Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 741 742 [743] 744 745 ... 1380

Author Topic: Minecraft - It has blocks.  (Read 2335256 times)

Johnfalcon99977

• Bay Watcher
  • The Herp Derp Assassin
    • View Profile
Re: Minecraft - It has blocks.
« Reply #11130 on: August 18, 2011, 01:46:44 pm »

Lets just forget everything about minecraft, its not our fucking lives, and we got no reason to rage over some XBOX fanboy mag's impression of minecraft, its bad journalism and all.
Notch got married and who knows if they are going to have a child? I mean, if they do, it would be the death of minecraft.

In the end, minecraft will be long forgotten, or dead, and that's gonna be within 5 years if you ask me, either EA buys it and rapes it, or else notch mysteriously disappears.

I highly dissagree with this, accually. Minecraft is one of the only games of its kind, one of the only games that allows to be build whatever you want. It gives you complete freedom. Therefore, its the only thing people will buy to get that kind of Freedom. Minecraft can live for a very very long time if Notch Plays his cards right, maybe it'll live even after his very death.

Also, to all who are complaining about the Infinite Water. Click the Link.
Also known as the Knowlagable, the Forgetful, and/or the Ignored

Please excuse my horrible awful linguistic skills.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #11131 on: August 18, 2011, 01:57:03 pm »

I highly dissagree with this, accually. Minecraft is one of the only games of its kind, one of the only games that allows to be build whatever you want. It gives you complete freedom. Therefore, its the only thing people will buy to get that kind of Freedom. Minecraft can live for a very very long time if Notch Plays his cards right, maybe it'll live even after his very death.

Yes, I mentioned that mod. We want that to be implemented into the game officially. Like pistons were. :)

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #11132 on: August 18, 2011, 02:02:51 pm »

Maybe with the addition of the Creative Mode and Adventure Mode in the next release he could have some sort of framework to make it work, creative mode giving you the ability to place sourceblocks which act as water does now, with wordgen placing finite blocks which behave as finite water does.
See, here is something reasonable. With the new adventure update the focus of survival mode is being shifted from Creative Mode 2.0 to something more player-oriented. It's less about the blocks and a bit more about how the player interacts with the world. In such a situation the creative ability of players is not as important, so a different water system where manipulation of it is more difficult could happen.

And hell yeah Creative Mode back sweet. It also means the two different mindsets towards the nature of minecraft don't have to clash.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11133 on: August 18, 2011, 02:07:51 pm »

Yes, I mentioned that mod. We want that to be implemented into the game officially. Like pistons were. :)
It'd probably cause an uproar from people who support the mod. It happened with the pistons.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2011, 02:23:28 pm by Jacob/Lee »

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #11134 on: August 18, 2011, 02:11:43 pm »

Maybe with the addition of the Creative Mode and Adventure Mode in the next release he could have some sort of framework to make it work, creative mode giving you the ability to place sourceblocks which act as water does now, with wordgen placing finite blocks which behave as finite water does.
Then you have to worry about a sourceblock running into a finite block, how does that interact?

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11135 on: August 18, 2011, 02:13:35 pm »

Don't make me think through my ideas D:

But my guess would be the water flagged as being from a sourceblock would treat finite water as normal ground and vice versa?
I dunno, not really the best implementation but all I can think of right now :/
*Hugs*

Niveras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11136 on: August 18, 2011, 02:44:14 pm »

Then you have to worry about a sourceblock running into a finite block, how does that interact?

Finite water would simply absorb the incoming infinite water (it would not change the properties of any finite water in the "interacting" block, nor at any point downstream from the finite water). An infinite source block would absorb any incoming finite water, but would not affect the "amount" of that finite water (that is, the finite water would treat an infinite source block pretty much as a regular block).

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #11137 on: August 18, 2011, 03:11:19 pm »

Don't make me think through my ideas D:
AGAIN with the siggable quotes what is it EVEN with you and SIGS man
At this rate I'll have a little MoM shrine, like ein's to Acanthus. I can't decide if that's a good or bad thing. :P

OT: If Mojang decides to make the finite water mod thing official, I hope they don't remove features like they did with the pistons mod. At least, that's what I've heard about pistons, as I never used the mod.
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #11138 on: August 18, 2011, 03:30:16 pm »

They had decent reasoning for what features they removed. They had a theme they wanted to preserve and they didn't feel that the way pistons worked would support throwing things around everywhere. So they removed the spring effect on entities.

I get the feeling if they add everything from the finite water mod perfectly except oil because they don't want oil they will get a ton of shit for ruining the mod.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11139 on: August 18, 2011, 03:31:16 pm »

Notch plans to add lanterns at whatever point.
So I imagine oil would be a good thing for them to include.
*Hugs*

Vattic

• Bay Watcher
  • bibo ergo sum
    • View Profile
« Reply #11140 on: August 18, 2011, 03:32:16 pm »

I've said it before but I too want some kind of finite water back in the game. I loved to hate hitting pockets of water back in the days of finite. Magma and water were both much more dangerous and it made the mining more interesting.
6 out of 7 dwarves aren't Happy.
How To Generate Small Islands

Jay

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼Not Dead Yet☼
    • View Profile
« Reply #11141 on: August 18, 2011, 03:44:01 pm »

They had decent reasoning for what features they removed. They had a theme they wanted to preserve and they didn't feel that the way pistons worked would support throwing things around everywhere. So they removed the spring effect on entities.
What was Jeb's reasoning for removing the ability to push chests, then?

Those mechanical chest rotators were goddamn awesome.
Horribly inefficient spacewise, but awesome.

E: Worth mentioning that the old water was even more infinite than the current water.
We have yet to have actual finite water, apart from the mod, obviously.
Mishimanriz: Histories of Pegasi and Dictionaries

Vattic

• Bay Watcher
  • bibo ergo sum
    • View Profile
« Reply #11142 on: August 18, 2011, 03:58:34 pm »

E: Worth mentioning that the old water was even more infinite than the current water.
We have yet to have actual finite water, apart from the mod, obviously.
I meant the indev water not the creative water.
6 out of 7 dwarves aren't Happy.
How To Generate Small Islands

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11143 on: August 18, 2011, 04:12:10 pm »

What was the indev water like?

Roboboy33

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENJOYING_CATS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #11144 on: August 18, 2011, 04:12:14 pm »

The yogbox has a mod that adds.... ADAMANTINE!!!!
Video by the yogscast says that it has adamantine:
http://www.youtube.com/BlueXephos#p/u/0/J7mnHZd7A5o
Get the yogbox.
http://yogiverse.com/showthread.php?11841-YogBox-A-carefully-chosen-compilation-of-good-mods

Its better then diamond armor. and really rare
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

SHUT UP AND ENJOY THE CATS

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Pages: 1 ... 741 742 [743] 744 745 ... 1380