Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1313 1314 [1315] 1316 1317 ... 1380

Author Topic: Minecraft - It has blocks.  (Read 2337428 times)

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
Re: Minecraft - It has blocks.
« Reply #19710 on: October 01, 2015, 03:20:57 pm »

I prefer using MagicWorld and TechWorld separately. Only time I have tech and magic cross in a large way is...Modded Tekkit.
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #19711 on: October 01, 2015, 03:26:24 pm »

Eck, I've only found one good magic pack: I threw a bunch of mods together locally.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #19712 on: October 01, 2015, 03:52:46 pm »

Mostly I was looking for opinions on well-rounded/well-tuned modpacks focusing on tech, rather than having to waste time trying them myself. It's no big deal if no one can recommend any from personal experience.
Personally I'm fond of Resurrection, but most people don't like it because GregTech.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #19713 on: October 01, 2015, 03:55:11 pm »

You either like the gregtech or you don't. Its a very divisive mod.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19714 on: October 01, 2015, 04:10:34 pm »

Eh, IC2 just feels so dated nowadays. It was the shit back when it first came out, at the dawn of tech mods, and it basically defined the "genre".

However, most new tech mods are much more enjoyable and easy to use than IC2 ever was. The cabling is easier, there's less pointless crafting, you can actually change the input faces on your machines, the textures look better, etc.

they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19715 on: October 01, 2015, 04:23:32 pm »

Eh, IC2 just feels so dated nowadays. It was the shit back when it first came out, at the dawn of tech mods, and it basically defined the "genre".

However, most new tech mods are much more enjoyable and easy to use than IC2 ever was. The cabling is easier, there's less pointless crafting, you can actually change the input faces on your machines, the textures look better, etc.
But you CAN change the input faces???
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19716 on: October 01, 2015, 04:24:18 pm »

You can?

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19717 on: October 01, 2015, 04:30:08 pm »

You can?
Wrench or something.  One of the misc. tools.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19718 on: October 01, 2015, 04:33:57 pm »

Damn, this mod talk is reminding me of the first mod I ever installed.

The aether was the fucking shit.
Wish it was up to date...
It was really quite cool.  I saw it on a LP once.
Sigtext

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #19719 on: October 01, 2015, 05:41:50 pm »

My first mod was Better than Wolves back before the developer went off the deep end.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Blue_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19720 on: October 02, 2015, 09:19:14 am »

Am I the only one that uses the Curse Launcher around here?  ???
Crafting Statistics 42.06Farming Statistics

Blue Dwarf has been happy lately. He did some !!science!! recently. He admired a fine forum post lately. He was enraged by a forum troll recently. He was upset by the delayed release of the new version of Dwarf Fortress lately. He took joy in planning a noble's death recently.

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #19721 on: October 02, 2015, 10:50:21 am »

Am I the only one that uses the Curse Launcher around here?  ???
*Hhhhhhhhhhccccccccccchhhhhhh*

Back demon! Back I say!
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19722 on: October 02, 2015, 01:55:20 pm »

I have Curse, but I only use it for WoW.
Sigtext

SealyStar

• Bay Watcher
  • Gargoyles! Psychics!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19723 on: October 02, 2015, 11:42:06 pm »

Fuck Curse.

Years before Mojang sold out to Microsoft, the "official" forums had sold out to those jackwagons. Now, I don't have a good past with the Minecraft forum and haven't regularly been there (or ever posted) since 2012, so take that with a grain of salt.
I assume it was about cod tendies and an austerity-caused crunch in the supply of good boy points.

Blue_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19724 on: October 03, 2015, 03:26:17 am »

Well, it has filters for popularity, and even features like tech/magic etc. Pretty nice if you want to see what are the most played packs.
Crafting Statistics 42.06Farming Statistics

Blue Dwarf has been happy lately. He did some !!science!! recently. He admired a fine forum post lately. He was enraged by a forum troll recently. He was upset by the delayed release of the new version of Dwarf Fortress lately. He took joy in planning a noble's death recently.
Pages: 1 ... 1313 1314 [1315] 1316 1317 ... 1380