Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1318 1319 [1320] 1321 1322 ... 1380

Author Topic: Minecraft - It has blocks.  (Read 2338853 times)

Vattic

• Bay Watcher
  • bibo ergo sum
    • View Profile
Re: Minecraft - It has blocks.
« Reply #19785 on: October 09, 2015, 04:36:15 pm »

It's been a long time since I played, but I found Thaumcraft really shined as the main mod in a small pack.
6 out of 7 dwarves aren't Happy.
How To Generate Small Islands

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #19786 on: October 09, 2015, 06:52:54 pm »

It's been a long time since I played, but I found Thaumcraft really shined as the main mod in a small pack.
Yeah, this. Whenever Thaumcraft is included in a pack with other big mods I never bother with it, but it's great on its own.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #19787 on: October 10, 2015, 06:17:55 am »

Hm. I've just started yet another world, this time with my own custom magic pack (including TC, Blood Magic, Botania, Witchery and Ars Magica 2, although I'll probably focus on TC).

I'm sort of tired of making the same sort of house every time, though. Not entirely sure how to make a functional house (which I also suck at) that doesn't look like butt.

E:
I just found a hungry node...
Right above a village, or at least a house with a villager in it. Sucks to be that guy.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2015, 11:22:44 am by miauw62 »

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19788 on: October 12, 2015, 03:47:03 pm »

I think I'm going to try my first survival map/modpack thing, Galactic Science!

Let's see how that goes...

UPDATE: And... I can't use the pack code on FTB launcher! I guess that ends the adventures on the Moon a bit early than I thought. I suppose I'll keep trying, who knows.

UPDATE 2: Aaaand... I'm dumb, apparently I had to use the Curse launcher :P
« Last Edit: October 12, 2015, 04:06:52 pm by Sergius »

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19789 on: October 12, 2015, 03:54:07 pm »

Hm. I've just started yet another world, this time with my own custom magic pack (including TC, Blood Magic, Botania, Witchery and Ars Magica 2, although I'll probably focus on TC).

I'm sort of tired of making the same sort of house every time, though. Not entirely sure how to make a functional house (which I also suck at) that doesn't look like butt.

E:
I just found a hungry node...
Right above a village, or at least a house with a villager in it. Sucks to be that guy.
One: Who says it has to be a house?  I like to build in the sides of mountains, or on floating islands, or just build a floating tower.
Two:Yup, sucks to be that guy.  Get his stuff.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #19790 on: October 12, 2015, 09:56:16 pm »

I always wanted to make a mod that let you make huge bases by placing a single block in the ground and clicking it. It would have worked like the Thaumcraft obelisks used to work (creating tunnels and stuff), except more fine tuned.
They have instant house blocks out there.  So it's doable.  I don't know about how fine-tuned one could actually get it though.

should be approximately "down to the smallest microblock"

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #19791 on: October 12, 2015, 11:02:22 pm »

I always wanted to make a mod that let you make huge bases by placing a single block in the ground and clicking it. It would have worked like the Thaumcraft obelisks used to work (creating tunnels and stuff), except more fine tuned.
They have instant house blocks out there.  So it's doable.  I don't know about how fine-tuned one could actually get it though.
Then you forget to install Forge Microblocks and everything goes downhill
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19792 on: October 12, 2015, 11:13:33 pm »

Then you forget to install Forge Microblocks and everything goes downhill

I'm more interested in having generic corridors (with a "theme maybe) than actual copypasta of blueprints. The main usage would be some sort of Team combat/capture the flag/etc battlezone that is built on the fly then destroyed by each other using all kinds of explosive items.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19793 on: October 13, 2015, 12:54:56 am »

I decided against going near the magical black hole.

Didn't find any silverwood in the areas I can easily get to from my house (but I did find no less than three taint biomes). Installed Mystcraft to give myself a magical forest age, first age has a single silverwood tree visible from spawn :P

they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Niveras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19794 on: October 13, 2015, 05:09:05 am »

Last time I went into a Mystcraft age, there were surface lakes of Resonant Ender. (Resonant Ender is a liquid used in Thermal Expansion and maybe other tech mods, 1/4 of a bucket per ender pearl, 1 bucket per, I think, 4 ingots of enderium.) Made the "end game" of TE very fast when I could just dump a pump, dynamo, and drum over a lake and slurp up more ender than I could ever use.

I decided not to pursue Mystcraft anymore after that, although I still keep it enabled "just in case."

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19795 on: October 13, 2015, 05:15:09 am »

Last time I went into a Mystcraft age, there were surface lakes of Resonant Ender. (Resonant Ender is a liquid used in Thermal Expansion and maybe other tech mods, 1/4 of a bucket per ender pearl, 1 bucket per, I think, 4 ingots of enderium.) Made the "end game" of TE very fast when I could just dump a pump, dynamo, and drum over a lake and slurp up more ender than I could ever use.

I decided not to pursue Mystcraft anymore after that, although I still keep it enabled "just in case."
Yeah, dat worldgen.
I wonder how it works?
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

andrewas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19796 on: October 13, 2015, 05:20:54 am »

By default, mystcraft will give you lakes of any fluid. They can be disabled in symbols.cfg.

Sappho

• Bay Watcher
  • AKA Aira; Legendary Female Gamer
    • View Profile
    • Aira Plays Games
« Reply #19797 on: October 13, 2015, 06:48:14 am »

Like the ocean of molten gold I found... Ahhh, Mystcraft. I should get back into that. It was fun.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19798 on: October 13, 2015, 09:48:24 am »

I remember, back in the day on one of the first B12 modded servers, decay was turned off due to lag.

So somebody made an age with like fifty dense ores symbols and detonated a nuke on it, creating a crater with not a single stone block.

Mystcraft has always been like Equivalent Exchange, but it's still a pretty fun mod to use, and i've already cheated tons in this singleplayer game so hey. (mostly building materials like bricks for my roof, stuff like that)

sluissa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19799 on: October 13, 2015, 10:34:45 am »

I always loved mystcraft for the exploration opportunities, along with dimensional doors. But it's always killed my pleasure with bugs of some sort, either the harsh crashy bugs or milder eating my frame rate bugs.
Pages: 1 ... 1318 1319 [1320] 1321 1322 ... 1380