Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1366 1367 [1368] 1369 1370 ... 1380

Author Topic: Minecraft - It has blocks.  (Read 2323862 times)

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
Re: Minecraft - It has blocks.
« Reply #20505 on: July 23, 2018, 03:09:53 pm »

Well, that's the one you're on about.

Personally, I can't be fucked with vanilla any more, it bores me.

Well, that some of us are on about at least.
I doubt any modpacks are ready for 1.13 though.

TheBronzePickle

• Bay Watcher
  • Why am I doing this?
    • View Profile
« Reply #20506 on: July 23, 2018, 04:01:28 pm »

Forge isn't even out yet for 1.13.

There are, certainly, mods that work without Forge, but all the big ones require it, so we probably won't be seeing mods moving from 1.12 for a while yet.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2018, 04:20:42 pm by TheBronzePickle »
Nothing important here, move along.

Folly

• Bay Watcher
  • Steam Profile: 76561197996956175
    • View Profile
« Reply #20507 on: July 23, 2018, 04:15:33 pm »

Guess we should probably wait then. I'm not particularly inclined to invest in a vanilla server either.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20508 on: September 27, 2018, 12:31:38 am »

I used to make private servers I could run on my computer and let friends join via IP addresses. No 3rd party software needed. No money needed.

Is it still possible to do that? I've tried 3 times with modpacks via twitch, but there have always been problems. I want to try one more time so could someone give me a step by step (free) method of making a multiplayer server for the Sevtech Ages pack on my computer that friends could play on? I'll use 3rd party software if I have to.

TheBronzePickle

• Bay Watcher
  • Why am I doing this?
    • View Profile
« Reply #20509 on: September 27, 2018, 01:16:21 am »

Not sure about Twitch in particular, but technic and, I think, FTB both offer up pre-configured servers to download.

The things to remember, though, are that you still have to change the default port (the default doesn't work right) and forward that port on your router. It's also recommended you go in and give Java a lot more RAM to work with, because the base amount is great for running vanilla or lightly modded singleplayer, but chugs with modpacks and servers, and really chugs with both.
Nothing important here, move along.

aristabulus

• Bay Watcher
  • Fnordius Maximus
    • View Profile
« Reply #20510 on: September 27, 2018, 01:18:27 am »

I used to make private servers I could run on my computer and let friends join via IP addresses. No 3rd party software needed. No money needed.

Is it still possible to do that? I've tried 3 times with modpacks via twitch, but there have always been problems. I want to try one more time so could someone give me a step by step (free) method of making a multiplayer server for the Sevtech Ages pack on my computer that friends could play on? I'll use 3rd party software if I have to.

I've not tried to wind up a server via the Twitch client, but just doing SP on it was a giant hassle.  After having Twitch lobotomize itself a couple times, I gave up on it entirely.  When I get back around to Minecraft, I'll be giving MultiMC a go for my client-side organizing.

The good news is there's a server blob available on Curseforge.  Download the zip file, but ignore the how-to-install on that page.  Unpack the zip, run install.bat, set up port forwarding on your router if you haven't already done so.  Fiddle worldgen settings, then fire it up.  That should be it, in theory.
If iron is to become steel, it must feel fire! --ancient Dwarven proverb

What is steel compared to the hand that wields it?  --Thulsa Doom

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #20511 on: October 19, 2018, 12:08:37 pm »

Is there a modpack anyone would recommend for the Technic platform?

I would preferably like one with as low tech as possible, with the highest being Immersive Engineering type of tech.
In fact, I would very much like it if the above mentioned mod and Tinker's Construct (plus addons) were included.
Also, I am not looking for any magic-focused modpacks. (Never really liked Botanica for some reason.)
« Last Edit: October 19, 2018, 12:11:43 pm by Ultimuh »

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
  • Σὺν Ἀθηνᾷ καὶ χεῖρα κίνει
    • View Profile
« Reply #20512 on: January 25, 2019, 01:47:24 pm »

Is there a modpack anyone would recommend for the Technic platform?

I would preferably like one with as low tech as possible, with the highest being Immersive Engineering type of tech.
In fact, I would very much like it if the above mentioned mod and Tinker's Construct (plus addons) were included.
Also, I am not looking for any magic-focused modpacks. (Never really liked Botanica for some reason.)

I have built this one that's just industrycraft and forestry + pipes from ender.io (and treecapitator, for completness but that's minor)
https://www.technicpack.net/modpack/some-machinery.1370141

I feel most tech packs have too much stuff and a lot of redundant ways to do the same things.

edit: I've a spare if there's interest in a server
« Last Edit: January 25, 2019, 02:07:43 pm by LoSboccacc »

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #20513 on: January 25, 2019, 01:54:49 pm »

Yeah I'm currently playing Direwolf20's 1.12 pack. But I threw mekanism ontop of it because I love ore multiplication and multiblock batteries.

