Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1068 1069 [1070] 1071 1072 ... 1380

Author Topic: Minecraft - It has blocks.  (Read 2338104 times)

Briggsy16

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Minecraft - It has blocks.
« Reply #16035 on: March 06, 2012, 06:52:02 pm »

Don't apologise mate! Take it as a good sign, your pack is clearly very popular

Chaos Armor

• Bay Watcher
  • Grand Master Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #16036 on: March 06, 2012, 09:05:42 pm »

I've solved my problem. But I now have a question. How do you install a mod? I've tried Magic Launcher but it doesn't recognize it as a mod.
Any solutions?
Lurking since 2009

Leerooooooooy walk forward twice

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #16037 on: March 06, 2012, 10:36:06 pm »

1. Make sure the mod is updated.
2. Obtain Modloader, ModloaderMP, and Forge (in that order, if your mod needs them. You always need Modloader, except for Bukkit server mods.) Put them into the minecraft.jar.
3. Follow other instructions in mod's thread/site to install it. Usually involves either adding more files to minecraft.jar or adding stuff to the /mods/ folder. Or both.

0. Alternately, if it includes what you want skip that, download technic pack.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Chaos Armor

• Bay Watcher
  • Grand Master Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #16038 on: March 06, 2012, 10:52:33 pm »

Okay, I'll try that. Thanks.
Lurking since 2009

Leerooooooooy walk forward twice

Vattic

• Bay Watcher
  • bibo ergo sum
    • View Profile
« Reply #16039 on: March 07, 2012, 03:22:17 am »

If you already own a domain name I can help you out. If you don't but you're willing to acquire one, that's fine too. Send me a PM if you're interested and we'll chat.
A kind offer! Many thanks. A PM has been sent.

Don't apologise mate! Take it as a good sign, your pack is clearly very popular
Oh I'm not completely displeased that I've hit the download limit again but I still feel responsible and irritated that I'm too busy until after the problem solves itself. Hopefully I can find a more stable home for the pack courtesy of forsaken1111 or, if not, elsewhere.

I had taken a break from mod support having got a bit burnt out. Now that I'm playing MC again and soon with mods I feel the urge to work on mod support again, I have far too many messages to answer first, though.
6 out of 7 dwarves aren't Happy.
How To Generate Small Islands

Briggsy16

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16040 on: March 07, 2012, 04:23:28 am »

I like the amount of mod support available, BC, IC2 and EE is enough for me.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #16041 on: March 07, 2012, 09:49:33 am »

Hrm, Modloader is continuing to be a problem.

Tried backing up unrelated files and just wiping my .minecraft directory to make sure it's not a problem. Backdated the freshly downloaded .jar file to 1.1. Still a black screen. This is really quite confounding. Wouldn't be a problem if every mod that ever existed ever didn't rely on this.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #16042 on: March 07, 2012, 10:12:52 am »

Wouldn't be a problem if every mod that ever existed ever didn't rely on this.
If they didn't use a system like modloader you'd have much worse problems trying to get them all working at the same time, and an incredibly cluttered .jar file which would be a nightmare to update to new mod versions.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16043 on: March 07, 2012, 10:19:18 am »

This isn't a complaint about modloader so much as wishful thinking of my rather bitter situation, having problems with the one thing required for everything else.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #16044 on: March 07, 2012, 10:20:24 am »

So you have loaded just modloader into a 1.1 minecraft .jar and its not working? (after deleting meta-inf of course)

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16045 on: March 07, 2012, 10:22:00 am »

I ended up doing quite a bit more than that, but yeah. I've done all this before and the source of confusion is that method suddenly not working.

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #16046 on: March 07, 2012, 12:45:52 pm »

For me, Forge always seem to mess things up.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16047 on: March 07, 2012, 02:34:04 pm »

Hrm. Using more tools I've found that the modloader MoM got me works with 1.2.3, but not 1.1. Or my 1.1 .jar is messed up for some bizarre reason. This will require further research with this tool.

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16048 on: March 07, 2012, 02:35:30 pm »

o.o
I'm relatively certain that I don't even have modloader for 1.2.3, I got it from my old MC folder.
*Hugs*

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
« Reply #16049 on: March 08, 2012, 02:20:12 am »

So, I figured out what caused my technic map to get 1 fps on a really good pc w/ 2 GB allocated RAM. Turns out the chunk loaders I had positioned near my solar panel plant were loading some chunks of it, but not others. This lead to a massive buildup of items in unloaded areas; about 1000 in total. However, this was only the more minor of 2 issues it caused. Apparently, it also caused some sort of bug with the Industrialcraft wires, as even after I removed all the items, most of the effects continued. As soon as I severed the wire feeding power to the plant, all FPS and such went back to normal levels.

So a warning to all: chunk loader blocks covering only part of a factory or power network may be a very bad idea; though not unrecoverable if you spend 15 minutes fighting the horrible 1 FPS to run over and shut everything down.

Edit: another possible cause is the chunk loader bugging the EC meter; upon using it, it appears to have been measuring something for 194000 ticks, with an average power of -17.

In any case, here's my current setup on that map. Solar collectors generate 1022 that gets fed into a single MFSU in the center, then down the glass fiber cable (512/t, for full power all day long with about 1 million to spare per day due to day being longer than night) into a mass generator and MFE. There's a bunch of energy flowers for charging klein stars and under the iron block floor is the remains of the solar factory I wrecked attempting to kill the lag.
Spoiler: img (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 08, 2012, 02:33:41 am by alway »
Pages: 1 ... 1068 1069 [1070] 1071 1072 ... 1380