Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1314 1315 [1316] 1317 1318 ... 1380

Author Topic: Minecraft - It has blocks.  (Read 2338721 times)

Chiefwaffles

• Bay Watcher
  • I've been told that waffles are no longer funny.
    • View Profile
Re: Minecraft - It has blocks.
« Reply #19725 on: October 03, 2015, 03:47:26 am »

I hate the Minecraft forums. It's the single most resource intensive site I've ever seen.
Quote from: RAM
You should really look to the wilderness for your stealth ideas, it has been doing it much longer than you have after all. Take squids for example, that ink trick works pretty well, and in water too! So you just sneak into the dam upsteam, dump several megatons of distressed squid into it, then break the dam. Boom, you suddenly have enough water-proof stealth for a whole city!

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19726 on: October 03, 2015, 05:47:53 am »

I hate the Minecraft forums. It's the single most resource intensive site I've ever seen.
And half the time it does something WONNKY to any post containing any formatting.
Uuugh.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19727 on: October 03, 2015, 07:50:17 am »

Have the Minecraft forums ever not been bad?
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #19728 on: October 03, 2015, 07:53:14 am »

they have been less worst.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19729 on: October 03, 2015, 12:39:06 pm »

Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

SealyStar

• Bay Watcher
  • Gargoyles! Psychics!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19730 on: October 03, 2015, 08:15:58 pm »

When I checked back on them recently, they had literally dozens of boards and so much posting that it's impossible to find anything good in the heaps of crap.

Also, they apparently have a rule against profanity now to pwotect the twewve-yeaw-owds or something. Fucking hell, if they had that shit when I was there I would have gotten my damn ass banned even more than I did.
I assume it was about cod tendies and an austerity-caused crunch in the supply of good boy points.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19731 on: October 03, 2015, 09:50:53 pm »

So it's okay to harass someone for months with empty threats of legal action, as long as you don't swear while doing so? Okay then.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #19732 on: October 03, 2015, 09:53:09 pm »

Let's just be happy that it's not as bad as the Kongregate forums
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #19733 on: October 03, 2015, 09:59:00 pm »

Let's just be happy that it's not as bad as the Kongregate forums
Hey, it ain't that bad, it acts as a good dam at least.
It's held it in... Semi-well.
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."

SealyStar

• Bay Watcher
  • Gargoyles! Psychics!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19734 on: October 04, 2015, 02:25:22 am »

So it's okay to harass someone for months with empty threats of legal action, as long as you don't swear while doing so? Okay then.
Wait, what's this drama I never heard about?
I assume it was about cod tendies and an austerity-caused crunch in the supply of good boy points.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #19735 on: October 04, 2015, 02:58:19 am »

That could indicate most of the Minecraft drama tbh. Curse mods actively encouraged the license bullshit, going as far as requiring every mod have one, which completely fucked the mod scene if it wasn't before.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #19736 on: October 04, 2015, 03:43:48 am »

The Minecraft modding scene is friggin' weird in general though.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19737 on: October 04, 2015, 05:58:35 am »

Curse mods actively encouraged the license bullshit, going as far as requiring every mod have one
Why. Why.
Do they actively hate the community? Did they each get a penny lodged in their skulls? Are they actually geese trying to pose as humans but without understanding the nuances of human behaviour? Or are they just regular morons?
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19738 on: October 04, 2015, 10:08:44 am »

That could indicate most of the Minecraft drama tbh. Curse mods actively encouraged the license bullshit, going as far as requiring every mod have one, which completely fucked the mod scene if it wasn't before.
What?
Sigtext

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19739 on: October 04, 2015, 11:20:34 am »

What?
They encouraged completely unbackable (due to a few things, including wording in the Minecraft EULA (ie mods technically belong to Mojang, not the mod author)) licensing because... I don't know. I genuinely don't. There isn't a need for it.
Once again, what.
Do you have, like, a link or something?
Sigtext

Pages: 1 ... 1314 1315 [1316] 1317 1318 ... 1380