I'm waiting to sample other mods for when I get a good PC with more than 8 gigs of ram but there's a skyblock mod that doesn't run ex nihilo that looked real fun.

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
  • Σὺν Ἀθηνᾷ καὶ χεῖρα κίνει
    • View Profile
« Reply #20514 on: January 25, 2019, 02:56:37 pm »

*snip*

removed, I hate IC2 now, with the rollers and cutters and all the busywork.

I'd love this but it's hoplessly outdated https://www.minecraftmods.com/advanced-dispensers/
« Last Edit: January 28, 2019, 09:03:15 am by LoSboccacc »

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #20515 on: February 03, 2019, 06:29:16 am »

I like how every person who has a problem with IC2 has the exact same problem with it. Usually this is indicative of... an actual problem, and here... yeah, I think it is.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #20516 on: May 21, 2019, 04:15:27 pm »

Found out about a server that has built itself like Civcraft and Devoted, for those who manage to remember them.  It has some small changes in the form of limiting mobs and ores to only be found in certain areas via Hidden Ore and similar plugins, and there's an unclaimed area on the map that I'm going to head out to that has a mix of Lapis, Iron, Diamond, and Coal.  It's in territory formerly owned by the server's USSR and the region in particular is called the Devil's Knives.  Seems to be a mountain range of some kind, so we might be able to establish a Dwarven Fortress or something in the remnants of the Soviet Union.

Server IP is civex4.net, and the copy it uses is a vanilla version of 1.12.2, though you can seem to make use of JourneyMap, Togglesprint, Horse Stats, Optifine, or Fullbright in addition to that.  Don't know where exactly the coordinates will be of the base as I haven't traveled there yet and the server has a 500 meter radius for chat.

See you there if anyone wants to join up.

Edit: There's a location titled 'Underground Facility' upon this map which denotes claimed, which seems to be unclaimed.  There is where we shall establish.  -1276, 64, 3734 are the rough coordinates.  Nation will make use of the temporary name of Siberia.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2019, 05:22:01 pm by Zanzetkuken The Great »
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

ivanovic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20517 on: May 28, 2019, 02:39:07 am »

Found out about a server that has built itself like Civcraft and Devoted, for those who manage to remember them.  It has some small changes in the form of limiting mobs and ores to only be found in certain areas via Hidden Ore and similar plugins, and there's an unclaimed area on the map that I'm going to head out to that has a mix of Lapis, Iron, Diamond, and Coal.  It's in territory formerly owned by the server's USSR and the region in particular is called the Devil's Knives.  Seems to be a mountain range of some kind, so we might be able to establish a Dwarven Fortress or something in the remnants of the Soviet Union.

Server IP is civex4.net, and the copy it uses is a vanilla version of 1.12.2, though you can seem to make use of JourneyMap, Togglesprint, Horse Stats, Optifine, or Fullbright in addition to that.  Don't know where exactly the coordinates will be of the base as I haven't traveled there yet and the server has a 500 meter radius for chat.

See you there if anyone wants to join up.

Edit: There's a location titled 'Underground Facility' upon this map which denotes claimed, which seems to be unclaimed.  There is where we shall establish.  -1276, 64, 3734 are the rough coordinates.  Nation will make use of the temporary name of Siberia.

Unfortunately, that server is dead by now, with no active player base... I played on it a few months ago, when it was launched, and although it was announced as a beta and not a proper release, it had a lot of activity during the first couple of months... Then, the interest faded away and everybody quitted...

If you are interested in a Civcraft-style server still active, try mc.civclassic.com. They have been online with the same map for 2 years, and still have a good player base... A vast map, plenty of cities to explore, a huge railway system, and so on... You can take a look at their map to get an idea:

https://ccmap.github.io/beta/

iceball3

• Bay Watcher
  • Miaou~
    • View Profile
    • My DA
« Reply #20518 on: May 28, 2019, 07:16:35 am »

Interesting. It seems like the minecraft forums are going to go into Read Only Mode indefinitely in a few weeks. bizzare choice.
https://www.minecraftforum.net/forums/minecraft-java-edition/discussion/2963273-so-the-forum-is-being-closed-for-new-messages
I cant help but feel the nails driven into the caskets of a ton of older version mods i've seen development peter out on.

sluissa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20519 on: May 28, 2019, 11:42:10 am »

That's what happens when you offload the forum responsibilities to a third party company that just gets bought and sold around to different companies.
Pages: 1 ... 1366 1367 [1368] 1369 1370 ... 1380