Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1328 1329 [1330] 1331 1332 ... 1380

Author Topic: Minecraft - It has blocks.  (Read 2338035 times)

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
Re: Minecraft - It has blocks.
« Reply #19935 on: January 24, 2016, 06:41:13 pm »

Yes. It has some changes that make it more friendlier, like no fuel <-> matter distinction.

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #19936 on: January 24, 2016, 06:53:55 pm »

Also you generally need one of a thing before you can conjure said thing.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2016, 07:35:23 pm by Aklyon »
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #19937 on: January 24, 2016, 07:22:29 pm »

Also you generally need to give up one of a thing before you can conjure said thing.
Didn't you just have to teach a transmutation tablet with EE2? Does it eat your items now or something?
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #19938 on: January 24, 2016, 07:35:08 pm »

Either you just teach it and take the item back, or you burn it in a different slot and both gain the recipe and the emc from the item, now that I've gone and actually looked at it more recently. So yes to both, actually.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19939 on: January 24, 2016, 07:36:24 pm »

There's an EE2 port?  *happies*
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #19940 on: January 24, 2016, 07:38:44 pm »

There is! Though people seem to either not know its a thing or complain about it for some reason, from what I'd seen awhile ago.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #19941 on: January 24, 2016, 08:03:53 pm »

I've also yet to see a good modpack that has projectE as one of the main mods used

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #19942 on: January 24, 2016, 08:08:46 pm »

The primary gate for most mods is either non-project-E-able custom crafting, or resource gating, so modpacks tend to not have a use for it.

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19943 on: January 24, 2016, 08:15:10 pm »

Some mod packs require Java 1.7, some require Java 1.8.

Is there an easy way to switch between these 2, or am I just going to have to choose one?

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #19944 on: January 24, 2016, 08:18:36 pm »

You can install both, and make each pack launch with the correct java .exe.
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #19945 on: January 24, 2016, 08:20:50 pm »

I would add 'or they could just fix their damn java problem', but I have no idea what it is, so that might not be practical.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19946 on: January 24, 2016, 11:29:55 pm »

There is! Though people seem to either not know its a thing or complain about it for some reason, from what I'd seen awhile ago.
Good, I kind of missed EE2's, y'know, useful stuff.
Not that I've ever seen Project E, but now I know it exists.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #19947 on: January 25, 2016, 01:23:21 am »

I would add 'or they could just fix their damn java problem', but I have no idea what it is, so that might not be practical.
It shouldn't be hard, but modders tend to be lazy when it comes to conflicts with other mods.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #19948 on: January 25, 2016, 01:32:50 am »

that makes it sound like modders should be expected to make efforts to avoid such things

it's not like DF where doing so simply requires making sure you put stuff in new files and name your objects with some unique identifier at the end

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #19949 on: January 25, 2016, 01:57:27 am »

Not really, incompatibility with Forge mods is rare as balls anyway, and it's usually the fault of someone else - in this case, Oracle.
Pages: 1 ... 1328 1329 [1330] 1331 1332 ... 1380