Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1325 1326 [1327] 1328 1329 ... 1380

Author Topic: Minecraft - It has blocks.  (Read 2337776 times)

LordBucket

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Minecraft - It has blocks.
« Reply #19890 on: January 02, 2016, 04:07:26 am »

speedrun from a fresh world.

I suspect many of you guys have time during the winter holidays, right? I'm just gonna propose a time then: Saturday, January 2nd, starting at 20:00 GMT (3pm EST).

Oh. That's 11 hours from now. Glad I checked the thread today. Yes, I can probably make that.

follow-up session a week later or so to beat the ocean dungeon.

I've soloed them. They're mostly just time consuming to do. Bring in a cow to milk on-site. It makes things much easier.

MagmaMcFry

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXISTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #19891 on: January 02, 2016, 01:33:25 pm »

Alright then. Let's switch over to my server thread to continue the discussion. I already updated the first post with the necessary information.

SealyStar

• Bay Watcher
  • Gargoyles! Psychics!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19892 on: January 02, 2016, 04:06:04 pm »

>tfw you want to join the game but your Skype account gives away your powerword because you didn't care about privacy when you were 16
I assume it was about cod tendies and an austerity-caused crunch in the supply of good boy points.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19893 on: January 02, 2016, 04:07:27 pm »

@sealystar:Change your screen name.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

SealyStar

• Bay Watcher
  • Gargoyles! Psychics!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19894 on: January 02, 2016, 04:10:54 pm »

@sealystar:Change your screen name.
I have, but I was so stupid that I actually have firstname.lastname as my (unchangeable) username because I was that tier of idiot years ago (it was pre-Snowden leaks, what can I say?). I'd have to register a new account. but I only have one throwaway email and I used it to make my original account already.
I assume it was about cod tendies and an austerity-caused crunch in the supply of good boy points.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19895 on: January 02, 2016, 04:12:20 pm »

Then make a new throwaway email.  That's what they're for.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #19896 on: January 03, 2016, 05:13:20 am »

And here I am using my real name as my username everywhere.

LordBucket

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19897 on: January 03, 2016, 05:26:38 pm »

So the event concluded today with a successful defeat of the dragon.

Thanks to everyone who participated. While we had several coming and going and I think a peak of five players yesterday, today it was only myself, MagmaMcFry and SealyStar. Altogether I think it was about 6 hours from start to finish, rather than the 4 we predicted. The dragon fight itself was uneremarkable, with no deaths and only minimal intervention from endermen. Really, of the entire event, collecting ender pearls was the most difficult part and we cheated that after spending two nights of several of us hunting without finding a single one.

Still it was a fun event. Thanks to everyone for participating and to MagmaMcFry for hosting the event.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19898 on: January 07, 2016, 12:17:04 am »

I need someone to explain how this situation with bees works.

I used a genetic template to make a queen bee (made from common I think, might have had both common and cultivated genes, should probably assume it did) and used a genetic template of bovine (or however it's spelt, the cow one) and put it in an apiary. I come back later and find a common and cultivated drone/princess left.... no bovine. How does this work? Each queen should have 2 traits, no? So how did it create both a common and cultivated bee when it's bovine?

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #19899 on: January 07, 2016, 01:59:29 am »

Ok, a Queen Bee actually has four sets of genes. The ones you can see in the Beealyzer, and the hidden ones from the drone. So, when you imprint genes on a queen bee, you have to do it again on the drone and princess bee.

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19900 on: January 07, 2016, 02:45:53 am »

Ok, a Queen Bee actually has four sets of genes. The ones you can see in the Beealyzer, and the hidden ones from the drone. So, when you imprint genes on a queen bee, you have to do it again on the drone and princess bee.

Thank you. Being an evolution major I should have guessed that it would have 4 sets of genes.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19901 on: January 07, 2016, 06:49:41 pm »

Ok another question, sadly a lot more technical.

I made a backup for FTB:Banished in order to update it, and as expected it isn't working anymore. I got an error saying that my forge isn't up to date but that is not what I am trying to fix. I'm also not trying to fix why the world save doesn't load when dragging the extra it into saves, but any suggestions would be welcomed.

I want to restore my backup. Apparently it's not as simple as deleting and replacing, there are a bunch of different items inside the backup folder. How do you restore a pack backup?

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19902 on: January 10, 2016, 05:45:57 pm »

So, this mod exists.

Instead of being surprised, I suppose I ought to be ABSOLUTELY FREAKING ECSTATIC. Which I am.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

jhxmt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19903 on: January 11, 2016, 11:16:19 am »

So, my friend and I have a number of mods that we'd like to use, but without a lot of the additional ones that most of the major modpacks provide.

Does anybody know of an obvious "Idiot's Guide to Putting Together Your Own Private Modpack" somewhere that I could follow?  I'm savvy enough to be able to install mods individually, but haven't played around with modded MC enough to become familiar with what I'd need to watch out for when combining a number of them.
Quote from: beefsupreme
Try slaughtering a ton of animals, meat makes less decisions than animals.

Why Your Ramps Don't Work
How To Breach A Volcano Safely

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #19904 on: January 11, 2016, 11:53:18 am »

For 1.7.10? Nothing, really. Just removing duplicate ores.

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward
Pages: 1 ... 1325 1326 [1327] 1328 1329 ... 1380