Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1330 1331 [1332] 1333 1334 ... 1380

Author Topic: Minecraft - It has blocks.  (Read 2339570 times)

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
Re: Minecraft - It has blocks.
« Reply #19965 on: February 09, 2016, 10:08:47 am »

It's rails of War. Buggy as hell, and creative only, but it makes beautiful tracks, with full-sized trains on them.
Train craft has tiny trains, with one block wide tracks. This one has 3 block wide rails, with trains needing a 5x5 block open cross-section to move through.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2016, 10:12:07 am by Japa »

Reverie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19966 on: February 09, 2016, 10:14:13 am »

That does look pretty cool, but it would honestly take some getting used to (freeform assets in Minecraft, bah humbug!)

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #19967 on: February 09, 2016, 10:18:13 am »

Yeah, honestly, figuring out how to fit the terrain to the track pieces was a pain in the rear. I ended up using a lot of world edit and copy pasting.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #19968 on: February 09, 2016, 02:29:19 pm »

Not sure if anyone is still playing the Simply Magic server I started but I'm just updateing it to 1.1.3 and am going to create a new thread for it or any other servers I run. I was considering doing one for the unstable 1.8 pack on FTB as well.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #19969 on: February 09, 2016, 02:36:11 pm »

What does 1.8 unstable have? I suppose it wouldn't hurt to find out how the newer version runs with mods of somekind.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #19970 on: February 09, 2016, 02:41:54 pm »

What does 1.8 unstable have? I suppose it wouldn't hurt to find out how the newer version runs with mods of somekind.
According to the FTB launcher:

Spoiler: Mods (click to show/hide)

It changes over time as they make no guaranteed of stability and things are added/removed. They're testing mods on it. Still it's kind of fun

Niveras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19971 on: February 09, 2016, 05:41:23 pm »

SimplyMagic also has an alpha 1.8 version, which is mainly the primary mods, less Mystcraft and AM2, plus one new one called Intangible. But I presume Forsaken probably already knows about it, it is not like it is a secret.

Also: yeah, sorry about not being around at all but I decided to stick with solo. I don't know if you or anyone else found where I planned to start my base but feel free to take anything (not that there's nothing of value) or use the space.

I don't even necessarily remember where it is relative to spawn. North definitely, maybe a bit east? On the border of beach/desert and plains near a surface cave. There's a thaumcraft-loot chest in the hills nearby and one, possibly two witchery "fort" villages within spitting distance.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19972 on: February 09, 2016, 06:06:17 pm »

...That's a lot of mods...
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #19973 on: February 09, 2016, 06:11:38 pm »

SimplyMagic also has an alpha 1.8 version, which is mainly the primary mods, less Mystcraft and AM2, plus one new one called Intangible. But I presume Forsaken probably already knows about it, it is not like it is a secret.

Also: yeah, sorry about not being around at all but I decided to stick with solo. I don't know if you or anyone else found where I planned to start my base but feel free to take anything (not that there's nothing of value) or use the space.

I don't even necessarily remember where it is relative to spawn. North definitely, maybe a bit east? On the border of beach/desert and plains near a surface cave. There's a thaumcraft-loot chest in the hills nearby and one, possibly two witchery "fort" villages within spitting distance.
No worries. And yeah I saw the 1.8 pack, but I have like 10 hours already into this one. Might try it later on

LordBucket

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19974 on: February 18, 2016, 11:37:50 am »

Anyone know of a vanilla server opening/resetting for 1.9 in the next few weeks?

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #19975 on: February 18, 2016, 07:13:30 pm »

Shall we do a Bay12 one?
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #19976 on: February 18, 2016, 07:43:57 pm »

Maybe just a general "don't be a dick" rule.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

LordBucket

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19977 on: February 18, 2016, 07:54:31 pm »

I'd play on a bay12 vanilla server. Not interested in pvp though.

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
  • Now versio- I mean, age 18. Honestly not an AI.
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #19978 on: February 19, 2016, 12:35:18 am »

What about TFC? I'd be down, but so far only one of my three attempts at one has been successful. I got one going with the Baystation12 community and I got one going here a couple years back, but it'd be nice to see what changes TFC has made.
Power/metagaming RL since Birth/Born to do it.
Quote from: Second Amendment
A militia cannot function properly without arms, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without tanks and warplanes, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear tanks and warplanes, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without ICBMs, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear ICBMs, shall not be infringed.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #19979 on: February 19, 2016, 02:07:03 am »

"never went past 1.7"

A lot of mods are currently on 1.7.10. It's the Windows 7 of modding atm. People are gearing up to move to 1.8.9, and since 1.9 will probably be available really soon (1.9.3ish) expect to see mods come to 1.9 now.

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward
Pages: 1 ... 1330 1331 [1332] 1333 1334 ... 1380