Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1329 1330 [1331] 1332 1333 ... 1380

Author Topic: Minecraft - It has blocks.  (Read 2337769 times)

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Minecraft - It has blocks.
« Reply #19950 on: January 25, 2016, 11:13:53 am »

You can install both, and make each pack launch with the correct java .exe.

I can use both? How? I recall serious problems the last time I tried to keep both installed.

ArKFallen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bohandean Desserter
    • View Profile
« Reply #19951 on: January 25, 2016, 03:07:46 pm »

You can install both, and make each pack launch with the correct java .exe.

I can use both? How? I recall serious problems the last time I tried to keep both installed.
http://www.technicpack.net/article/attention-modpack-authors.105
Hm, have you considered murder?  It's either that or letting it go.
SigText
I logged back on ;_;

RexMundi

• Bay Watcher
  • New and Improved!
    • View Profile
    • Steam profile
« Reply #19952 on: January 25, 2016, 09:15:14 pm »

on the topic of project E and modpacks. Resonant rise used it for a long time, but it's development has been.. slow lately..

I myself will cling to 1.7.10 until there are good standard packs on 1.8. Even if I bounce between them like a add crack whore of modpacks for now. Currently I'm on Revolution2 on AT launcher, anyone else seen it?

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #19953 on: February 04, 2016, 07:05:28 am »

Just gauging interest: I have been having fun with the Simply Magic modpack and am considering hosting a server if there is interest. It's a lightweight pack, nothing like the kitchen sink packs I see so much. It's offered through the FTB launcher.

Basically it's just several magic style mods with no technology included.

http://forum.feed-the-beast.com/threads/listed-1-7-10-simply-magic-hqm-magic-light-tutorial-themed.139841/

If at least a few people would be interested I'll host it up for us to have some fun on.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #19954 on: February 04, 2016, 12:08:58 pm »

I'm interested, maybe

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #19955 on: February 04, 2016, 12:10:35 pm »

Interested but not today.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #19956 on: February 04, 2016, 01:37:31 pm »

Good enough, I'll get it hosted on my hardware. PM me your ingame names and I'll whitelist you and give you the info. It will be up 24x7 more or less

Niveras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19957 on: February 04, 2016, 03:23:55 pm »

I'll try it out, I could use a reason to focus on magic mods. But I'll probably end up playing solo a lot more than on forsaken's server.

Message out.

[It occurs to me that one reason I prefer tech over magic is the extent to which to automation is possible. I've seen some auto-generation set ups for Botania, for example, and they often require ridiculously contrived vanilla redstone set ups. Look at the chicken-gourmaryllis or munchdew setups. Yuck. I don't know, maybe that's because they were strictly Botania-only and something like thaumcraft golems could simplify them immensely.]
« Last Edit: February 04, 2016, 03:28:48 pm by Niveras »

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #19958 on: February 04, 2016, 03:38:57 pm »

I'll try it out, I could use a reason to focus on magic mods. But I'll probably end up playing solo a lot more than on forsaken's server.

Message out.

[It occurs to me that one reason I prefer tech over magic is the extent to which to automation is possible. I've seen some auto-generation set ups for Botania, for example, and they often require ridiculously contrived vanilla redstone set ups. Look at the chicken-gourmaryllis or munchdew setups. Yuck. I don't know, maybe that's because they were strictly Botania-only and something like thaumcraft golems could simplify them immensely.]
I responded. As for your automation statement, we have one mod called automagy which includes some autocrafting and advanced redstone options in thaumcraft. Botania has the corporea system, ars magica has flickers which can move items around. There are some automation options

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #19959 on: February 04, 2016, 03:45:43 pm »

Botania also has he hovering hourglass, which can clean up some of the more absurd redstone.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #19960 on: February 05, 2016, 05:26:42 am »

Botania also has he hovering hourglass, which can clean up some of the more absurd redstone.
Thats the one you can tune to repeat at various intervals depending on the stuff you put inside right? I haven't played with that yet. Automagy has a similar device and has redstone crystal 'wires' which can go along walls and ceilings, as well as wireless redstone that operates through thaumcraft's paired mirrors

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #19961 on: February 09, 2016, 08:41:41 am »

I like this mod.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #19962 on: February 09, 2016, 09:17:18 am »

Which mod is that?

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19963 on: February 09, 2016, 09:19:45 am »

That would be an interesting experiment for a server: massive railroad system. Make some sort of infinite track dispenser (assuming they can't just melt it into iron or something cheesy like that) and see what you end up with.

Which mod is that?

Looks like Traincraft but I can't be sure.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #19964 on: February 09, 2016, 09:41:41 am »

I once built an entire railcraft transport system on my old server. All you had to do was run to the nearest stop and get a ticket to anywhere
Pages: 1 ... 1329 1330 [1331] 1332 1333 ... 1380