Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1378 1379 [1380]

Author Topic: Minecraft - It has blocks.  (Read 2324100 times)

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
Re: Minecraft - It has blocks.
« Reply #20685 on: September 21, 2021, 03:32:47 am »

It's mostly RAM, which you have to set manually.

the biggest ones essentially crashed my game even with additional RAM--but maybe I should be more liberal with it, idk. Anyways, Engineer's Life 2 is a blast so I'm happily sticking to that for now.
Yeah, you want to set max RAM to at least six gigs(?) or more for some modpacks. Some of the leaner ones are fine at just 4 gigs, but its hard to tell if its enough, so just go crazy with it.
I didn't even realize that the RAM I gave it wasn't enough until I tried on my new gaming computer (instead of my old laptop) and realized that some modpacks not running at more than 5 frames per second and taking a half-hour to load wasn't cause my laptop was crap (it kinda is), it was because I didn't give the game enough RAM.

Note that there is a good chance your java is 32 bit and can't use more then 4 gigs of RAM no matter what settings you try to use. This isn't enough for some modpacks and you need to uninstall your java and get a 64 bit version of java that can handle it even if said modpack/launcher never tells you so or even implies anything of the sort.

Manually disabling some of the mods that you know you will never use any part of in a run can help a little bit too.
And with a mighty leap, the evil Conservative flies through the window, escaping our heroes once again!
Because the solution to not being able to control your dakka is MOAR DAKKA.

That's it. We've finally crossed over and become the nation of Da Orky Boyz.

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20686 on: September 21, 2021, 02:51:46 pm »

I reallocated my RAM, but I also downgraded to a less intensive pack. The bigger packs have nice bells and whistles, but lack synergy. For the record I'm playing Automation Nation which is a pretty fun tech/industry pack coming in at 64 mods.

My only problem still is how dead the world feels in Single Player... I'm just gonna say it, villagers SUCK. Hard. They're the most lifeless NPC ever devised. I mean it would be nice if we had a whole ton of different adventurer and townsfolk NPCs... but even one or two travelling types who ask to stay the night would go a super far way.

EDIT: Every once in a while a mod starts to approach a solution for this and either slows down or heads in a different direction... I'm not sure whether this is a hard thing to do or most peeps just dont agree with me.

EDIT: Base im working on:

« Last Edit: September 21, 2021, 03:39:50 pm by Urist McScoopbeard »
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #20687 on: September 22, 2021, 02:57:08 pm »

Man, village mods... I miss Millenaire. Definitely the best NPC mod out there.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20688 on: September 22, 2021, 05:25:17 pm »

Man, village mods... I miss Millenaire. Definitely the best NPC mod out there.

It's around but last I checked limited to 1.12, like most mods. It's often combined in packs with other village mods.

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20689 on: September 22, 2021, 05:49:32 pm »

Mine Colonies seems to be the most recent Village mod, if y'all are interested--it's a colony builder though. A little diff than Millenaire (source: me, a guy who desperately wants NPCs)
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #20690 on: September 22, 2021, 06:17:11 pm »

Mine Colonies seems to be the most recent Village mod, if y'all are interested--it's a colony builder though. A little diff than Millenaire (source: me, a guy who desperately wants NPCs)
I've been running MCEternal and they use Medieval Warfare NPC's and I think mine colonies is also included. Kinda stuck on FF14 now, oops.

mocman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20691 on: October 12, 2021, 05:18:48 pm »

Cloud Cosmos
IP: cloudcosmos.us
MAP: http://map.cloudcosmos.us/

Its a Towny Server so when players make a claim (Protected Land) they have to sell resources to other players for currency or get gold and use it to pay for that claim.

Its new and i'm currently building in Rio De Janerio.
I brought it to all your attentions cause the Andies and Chile are currently unclaimed and wondered if yall wanted to build a massive dwarven empire there!
Have a wonderful day

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #20692 on: November 12, 2021, 04:09:19 pm »

1.18 is entering pre-release state.
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #20693 on: December 01, 2021, 01:16:54 pm »

1.18 is out. The Warden got pushed back to 1.19.
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

Dorsidwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERSTELLAR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #20694 on: December 02, 2021, 03:05:51 pm »

Anyone here play with the Create or Create: above and beyond mods?
Quote from: Rodney Ootkins
Everything is going to be alright

gomez

• Bay Watcher
  • [Hysterical and Useless]
    • View Profile
« Reply #20695 on: December 03, 2021, 04:20:49 am »

I’ve  tried create above and beyond but didn’t like the way it changed all the recipes. Am currently playing a mod pack on curseforge called Sweet!* Which Hasn’t been updated for a long time and I have added some mods to.

Currently thinking of making my own modpack based on create, as I can’t find anything that has what I want.

* For some reason the Sweet! modpack doesn’t show up on curseforge’s modpack search bar, what you have to do to find it is search for the create mod and look at its relations page that shows which modpack use it

"They accused us of suppressing freedom of expression. This was a lie and we could not let them publish it."
- Nelba Blandon (as Director of Censorship, Nicaragua)

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20696 on: December 03, 2021, 04:51:21 pm »

Modded always comes back to bees for some reason. The Enigmatica 6 server I'm on has reached post-scarcity thanks to people going all in on bees but they seem more unpleasant to deal with than the old Forestry bees were.

Blue_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20697 on: December 04, 2021, 10:08:26 am »

Modded always comes back to bees for some reason.
It's probably less laggy or cpu-intensive.
Crafting Statistics 42.06Farming Statistics

Blue Dwarf has been happy lately. He did some !!science!! recently. He admired a fine forum post lately. He was enraged by a forum troll recently. He was upset by the delayed release of the new version of Dwarf Fortress lately. He took joy in planning a noble's death recently.

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20698 on: December 10, 2021, 06:48:50 pm »

If anyone plays Minecraft pre 1.18.1 online, you should consider doing the needful and implementing one of the fixes or switching to a launcher that's done it for you.

https://arstechnica.com/information-technology/2021/12/minecraft-and-other-apps-face-serious-threat-from-new-code-execution-bug/
Pages: 1 ... 1378 1379 [1380]