Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1307 1308 [1309] 1310 1311 ... 1380

Author Topic: Minecraft - It has blocks.  (Read 2324535 times)

Sappho

• Bay Watcher
  • AKA Aira; Legendary Female Gamer
    • View Profile
    • Aira Plays Games
Re: Minecraft - It has blocks.
« Reply #19620 on: September 01, 2015, 11:19:35 am »

Aw, shucks... You guys are the best. :D I guess I'll go ahead and make a thread for the series already then, since people are watching it, rather than hijack this thread any more than I have. It'll be up in a few minutes.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #19621 on: September 01, 2015, 04:43:45 pm »

Unfortunately some of us have to do things other than play video games. I'd be on there if I had time. Been busy with work.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #19622 on: September 01, 2015, 04:57:13 pm »

I'll probably hop on this afternoon.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19623 on: September 01, 2015, 05:20:55 pm »

I have been, and will be rather busy. Still, I just sent a request for the IP and when I get it I'll try to carve a few hours to play.

MarcAFK

• Bay Watcher
  • [INSANITY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #19624 on: September 01, 2015, 06:26:06 pm »

I thought lossbocc was hosting ?
They're nearly as bad as badgers. Build a couple of anti-buzzard SAM sites marksdwarf towers and your fortress will look like Baghdad in 2003 from all the aerial bolt spam. You waste a lot of ammo and everything is covered in unslightly exploded buzzard bits and broken bolts.

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
  • Σὺν Ἀθηνᾷ καὶ χεῖρα κίνει
    • View Profile
« Reply #19625 on: September 01, 2015, 06:37:55 pm »

well not personally, I've got a server up 27/7 (except when it crashes, ends memory, has headaches and or swaps).

MarcAFK

• Bay Watcher
  • [INSANITY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #19626 on: September 01, 2015, 06:40:53 pm »

well not personally, I've got a server up 27/7 (except when it crashes, ends memory, has headaches and or swaps).
Or you realise nobody's playing bay12 ksp multiplayer server attempt number 5 bazillion?
They're nearly as bad as badgers. Build a couple of anti-buzzard SAM sites marksdwarf towers and your fortress will look like Baghdad in 2003 from all the aerial bolt spam. You waste a lot of ammo and everything is covered in unslightly exploded buzzard bits and broken bolts.

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
  • Σὺν Ἀθηνᾷ καὶ χεῖρα κίνει
    • View Profile
« Reply #19627 on: September 01, 2015, 07:03:12 pm »

that server still up there, along with factorio server etc.

problem is, those games/mods are bugged as hell. can't really blame ppl if they abandoned after getting disconnected in midst of something/lost progress/server wasn't active in the only time in a week they could play/etc

MarcAFK

• Bay Watcher
  • [INSANITY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #19628 on: September 01, 2015, 07:10:52 pm »

Yeah I modded my last 2 ksp careers literally to death. I'm up for blight fall if I don't manage to make my laptop explode after 'fixing ' the charger.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #19629 on: September 01, 2015, 08:04:26 pm »

Its very likely I will log in at some point and try out blightfall, just.. probably not until the weekend.

ArKFallen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bohandean Desserter
    • View Profile
« Reply #19630 on: September 03, 2015, 09:41:43 pm »

Hm, have you considered murder?  It's either that or letting it go.
SigText
I logged back on ;_;

evilnancyreagan

• Bay Watcher
  • not regular type
    • View Profile
« Reply #19631 on: September 03, 2015, 10:35:25 pm »

Minecraft Super Fast XP FARM Mob Spawner
Far too clever.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

yeah, that's a pretty basic jobber he's made there. it lacks features like an on/off switch, lava knife ect. it's also rather inefficient with all that flowing water and requiring a sword/ three punches to finish mobs. it would be way simpler to push  the mobs right into a drop trap and not even futz about with a water elevator.

I watched the whole thing expecting some grand innovation--at least it's easy and cheap enough to make, i guess  :P

ArKFallen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bohandean Desserter
    • View Profile
« Reply #19632 on: September 03, 2015, 10:55:28 pm »

I've never seen a watervater used for mob abduction which was the most jarring part of it for me.

I had also never seen a lava knife until you mentioned it but it wouldn't really fit for collecting xp.
Hm, have you considered murder?  It's either that or letting it go.
SigText
I logged back on ;_;

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #19633 on: September 03, 2015, 11:16:40 pm »

That was weird.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

evilnancyreagan

• Bay Watcher
  • not regular type
    • View Profile
« Reply #19634 on: September 03, 2015, 11:31:16 pm »

I've never seen a watervater used for mob abduction which was the most jarring part of it for me.

I had also never seen a lava knife until you mentioned it but it wouldn't really fit for collecting xp.

lava knives actually work great for xp farms, you simply put a bucket of lava in a dispensers and set the appropriate redstone clock to reclaim the lava once it's done it's job. ezpz!

granted, it's it's less of a knife at that point however, to simply appease my argument; you could use a length of lava knives to create a contiguous lava 'blade' just long enough to leave a mob with 1hp after being dragged through with flowing water.
Pages: 1 ... 1307 1308 [1309] 1310 1311 ... 1380