Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1326 1327 [1328] 1329 1330 ... 1380

Author Topic: Minecraft - It has blocks.  (Read 2335539 times)

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
Re: Minecraft - It has blocks.
« Reply #19905 on: January 11, 2016, 08:02:49 pm »

Just removing duplicate ores.
I don't even bother with that. Running everything through a TE pulveriser turns it into TE stuff anyway, so who cares.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #19906 on: January 12, 2016, 02:30:40 am »

Because having four different kinds of copper ore in your inventory sucks :P

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

andrewas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19907 on: January 12, 2016, 04:10:53 am »

As well as duplicate ores, check for potion and biome ID conflicts.

YaW

• Bay Watcher
  • CremaGames
    • View Profile
    • CremaGames
« Reply #19908 on: January 12, 2016, 06:23:16 am »

So, this mod exists.

Instead of being surprised, I suppose I ought to be ABSOLUTELY FREAKING ECSTATIC. Which I am.

Damn it. I'm reinstalling Minecraft (for the tenth time) only to play this.

TheBronzePickle

• Bay Watcher
  • Why am I doing this?
    • View Profile
« Reply #19909 on: January 12, 2016, 12:38:20 pm »

Pokecube isn't the only Pokemon mod out there.

Pixelmon is another Pokemon mod, for 1.8. It's a Forge build, and I personally like it a little better than Pokecube because I feel like it has a lot more polish and better functionality, but it also doesn't have anything from Gen 6 yet. It's worth trying both out and seeing which one you prefer.
Nothing important here, move along.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19910 on: January 12, 2016, 06:40:23 pm »

Pokecube isn't the only Pokemon mod out there.

Pixelmon is another Pokemon mod, for 1.8. It's a Forge build, and I personally like it a little better than Pokecube because I feel like it has a lot more polish and better functionality, but it also doesn't have anything from Gen 6 yet. It's worth trying both out and seeing which one you prefer.

One the one hand, Pixelmon lacks Gen VI stuff, and I want my Fairy-types dammit. On the other hand, Pixelmon has breeding, and some completely fantastic graphics. ...It's also missing Mawile, which I really wanted.

It also seems that the Pixelmon dev team is refusing to do Gen VI until Gen VII comes out. I didn't even know there was going to be a Gen VII.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #19911 on: January 13, 2016, 10:13:25 am »

Of course there'd be a Gen 7. Its pokemons.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19912 on: January 21, 2016, 12:23:19 pm »

I've been playing a bunch of mod packs that involve quests and a story, and after seeing the grind and cheating my way through some of them, I have realized that when people make these things, they invent a paragraph of story, and then make quests for every item in the ****ing game, then never get back to the story.

"Your purpose for being here is to stop the unknown source from destroying the world! To do this please craft 90% of all items from every mod and not need half of them"....

Are there any GOOD quest based packs where they actually have goals?

andrewas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19913 on: January 21, 2016, 12:35:19 pm »

Blightfall?

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19914 on: January 21, 2016, 01:23:40 pm »

Blightfall?

I'll try it out. I thought the technic launcher was dead a long time ago.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19915 on: January 22, 2016, 01:00:58 pm »

I don't think it's dead dead, but I haven't touched it since a while.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #19916 on: January 22, 2016, 03:38:38 pm »

It's sort of alive, but no-one really cares about it.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #19917 on: January 22, 2016, 03:58:15 pm »

Regrowth, out of FtB is another great quest pack.

Blue_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19918 on: January 22, 2016, 10:16:45 pm »

I've been playing a bunch of mod packs that involve quests and a story, and after seeing the grind and cheating my way through some of them, I have realized that when people make these things, they invent a paragraph of story, and then make quests for every item in the ****ing game, then never get back to the story.

"Your purpose for being here is to stop the unknown source from destroying the world! To do this please craft 90% of all items from every mod and not need half of them"....

Are there any GOOD quest based packs where they actually have goals?

Crash Landing does quests right'ish, actually guiding you through the tech progression.

Sadly, we got flooded with less original modpacks ever since making them became easier.
Crafting Statistics 42.06Farming Statistics

Blue Dwarf has been happy lately. He did some !!science!! recently. He admired a fine forum post lately. He was enraged by a forum troll recently. He was upset by the delayed release of the new version of Dwarf Fortress lately. He took joy in planning a noble's death recently.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19919 on: January 23, 2016, 02:57:38 pm »

Tried blightfall, loving it. If I had one complaint it would be the painfully rare metals. I have been mining for literally hours at all levels and have not seen a single block of lead or a diamond. I have found 3 blocks of gold. The only thing I have in a reasonable quantity is iron but no manganese to make it into steel. It is turning into such a grind I am considering cheating the dam stuff in.
Pages: 1 ... 1326 1327 [1328] 1329 1330 ... 1380