Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 841 842 [843] 844 845 ... 1380

Author Topic: Minecraft - It has blocks.  (Read 2323910 times)

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Minecraft - It has blocks.
« Reply #12630 on: October 05, 2011, 10:18:19 pm »

Ah I have worked it out, forgot to make a token and link it. Now I can change it...
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12631 on: October 05, 2011, 10:39:34 pm »

Ok so where am I heading too get with the other dwarves

I have arrived at PortForward...
« Last Edit: October 05, 2011, 11:31:23 pm by Neyvn »
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12632 on: October 06, 2011, 09:35:43 am »

New prerelease is up.
*Hugs*

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #12633 on: October 06, 2011, 09:43:44 am »

I'm working on designing a refinery for buildcraft, does anyone have any tips? Is 3 combustion engines per refinery enough, for example? Will three refineries produce enough fuel to run 15 combustion engines AND have extra to fill a tank?

jaxy15

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept Modder
    • View Profile
« Reply #12634 on: October 06, 2011, 09:55:35 am »

I am going to beat the shit outta mobs now!
MOBS, FEAR MY PINK IRON SWORD AND PINK LEATHER CAP! I POWERED THEM USING MY OWN LEVELS FROM JUMPING AND INVEDIT TO BUILD THE TABLE!!!
Dwarf Fortress: Threats of metabolism.

Tres_Huevos

• Bay Watcher
  • All I want for Christmas are your two front teeth.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12635 on: October 06, 2011, 10:00:04 am »

From my experience with Buildcraft last night, one combustion engine (if that's the oil burning one) will power anything at, if not full speed, pretty darn close to it. Also, if you have one attached to a pump for oil, it will fill the engine up itself. That was my first experience with buildcraft, so I may be wrong, but it worked for quarries and pumps just fine.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #12636 on: October 06, 2011, 10:03:20 am »

From my experience with Buildcraft last night, one combustion engine (if that's the oil burning one) will power anything at, if not full speed, pretty darn close to it. Also, if you have one attached to a pump for oil, it will fill the engine up itself. That was my first experience with buildcraft, so I may be wrong, but it worked for quarries and pumps just fine.
No, refineries take a LOT of power. I have 3 combustion engines running my test build right now and its power indicator still flickers from full speed to under-powered sometimes but it does seem to run alright. I'm thinking its just because the power flow is uneven with 3 of them, and with an array of 15 running 5 refineries it should even out. I really wish buildcraft had a buffer block which could store and release power.

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #12637 on: October 06, 2011, 10:11:37 am »

hmm... the N@W server seems kinda empty.. :(
Yea, well Yea, I keep checking in and noone from hammersong is on.
I try to be on, I'm working on the sphere thing with lava.
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

PsyberianHusky

• Bay Watcher
  • The best at being the worst at video games.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12638 on: October 06, 2011, 10:35:47 am »

No, refineries take a LOT of power. I have 3 combustion engines running my test build right now and its power indicator still flickers from full speed to under-powered sometimes but it does seem to run alright. I'm thinking its just because the power flow is uneven with 3 of them, and with an array of 15 running 5 refineries it should even out. I really wish buildcraft had a buffer block which could store and release power.
It is kinda like mining has been replaced with cutting down trees, and making charcoal in my electro-furnace for me.
Thank you based dwarf.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12639 on: October 06, 2011, 10:42:09 am »

I highly recommend installing equivalent exchange along with buildcraft and indusrtial craft. There will be some conflicts but I think someone already figured out the conflicting IDs and how to fix them for 1.8

PsyberianHusky

• Bay Watcher
  • The best at being the worst at video games.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12640 on: October 06, 2011, 10:48:30 am »

I highly recommend installing equivalent exchange along with buildcraft and indusrtial craft. There will be some conflicts but I think someone already figured out the conflicting IDs and how to fix them for 1.8
I think I have EE installed, I am running technic.
Thank you based dwarf.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12641 on: October 06, 2011, 11:04:07 am »

I think I have EE installed, I am running technic.

Then go get that darkmatter furnace and darkmatter axe  :D

Mass production of charcoal there.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #12642 on: October 06, 2011, 11:22:37 am »

I'll try it when I get home and see if I get any conflicts. If you know of a version which has them working together in harmony let me know.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12643 on: October 06, 2011, 12:11:03 pm »

I'll try it when I get home and see if I get any conflicts. If you know of a version which has them working together in harmony let me know.

All I know is of a guide which can allow you to run them together in 1.7. One may have been made for 1.8.

Peewee

• Bay Watcher
  • Watcher Of Bays
    • View Profile
« Reply #12644 on: October 06, 2011, 01:29:42 pm »

Fun fact: Redstone engines (wood) can power a quarry, if you chain them together with conductive pipes. If you get 80 of them chained together, you can run a quarry at max speed (once they get warmed up to yellow).

Turns out that's just the minimum constantly running speed... I threw in 30 combustion engines and the quarry started going twice as fast. No idea what the maximum speed is, since I don't care enough to build a power plant large enough to completely fill 4 golden conductive pipes.

Also, Buildcraft + IC2 + EE works fine in 1.8.1, as that's what I have at the moment.
Pages: 1 ... 841 842 [843] 844 845 ... 1380