Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1368 1369 [1370] 1371 1372 ... 1380

Author Topic: Minecraft - It has blocks.  (Read 2324537 times)

Araph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Minecraft - It has blocks.
« Reply #20535 on: June 03, 2019, 04:58:25 pm »

Given the "At the moment" comment, I'm going to wait, in case you decide to make it modded.

Cheers for hosting, BTW, even if I'm not presently making use of it.

No worries, it's safe to play now. I'm only going to mod the server if it either 1) won't break the world data, or 2) there's crazy high demand for it. People seem fine with vanilla, so it'll probably stay that way. I'm not sure which mods can be applied without breaking save files (or if that's even a possibility), but I'll do some research on that eventually.

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #20536 on: June 04, 2019, 02:22:55 pm »

Might get me interested in playing vanilla again, to see the 1.14 scene. I hear it's hugely expanded.

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20537 on: June 07, 2019, 04:00:36 pm »

crosspost from the server thread:
Here are some shots of my iron age/early medieval period hill fortress!
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Somewhat sparse feature-wise but every detail is a labour unto itself in survival mode!
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #20538 on: June 12, 2019, 10:38:09 pm »

Working with command blocks in MC:Java Edition. Anybody know how to count how many of an item a player has?

Ideally, I want to be able to count how many emeralds are in a player's main weapon slot, and if they're holding an exact amount to replace them with a new item.

Alternatively, it could check if they have enough emeralds, then remove a certain amount and give them an item (optionally checking if they have free space first.)

Edit: Figured it out:
Code: [Select]
replaceitem entity @p[dy=2,nbt={SelectedItem:{id:"minecraft:emerald",Count:1b}}] weapon.mainhand minecraft:blaze_rod 1
« Last Edit: June 13, 2019, 02:07:46 pm by Bumber »
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20539 on: June 16, 2019, 07:06:27 pm »

Anyone know of some kind of build - RP mixed servers???

I like building and I don't mind RP, especially when its really good world building, but more often than not I find the RP dull and the building rather limited. Or rather, I find RP servers where you don't build much, and building servers where you just build--and while that's fun, ultimately I'd like to see the world come a live a bit--or at least be able to make things people will use in their RP.

I looked at Lord of the Craft, but honestly while the RP is pretty cool--more history-y than your standard high medieval RP--I can't say I'm convinced theres too much building going on (other than building and rebuilding the continuing cycle of growing, conquering, and fracturing nations' towns).

I used to build for Westeroscraft for a bit, but same thing, its just building and then RPing later in a built world.

IDK, maybe I want a balance that can't be struck, but if anyone has any ideas I'd be super grateful!

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #20540 on: June 17, 2019, 12:37:00 pm »

I finally killed the Enderdragon for the first time.

Nice, that takes some serious work. I've never even gotten there.

If you are really interested in a server based around building distant cities and connecting them via roads and railways, I strongly suggest not allowing any kind of teleport... I mean, no /spawn or /home commands, let alone /warps... Otherwise, no one will spend the time and effort to make a road and railway system if no one is going to use it because everyone teleports back and forth... After more than 8 years trying hundreds of servers, the only servers I came across with a good player base consistently building roads and railways are those that don't have any kind of fast travel... For example, nerd.nu and civclassic mentioned above.

That's a good point, it would defeat the purpose.

I've got a server up and running at 51.77.45.161:25590, if anyone wants to join me. I'm currently building a little cabin/fort near the spawn point to act as the central hub for future roads. I'll probably make a thread once it's further along.

May want to do what Civcraft did and disable the nether, possibly set it up as just another biome in the overworld.  You'd have nothing in the overworld if it exists.  Likely want to get an overhaul of some sort for minecarts, too so they can actually be a useful form of transport. Even horses are faster than vanilla minecarts, much less stuff like Elytra or boats on top of ice.  Maybe something for boats as well like actual ships (swear I remember a mod that allowed you to build your own seaworthy ships along with airships, but can't recall the name)
« Last Edit: June 17, 2019, 12:39:28 pm by Zanzetkuken The Great »
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20541 on: June 17, 2019, 01:30:28 pm »

Archimedes Ship Mod is what you're thinking of.

It's a little (lot) glitchy sometimes (all the time), but it's a lot of fun.
We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20542 on: June 20, 2019, 12:02:50 am »

Well this sucks. My account no longer considers me as owning minecraft, and mojang support is months behind. Their help pages lead me to believe they just deleted it. Now I have to wait at least a month just to figure out why it's gone.

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20543 on: June 20, 2019, 09:43:22 am »

Well this sucks. My account no longer considers me as owning minecraft, and mojang support is months behind. Their help pages lead me to believe they just deleted it. Now I have to wait at least a month just to figure out why it's gone.

Something similar happened to me. I ended up just opening a ticket to get their attention, making a new account, and having them delete the old one then refund me the purchase.

scourge728

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20544 on: June 20, 2019, 01:56:21 pm »

Well hey, at least they respond to tickets and are willing to give refunds when their stuff screws up... unlike some other companies I know

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20545 on: June 21, 2019, 09:44:54 am »

It's still shady. Not everyone is going to sit for months waiting for customer support. How many people will just re-purchase the game instead of waiting?

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20546 on: June 21, 2019, 06:09:54 pm »

Some screens from my Ardacraft application builds:
sample:

album:
https://imgur.com/a/wif7WXW

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20547 on: June 23, 2019, 08:35:35 pm »

Welp, I finally broke down after several Minecraft-less years and bought a new copy to replace my long-lost one. I blame one of my favorite streamers for this.

It looks like a lot of my old favorite mods are horribly out-dated, which is sad. One the other hand I finally have a computer that can probably handle a new texture pack and shader. Any suggestions that'd work with the latest version?
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20548 on: June 24, 2019, 06:56:04 am »

Any suggestions that'd work with the latest version?

Modding for 1.14 is still pretty much in its infancy. If you roll back to 1.12, you get a lot more but you don't get all of the nifty new blocks or mobs.

MagmaMcFry

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXISTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #20549 on: June 24, 2019, 05:00:49 pm »

No big loss there, maybe 0.2 mediocre mods worth of content.
Pages: 1 ... 1368 1369 [1370] 1371 1372 ... 1380