Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1322 1323 [1324] 1325 1326 ... 1380

Author Topic: Minecraft - It has blocks.  (Read 2354802 times)

timferius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Minecraft - It has blocks.
« Reply #19845 on: October 26, 2015, 06:30:01 am »

I think it's moving too fast from deep water to 1 block deep water, the collision box on the boat must nick the bottom block, and high speed collisions make boats explode.

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19846 on: October 26, 2015, 09:18:08 am »

I think it's moving too fast from deep water to 1 block deep water, the collision box on the boat must nick the bottom block, and high speed collisions make boats explode.

Actually 1 block deep water does nothing to boats, what you experienced is your boat actually crashing into the shore without your screen actually showing it.

And it's not just the problem with crashes. If you exit the ship, in singleplayer (in servers I think the boat rubberbands to its real place) then you can't enter it, you can keep clicking right button and nothing happens. You have to save and exit the game, then reload, and you'll notice the boat wasn't anywhere near where you thought but like 20 blocks away. Only then it allows you to board it again.

Re: mods. I tested the BugFix one, and it definitely makes the boat feel sluggish and "laggy" but I think that's because it's working, and waiting for the internal server to send the changes in coordinates and facing.

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19847 on: October 26, 2015, 02:11:33 pm »

If you've got ATLauncher, there's a modpack called TechNodefirmacraft. Yeah, crappy name, but it's a (you guessed it) tech pack based on TFC. It also has HQM integration.

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19848 on: October 26, 2015, 03:31:53 pm »

I considered those packs but they defeated the purpose for me :)

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19849 on: October 27, 2015, 09:23:26 am »

Anyone know of a modpack with quests that AREN'T "cover every single mod arbitrarily" quests? I see plenty of packs with a cool plot, but then it devolves into "do everything you would normally do plus the boring stuff and it all takes longer".

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19850 on: October 27, 2015, 10:00:08 am »

The one we talked about some weeks back where you are cleansing the world of taint.

There are three kinds of quests. Go there. Get the thing. Kill the thing. There's not too much room for variety.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19851 on: October 27, 2015, 10:30:33 am »

Anyone know of a modpack with quests that AREN'T "cover every single mod arbitrarily" quests? I see plenty of packs with a cool plot, but then it devolves into "do everything you would normally do plus the boring stuff and it all takes longer".

MOAR BLOCKS THAT LOOK DIFFERENT

That's most of what I've seen in mods. They usually just add extra layers of "make this thing but now you have to do 6 steps instead of 2".

Taint is kinda expanding on what you can do but Tinkers Construct in there is mostly just adding unnecessary steps.

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19852 on: October 27, 2015, 12:10:54 pm »

There's a game called Minecraft that's built around mining and crafting (and killing things with things you've crafted to get more resources with which to craft) in a voxel world. What kind of mods do people want in that kind of game?

Forestry? MOAR BLOCKS THAT LOOK DIFFERENT

Better Than Wolves? MOAR BLOCKS THAT LOOK DIFFERENT

TFC? MOAR BLOCKS THAT LOOK DIFFERENT

You're looking at mods for a game where units are measured in blocks. Of course said mods add more blocks that look different.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19853 on: October 27, 2015, 12:22:54 pm »

Millenaire had a good start by helping communities push back, rise up, and trade with each other. It was more than just standing in one place, digging, and moving around to dig some more. The communities were indeed made of blocks, but didn't require half a dozen recolors. It set loose goals a player could influence and it was made over 4 years ago. What's happened in modding since then? You make a pickhead before you make a pick. Wow. Such expansion of framework. Such use of blocks. So many mods just moved sideways. Very few made the world more interesting and interactive. I forget the name but there was also a mod that added castles and quests. It made the world more alive and less of a walking simulator.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #19854 on: October 27, 2015, 01:08:01 pm »

IDK, I sort of like Tinkers' Construct.

There's something very satisfying about melting 5000 ores in a big ole forge and making a ridiculous hammer which you can then name silly things.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #19855 on: October 27, 2015, 01:09:50 pm »

The smeltery looks very cool with lots of molten metal in it, yeah.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #19856 on: October 27, 2015, 01:11:26 pm »

Better Than Wolves? MOAR BLOCKS THAT LOOK DIFFERENT

* Arx chokes

But yes, by and large that's mostly what modding Minecraft is about. One of these days I'm going to install an unfamiliar modpack just so I can revel in the novelty of all the blocks.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #19857 on: October 27, 2015, 03:45:08 pm »

I... Can't seem to find millenaire anymore. I remember playing it and loving it. Where do I get it?

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #19858 on: October 27, 2015, 04:41:52 pm »

Millenaire combined with TFC, with the villages starting off incredibly primitive and steadily improving.
This sounds fantastic. I'd make it myself but Java is my kryptonite.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19859 on: October 29, 2015, 12:50:52 pm »

Hey guys, note big pics in those spoilers.

I am currently building my Regrowth modpack home up, and finally finished getting to the point that I have infinite building mats that allowed me to finish the ground floor of my special tower that I am building. Problem is, the roof of the ground floor is fugly...
While I am capable of building something that isn't fugly 60% of the time (the other 40 is split between tearing down to rebuild or just giving up), I suck at making this fully beautiful...

So I turn to you guys who have better skills then me. I have this area to work with...
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

The white is that of the open space I am wanting to colour with stuff to make it look cool while the black is the walls, the modpack has that of the chisel2 and microblocks mods installed so that means that there is a large amount of things I can do with it, I would like to keep it with panels (thinnest) and such to keep it simple and keep the roof at its current height. I can easily use some glowstone here and there to brighten it up too.

This is the roof in question.
It is going to be the room where the Bloodmagic Altar is going to be built at due to the rituals taking up a good amount of downward space. I plan to build a mobspawner of sorts above it to have mobs dropping down for sacrifice when it gets to that stage too (hence the hole in the middle). But at the moment, its acting like an arboretum for the trees and some glint weeds I am cultivating for lights :P anyway they won't be there later...
So basically, anyone with some artistic licenses (mine was revoked) that is willing to design some sort of pretty pattern with the colours normally found within Minecraft that would be GREAT... ^_^

For those interested in how I am going, here is the first floor, or the Farm/Gardens...
That marble/white thing in the middle is gonna be the stairs up to the next floor, that one is going to that of the Forges due to that being the next goal I am working towards. I take my time damn it... :P

And from the exterior. Gonna use some Carpenters blocks or such to make it all pretty underneath as well as build some pillars to "Holdup" the floating plates...
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...
Pages: 1 ... 1322 1323 [1324] 1325 1326 ... 1380