Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1373 1374 [1375] 1376 1377 ... 1380

Author Topic: Minecraft - It has blocks.  (Read 2324441 times)

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
Re: Minecraft - It has blocks.
« Reply #20610 on: March 31, 2020, 05:44:53 am »

What the actual heck XD
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #20611 on: March 31, 2020, 05:59:45 am »

I think it's kinda cute. What does it do?

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #20612 on: March 31, 2020, 06:03:50 am »

Maybe asks you if you know the number of a reputable psychiatrist.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #20613 on: March 31, 2020, 06:17:01 am »

http://notch.tumblr.com/

It's a Java-based Infiniminer-like game.  So far you can dig around, create 4 types of blocks and just build stuff.
The block types don't do anything special, besides grass tending to spread onto sunny dirt blocks.  There's empty caves on the map, too.
I really like how smooth it runs for a Java applet, and that I don't need silly extra stuff to run it.
The future features, including multiplayer, also seem promising, such as survival mode where you have to eat and build, or fortress mode where two maps connect to each other to duke it out.
12 years ago, this thread was created.  At a time we didnt expect a fucking virus eating up our countries...
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #20614 on: March 31, 2020, 06:31:44 am »

I think it's kinda cute. What does it do?

Mount that can move over lava.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2020, 07:31:29 am by Bumber »
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

bloop_bleep

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20615 on: March 31, 2020, 11:43:48 am »

Lava submarine when?

EDIT: Also not sure how weird it'd seem to ride a vaguely humanoid and clearly depressed creature like a horse.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2020, 11:45:23 am by bloop_bleep »
Quote from: KittyTac
The closest thing Bay12 has to a flamewar is an argument over philosophy that slowly transitioned to an argument about quantum mechanics.
Quote from: thefriendlyhacker
The trick is to only make predictions semi-seriously.  That way, I don't have a 98% failure rate. I have a 98% sarcasm rate.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #20616 on: March 31, 2020, 11:51:37 am »

Lava submarine when?

EDIT: Also not sure how weird it'd seem to ride a vaguely humanoid and clearly depressed creature like a horse.
What if he constantly mumbled about how much he liked being ridden?

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #20617 on: April 01, 2020, 01:00:00 am »

Lava submarine when?

You could probably build one out of pistons and slime/honey blocks. Example of an elevator: https://youtu.be/q11J9ibl7zs?t=434
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

bloop_bleep

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20618 on: April 01, 2020, 01:23:23 am »

Ayyy you know Mumbo Jumbo!

Yeah, figured. But when I heard "mount that could go over lava" I thought "why not mount that can go in lava?".
The closest thing Bay12 has to a flamewar is an argument over philosophy that slowly transitioned to an argument about quantum mechanics.
The trick is to only make predictions semi-seriously.  That way, I don't have a 98% failure rate. I have a 98% sarcasm rate.

bloop_bleep

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20619 on: April 02, 2020, 01:00:08 am »

Lava submarine when?

What if he constantly mumbled about how much he liked being ridden?

Well at least it's consensual.

Anyway, does anyone know of a good steampunk-ish mod for Minecraft? Meaning no crazy advanced Space Age technology, but still interesting and varied technology in the steampunk vein.

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #20620 on: April 02, 2020, 01:41:39 am »

Niveras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20621 on: April 02, 2020, 01:26:12 pm »

The neither portal sounds like a pretty viable way to add infinite dimensions to vanilla minecraft.

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20622 on: April 02, 2020, 01:37:35 pm »

There's an April Fool's snapshot out.

Love or hate him, CaptainSparklez had a pretty genius idea for an adventure map requiring you find books to reach the next segment. You'd have to do a bit of searching to locate non-fucky worlds but I kind of love the idea.

You could do that in modded using RFTools Dimensions but vanilla has zero barriers to entry so that's a big win in my book.

bloop_bleep

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20623 on: April 02, 2020, 03:41:52 pm »

The neither portal sounds like a pretty viable way to add infinite dimensions to vanilla minecraft.

Have you heard of the mod Mystcraft?

Niveras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20624 on: April 02, 2020, 04:51:56 pm »

Have you heard of the mod Mystcraft?

Of course.

Mystcraft is decidedly not vanilla, though. There's a big difference in having to hunt down a bunch of pages and craft a bunch of mod-specific stuff vs. writing stuff in a vanilla book and tossing it into a nether portal.

I'm on the fence as to whether a vanilla implementation should be entirely chaotic (seed based on the book's content), or if certain word structures in the book should correspond to how the dimension is structured (basically an even closer approximation of the D'ni world-building language than Mystcraft's pages).

In the end, custom dimensions is probably very slightly outside the scope of what would improve vanilla.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2020, 04:53:40 pm by Niveras »
Pages: 1 ... 1373 1374 [1375] 1376 1377 ... 1380