
As for tech-mods, I've got nothing. No clue for most of them.
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

Sappho

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Aira Plays Games
« Reply #19616 on: September 01, 2015, 03:06:38 am »

The first episode of my Blightfall LP is up! These will be slow to come, since I'm composing original music for them, but now that I have a few tracks to play around with, the rest shouldn't take as long. Feedback welcome! And if you are feeling kind enough to like and/or subscribe and/or leave a comment, it'll help me get more viewers, so if you like it, please consider doing so. :)

https://youtu.be/U_8SSXDPwgY

Once I have a few episodes up I'll make a thread for it in Play with your buddies.

EDIT: By the way, I know the sound quality on my microphone is awful. I didn't realize how bad it was until editing. I've already bought a better microphone for future episodes.

EDIT2: Wait, shit, why is this in 360p? I uploaded an HD file... Anyone know what the deal is there? Is it because I made it flv format? Does it have to be mov or something to get HD? AAAHHHHH!

EDIT3: Okay, now it is showing up in HD. That was weird. At least it seems to be working now.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2015, 03:12:07 am by Sappho »

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #19617 on: September 01, 2015, 03:23:31 am »

The first episode of my Blightfall LP is up! These will be slow to come, since I'm composing original music for them, but now that I have a few tracks to play around with, the rest shouldn't take as long. Feedback welcome! And if you are feeling kind enough to like and/or subscribe and/or leave a comment, it'll help me get more viewers, so if you like it, please consider doing so. :)

https://youtu.be/U_8SSXDPwgY

Once I have a few episodes up I'll make a thread for it in Play with your buddies.

EDIT: By the way, I know the sound quality on my microphone is awful. I didn't realize how bad it was until editing. I've already bought a better microphone for future episodes.

EDIT2: Wait, shit, why is this in 360p? I uploaded an HD file... Anyone know what the deal is there? Is it because I made it flv format? Does it have to be mov or something to get HD? AAAHHHHH!

EDIT3: Okay, now it is showing up in HD. That was weird. At least it seems to be working now.
Sappho, the effort you put in to this is wonderful. :D
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #19618 on: September 01, 2015, 03:59:47 am »

Youtube takes a while to encode the video or something AFAIK.

Sappho, the effort you put in to this is wonderful. :D
Also this.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Glacies

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19619 on: September 01, 2015, 10:42:48 am »

Holy crap - shaders, custom soundtrack, dune references, I love it. You deserve more views.
Pages: 1 ... 1306 1307 [1308] 1309 1310 ... 1380