Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 838 839 [840] 841 842 ... 1380

Author Topic: Minecraft - It has blocks.  (Read 2323940 times)

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
Re: Minecraft - It has blocks.
« Reply #12585 on: October 05, 2011, 08:37:12 am »

More seriously, I do like the other mods you included though that seed you provided dropped me into a forest nowhere near an oil-filled desert. I saw the forest mod in action as pine trees were dying and dropping saplings around my house. Takes some work to keep them back now. I got rid of the texture pack, not really my style. The minimap is fun and the double doors are very useful. Does Somnia interact with buildcraft/industrialcraft? Will I go to sleep and wake up to find my machines completed their work?

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12586 on: October 05, 2011, 08:43:10 am »

More seriously, I do like the other mods you included though that seed you provided dropped me into a forest nowhere near an oil-filled desert. I saw the forest mod in action as pine trees were dying and dropping saplings around my house. Takes some work to keep them back now. I got rid of the texture pack, not really my style. The minimap is fun and the double doors are very useful. Does Somnia interact with buildcraft/industrialcraft? Will I go to sleep and wake up to find my machines completed their work?
The deserts to the LEFT of the minimap screen.
The Texturepack was personal fave at the moment, matters little matters not.
Somnia keeps the WORLD GOING while you sleep, hence why it comes up with Simulating World. Anything that is under an action, such as a Quarry or Furnance will Continue no matter what.

Like I also said, you don't need to worry 100% about creeps appearing from no where and interrupting your sleep. For example you left an opening somewhere in your building that could fit a mob, there is a Percent Chance of one appearing next to your bed hitting you. They now have to actually path to you. So for example you go to bed during the night when your surrounded by Mobs, if there is a direct path to you and they can reach you, they will attack...
Actually the best example is.
Without Somnia, build your bed then surround it with Fenceposts. Sleep, there will be a chance that a mob will attack you...
WITH Somnia, you do the same, but when you sleep, unless they could spawn inside your fence, they will be standing outside it trying to get at you...

Check my Livestream for where the Oil Field is...

http://www.livestream.com/neyvnslivestream
« Last Edit: October 05, 2011, 08:48:10 am by Neyvn »
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #12587 on: October 05, 2011, 08:47:17 am »

Ahh good to know. I didn't get a lot of time with it this morning. I've been digging my base into a ravine in the forest where lava and water are naturally flowing in. I'll look for the desert and make a long-distance pipeline to pull the oil in. I found a small oil spring, just a few buckets, and used that to start up my first quarry. I found quite a few diamonds down in the caves and ravine.

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12588 on: October 05, 2011, 08:59:17 am »

Did you know that Oil is also able to Obsidianize Lava?
Just created the map in creative and went down one of the springs, kinda funny finding where Ravines and Caves cut through the Bubble at the bottom...
Fake EDIT:: Did you know that Squids also spawn in Oil???

Double Fake Edit::

The Oil Field
« Last Edit: October 05, 2011, 09:09:29 am by Neyvn »
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?

Bremen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12589 on: October 05, 2011, 10:31:57 am »

If you're using technic you can craft a recipe book with either book+crafting table or book+squid ink.
Nope, but that would include any craftable item even with mods?

It seems to. I'm not sure if the recipe book reads recipes on the fly or has just been modified for the technic pack, but I suspect the former. (Showing all recipes is like 500 pages)

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12590 on: October 05, 2011, 10:34:38 am »

I manually installed mods similiar to the technic pack and I can verify that the recipe book does indeed read all recipies, unless they are specifically hidden from the mod.

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12591 on: October 05, 2011, 10:37:27 am »

I am currently having problems with the Recipe book. I posted the Crash Report a few pages back, can someone have a look and explain whats wrong to me...

ALSO if you have quoted that Link of the Shared modpack I posted, please edit it out... Cheers...

Peewee

• Bay Watcher
  • Watcher Of Bays
    • View Profile
« Reply #12592 on: October 05, 2011, 12:39:47 pm »

Also. A very nice map. It has a Desert which is filled with Oil Springs, a Ravine which is open to the bottom of a nearby River that leads to nearly the bedrock via attached caves and a swamp nearby with plenty of Rubbertree plants...

Confirming incredible quantity of oil. It's like the seed breaks the map generator or something and spawns an oil spring in almost every chunk of the desert.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #12593 on: October 05, 2011, 12:50:00 pm »

Also. A very nice map. It has a Desert which is filled with Oil Springs, a Ravine which is open to the bottom of a nearby River that leads to nearly the bedrock via attached caves and a swamp nearby with plenty of Rubbertree plants...

Confirming incredible quantity of oil. It's like the seed breaks the map generator or something and spawns an oil spring in almost every chunk of the desert.
I have got to get out there and see this. Work is killing me because I'm thinking of all this oil. Agh...

Briggsy16

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12594 on: October 05, 2011, 01:14:42 pm »

Not a fan of the new technic pack version, the biometerrain mod with the trees is awful.

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #12595 on: October 05, 2011, 01:48:53 pm »

Also...
SPAZIM!!!

Now how do I go about making it so I can play N@W and ALSO my 1.8.1 Modgroup...
I have differently named files in my roaming data, so I change "nations at war" to .minecraft
Also I may start playing again with the migrant wave.
YES.
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

Briggsy16

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12596 on: October 05, 2011, 01:58:41 pm »

Does anyone know of a texture pack that supports the Technic Pack stuff? I wanted the one Yogscast used (SMP Pack) but the ones I find don't seem to support IC and BC.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #12597 on: October 05, 2011, 02:01:13 pm »

Does anyone know of a texture pack that supports the Technic Pack stuff? I wanted the one Yogscast used (SMP Pack) but the ones I find don't seem to support IC and BC.
If you find a better texture pack for IC2 or BC let me know as well. I can't seem to find one.

Tilla

• Bay Watcher
  • Slam with the best or jam with the rest
    • View Profile
« Reply #12598 on: October 05, 2011, 02:04:19 pm »

I think the 3.1 Technic installer has one included. SMP was working on a version of his modpack for it too.

Peewee

• Bay Watcher
  • Watcher Of Bays
    • View Profile
« Reply #12599 on: October 05, 2011, 02:28:04 pm »

Fun fact: Redstone engines (wood) can power a quarry, if you chain them together with conductive pipes. If you get 80 of them chained together, you can run a quarry at max speed (once they get warmed up to yellow).
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I should note that I tested multiples of 10 engines at a time. 70 gives the quarry a short pause before moving to the next block, and 80 makes it move continuously.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2011, 02:44:36 pm by Peewee »
Pages: 1 ... 838 839 [840] 841 842 ... 1380