Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1283 1284 [1285] 1286 1287 ... 1380

Author Topic: Minecraft - It has blocks.  (Read 2338321 times)

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
Re: Minecraft - It has blocks.
« Reply #19260 on: May 04, 2015, 05:54:02 pm »

Former-modders-turned-developer are the sexiest kind of human, dontcha know.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19261 on: May 09, 2015, 05:33:29 pm »

So I got back on FTB and have noticed a bunch of new packs and 3rd party packs. Which of these have the most/newest content?

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19262 on: May 10, 2015, 05:41:18 pm »

If you're not tied to FTB, there's a pretty big pack on the Technic launcher. The number I read was that there are 200+ mods. That includes stuff like Flan's mod (weapons, mecha, vehicles), which I'm not really fond of, however.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2015, 05:50:44 pm by Mephisto »

LordBucket

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19263 on: May 11, 2015, 10:09:17 am »

So....

I was building a LARGE pixelart Celestia on the server I've been playing on the past few months. Over the ocean, parallel to the surface and big enough to be identifiable at minimum zoom on dynmap. 190x160 blocks.
Server was shut down.

I was only about 70% finished and didn't get screenshots.

*sigh*

timferius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19264 on: May 11, 2015, 10:44:59 am »

So....

I was building a LARGE pixelart Celestia on the server I've been playing on the past few months. Over the ocean, parallel to the surface and big enough to be identifiable at minimum zoom on dynmap. 190x160 blocks.
Server was shut down.

I was only about 70% finished and didn't get screenshots.

*sigh*

If you know who was running the server, you can always contact them and ask for the files.

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #19265 on: May 11, 2015, 12:51:15 pm »

Anyone here use the new tekkit launcher? I just picked it up for fun and I... Can't seem to find the "play this modpack" button.

LordBucket

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19266 on: May 11, 2015, 02:14:19 pm »

If you know who was running the server, you can always contact them and ask for the files.

Yes, they've put the world up for download, but it's not the same.

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #19267 on: May 11, 2015, 02:42:48 pm »

Holy nostalgia. I can't believe I still have not only the screenshots to the old version back when we were screwing around with creative mode, but I also still have the maps with all the crazy stuff we made, including my old building plans for the Bloodfist. Wow. Timestamps say they're as old as late 2009.

So many memories, so many sculptures. I forgot that I built a 1:1 scale Lavos.

Jay

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼Not Dead Yet☼
    • View Profile
« Reply #19268 on: May 11, 2015, 03:13:44 pm »

June 2009. 0.0.14a_08
Hell, there's still one of my cringe-worthy posts from six years ago over on page 1..
Mishimanriz: Histories of Pegasi and Dictionaries

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #19269 on: May 11, 2015, 03:21:41 pm »

i don't see what's cringeworthy there except complimenting Minecraft on its good performance

which, to be fair, you couldn't have known at the time...

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #19270 on: May 11, 2015, 03:39:12 pm »

Sometimes I get 30 FPS if I turn all the graphics settings to minimum and stare at the ground.

E: That cobble tower was on the high end of Minecraft architecture at the time. Not cringeworthy at all.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Jay

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼Not Dead Yet☼
    • View Profile
« Reply #19271 on: May 11, 2015, 04:35:07 pm »

Pff, you mean page 3!
Damn, I forget I have my posts-per-page upped.  You mean to tell me we're on like page 1200 for you now?

E:
i don't see what's cringeworthy there except complimenting Minecraft on its good performance

which, to be fair, you couldn't have known at the time...
I guess I just remember how I acted back then and apply my feelings towards 2009-me to everything 2009-me did.
I've matured a lot in that time.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2015, 04:49:00 pm by Jay »
Mishimanriz: Histories of Pegasi and Dictionaries

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19272 on: May 11, 2015, 05:28:34 pm »

Anyone here use the new tekkit launcher? I just picked it up for fun and I... Can't seem to find the "play this modpack" button.

Images. I accidentally created this as an album rather than just uploading them. I'm cooking dinner at the moment so I can't fix it. They can be clicked to enlarge if needed, though.

The modpack you want isn't listed in the "MODPACKS" tab? Copy a url to a modpack like is in the first image (click "INSTALL THIS MODPACK" and it will copy it for you). Paste it into the box in the upper left of the second image. Click "install" in the lower right.

The mod you want is listed? There should be an "install" button as in the lower right of the second image.

After installing, the install button should have been replaced with "play."
« Last Edit: May 11, 2015, 10:59:04 pm by Mephisto »

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #19273 on: May 11, 2015, 10:27:24 pm »

Oh thanks. Pff, there's my problem. It got stuck trying to download a mod forever so the "cancel" button never changed.

XXXXYYYY

• Bay Watcher
  • Been a long time.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19274 on: May 24, 2015, 07:38:26 am »

Tried out a world after hitting randomize on all the tabs in the 'customised' world type. The world I got was pretty cool, consisting of floating islands hovering above a ridiculously deep sea (sea level at y=123). It's also ludicrously abundant in iron, with each individual vein often having far more than a stack of ore. Which is all locked under the ocean, so it's a pain to get to, but it's there. Water was actually pretty hard to find in the beginning, because I was sitting at max height with no way down.
Nether seems normalish, though my portal was too high, so the new one I got appeared in a dungeon, of all places. This has been a cool world.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2015, 08:05:00 am by XXXXYYYY »
Oooooooo. I know. ClF3. That should be a fun surprise.
Pages: 1 ... 1283 1284 [1285] 1286 1287 ... 1380