Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1069 1070 [1071] 1072 1073 ... 1380

Author Topic: Minecraft - It has blocks.  (Read 2324202 times)

Briggsy16

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Minecraft - It has blocks.
« Reply #16050 on: March 08, 2012, 10:07:55 am »

Might restart my Technic Pack gamesave and disabled EE. I feel it ruins the game somewhat because of the way you can just create materials and mine out large quantities of earth in seconds. I enjoy using it but can't stop myself from making the destruction catalyst and dark matter pick to easily mine.

One problem though, I love alchemical chests. Is there another mod I could add that has big chests? (snigger)

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #16051 on: March 08, 2012, 10:30:18 am »

Might restart my Technic Pack gamesave and disabled EE. I feel it ruins the game somewhat because of the way you can just create materials and mine out large quantities of earth in seconds. I enjoy using it but can't stop myself from making the destruction catalyst and dark matter pick to easily mine.

One problem though, I love alchemical chests. Is there another mod I could add that has big chests? (snigger)
Iron chests mod has chests made from different materials with different capacities.

Briggsy16

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16052 on: March 08, 2012, 10:38:37 am »

Wicked, will look into that. Thanks.

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16053 on: March 08, 2012, 11:30:40 am »

I've gotten to the stage where I mostly ignore EE as well, I just keep it for a few of the handy features, like the Mercurial Eye.
*Hugs*

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #16054 on: March 08, 2012, 11:45:51 am »

Right now I only use EE for the condensers/collectors. They feed targeted raw materials into my storage and crafting machine such as wood. I really don't want to go out chopping down dozens of trees and setting up a tree farm with forestry is the same thing as just setting a condenser to produce wood. Forestry tree farms have minimal maintenance anyway and can be entirely automated with logistics pipes or some clever setups, and condensers/collectors are far more convenient, take up less space, and cost more resources to build so I feel it's moderately balanced vs the other mods.

Also the fact that I can use a condenser to produce resin is a godsend, I hated rubber farming.

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16055 on: March 08, 2012, 11:58:10 am »

I clone up all my rubber in a Thaum Duplicator, although using EE condensers to get the really common but mildly annoying to get, stuff is genius.
*Hugs*

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #16056 on: March 08, 2012, 11:59:39 am »

I clone up all my rubber in a Thaum Duplicator, although using EE condensers to get the really common but mildly annoying to get, stuff is genius.
also a good option. I mostly use my duplicator for the various Vis crystal flavors. I have electric and verdant now so I can dupe them by tossing in a bunch of vis cubes I have stored in my warehouse.

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16057 on: March 08, 2012, 12:00:35 pm »

Are the mods in your pack updated to their latest, (1.1) versions?
*Hugs*

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #16058 on: March 08, 2012, 12:16:15 pm »

Got This launcher to check out incompatibilities in mods before mucking with replacing the .jar files and reordering which ones are loaded, so I finally got around whatever issues were plaguing me. Now rocking Thaumcraft and Dustmod. Magic man gogogogogo

No Buildcraft because I'm gonna have my industrial world have that and Industrialcraft.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #16059 on: March 08, 2012, 12:18:48 pm »

Are the mods in your pack updated to their latest, (1.1) versions?
The mods in my last pack are updated to the latest versions as of that release, if that's what you mean. I'm holding off on a new pack until I can get together 1.2+ compliant mod versions of most of them.

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16060 on: March 08, 2012, 12:29:53 pm »

Mind linking it? The mods in Technic are all pretty far behind, and I couldn't be arsed manually updating everything.
*Hugs*

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #16061 on: March 08, 2012, 12:50:29 pm »

Mind linking it? The mods in Technic are all pretty far behind, and I couldn't be arsed manually updating everything.
It's linked back on this post. It is from Feb 11th but everything in it was the latest version as of that day. Once I get enough core mods updated to 1.2 I'll put out a new pack.

The only issue I've noticed is a bit of instability with the buildcraft 3 mod, which admittedly is in alpha state so thats to be expected. It worked for me well enough though.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2012, 01:22:22 pm by forsaken1111 »

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16062 on: March 08, 2012, 01:09:44 pm »

Thankies.
* The Merchant Of Menace gives Forsaken an internet.
*Hugs*

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #16063 on: March 08, 2012, 01:23:57 pm »

Woo!

* Noms Internet

Johnfalcon99977

• Bay Watcher
  • The Herp Derp Assassin
    • View Profile
« Reply #16064 on: March 08, 2012, 09:22:40 pm »

Likely off topic, but does it annoy anyone else here that the generator seems to purposely place Taigas next to Deserts? I just saw it for the 50th time now and I'm wondering what the logic behind this is.
Also known as the Knowlagable, the Forgetful, and/or the Ignored

Please excuse my horrible awful linguistic skills.
Pages: 1 ... 1069 1070 [1071] 1072 1073 ... 1380