Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1331 1332 [1333] 1334 1335 ... 1380

Author Topic: Minecraft - It has blocks.  (Read 2324613 times)

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
Re: Minecraft - It has blocks.
« Reply #19980 on: February 19, 2016, 09:00:45 am »

Is there any reason at all a great majority of FTB packs utilize Mine and Blade: Battlegear 2, even on Vanilla+? Not sure if I'm the only one who thinks of it this way, but I don't think it's fun; rather it is clunky. If only I could switch back to my blocks without having to press R every time to remove my equipment.
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #19981 on: February 19, 2016, 10:39:54 am »

B12 PvP server with raiding people that aren't online not allowed? Maybe with exceptions for if a person has done a full blown vanish.

Maybe +,+ could be a no PvP zone, +,- and -,+ could follow this rule, and -,- holds no rules regarding PvP?
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #19982 on: February 19, 2016, 11:04:33 am »

Is there any reason at all a great majority of FTB packs utilize Mine and Blade: Battlegear 2, even on Vanilla+? Not sure if I'm the only one who thinks of it this way, but I don't think it's fun; rather it is clunky. If only I could switch back to my blocks without having to press R every time to remove my equipment.

Hopefully on 1.9 you won't need that, since dual wielding will be default! :v

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #19983 on: February 19, 2016, 03:13:21 pm »

I've never heard of that mod. But thats the case with most mods I hear about after awhile.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #19985 on: March 02, 2016, 07:09:23 pm »

I kind of like it.
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #19986 on: March 02, 2016, 07:32:14 pm »

And now we wait for Forge to update.

While I like the combat update... what took them so bloody long? The list's pretty short, and they had the combat ready yonks ago.
There's a lot of background code changes AFAIK.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19987 on: March 02, 2016, 08:46:53 pm »

Dual Wielding was done in a strange way-It only works for right clicking. So you can't dual wield, say, a weapon.
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #19988 on: March 02, 2016, 09:42:19 pm »

And now we wait for Forge to update
You say that like the mods will actually get to 1.9 anytime soon. They just now are getting to 1.8.9.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #19989 on: March 02, 2016, 10:00:22 pm »

We'll get the pointless minor mods fairly soon. But then it'll be like a year before we see TE and such updating. I'm still salty about Buildcraft squatting on 1.7, too.
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19990 on: March 02, 2016, 10:22:47 pm »

but buildcraft is in the unstable version of FTB, which is for 1.8

Anyway yeah it'll be a solid decade until we get mods for 1.9. And a lot of them, I suspect, will need to rework some mechanics to deal with the fact that WE CAN HOLD SHIT IN OUR OTHER HAND WHAAAAT
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #19991 on: March 03, 2016, 12:27:58 am »

but buildcraft is in the unstable version of FTB, which is for 1.8
Ohshit

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #19992 on: March 03, 2016, 02:52:02 am »

And now we wait for Forge to update
You say that like the mods will actually get to 1.9 anytime soon. They just now are getting to 1.8.9.
They say that 1.8.9 -> 1.9 is a lot smaller leap than 1.7.10 to 1.8.9...

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

LordBucket

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19993 on: March 03, 2016, 08:50:51 pm »

First impressions of 1.9

Skeletons have become ninja Legolas marksmen of doom. They can kite, they can intelligently avoid terrain that zombies will charge into, and they'll duck in and out behind trees and walls and things to snipe at you while avoiding return fire. Creepers can now instakill you when fully healed and wearing full iron armor. Zombie villager look scary now. Whoa! Skeleton horses everywhere! But apparently they're super nice and friendly. I have a pack that lives outside my base and we coexist peacefully. They frolic among the flowers by the lake and never bother me when I pass by. Somebody tamed a few and there's apparently a (breeding?) pair of them in spawn town on my server. Sometimes I like to think about me and the skeletal horses, hand in hoof, dancing under the stairs at night, going out drinking together, being best of friends. They're among the nicest and kindest creatures in minecraft this update.

Also, beetroots! The super exciting way to get...yet more red dye!

I suppose end cities are kind of neat if you can find one. So far the only one I've actually found was a single empty building. Pretty much gave up after that.

Shields? Sure, why not. But it's a bit of a nuisance that having a shield equipped slows down your movement when doing anything that involves right clicking. Feeding animals, planting seeds, etc. So i find myself swapping my shield off and on a lot.

Did you know that not only can beetroots make red dye, they can also be used to very inefficiently make soup? Because soup is a super important food source, right?

Oh, end stone can be crafted into bricks now. Sure, that's a thing it should be able to do. Although fully half the blocks in the entire game, have been waiting for an update for forever to allow them to be crafted into stairs and halfslabs and things. Why can I not have smoothstone stairs to match the smoothstone halfslabs rather than being stuck mixing them with stone brick? Why can I not have clay halfslabs? I'd really like to use those blocks, but I'm not going to leave everything spawnable, especially with all the nasty mob AI changes. Half-slabbing is a basic precaution, and I'm not going to skip it, so a lot of those blocks are pretty much unusable if you can't color coordinate them with something you can make halfslabs out of. But, hey! Endstone brick! Because everybody really wanted to use more endstone, right?

New boats...meh.

Mending sounds great. But I haven't seen it come up yet.

Have I mentioned beetroots? Go, go power beetroots! The mascot of 1.9.

TL;DR: Yes, there's some nice stuff. Sure, harder combat...that's nice if your motivation for playing online legos is for the combat experience. But overall this update seems a bit uninspired.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #19994 on: March 03, 2016, 08:58:08 pm »

I like the new boats, they're significantly less shit now. Combat changes are mostly important for PVP and making skeletons even more annoying.

Walls/slabs/stairs should be available for every block type IMO, but that'll never get added so RIP.
Pages: 1 ... 1331 1332 [1333] 1334 1335 ... 1380