Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1374 1375 [1376] 1377 1378 ... 1380

Author Topic: Minecraft - It has blocks.  (Read 2337641 times)

Warmist

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of unfinished jobs
    • View Profile
Re: Minecraft - It has blocks.
« Reply #20625 on: April 18, 2020, 04:02:13 am »

Not sure if anyone here is interested, but minecraft bedrock (win10 edition) has RTX open beta. You need at least RTX2060.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20626 on: July 07, 2020, 10:25:45 pm »

I noticed the modpack "Project Ozone 3 A New Way Forward", and how it says "the fun begins when the quests end". Has anyone tried the pack, and can they confirm that some cool shit happens when all the quests are completed?

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20627 on: July 08, 2020, 10:23:54 am »

I noticed the modpack "Project Ozone 3 A New Way Forward", and how it says "the fun begins when the quests end". Has anyone tried the pack, and can they confirm that some cool shit happens when all the quests are completed?

It looks like a skyblock start, so yes I imagine the quests being done is where the game opens up.

Niveras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20628 on: July 08, 2020, 12:21:53 pm »

Having playing and watched it, I would say that is false advertising.

There are quests for everything, including ultra-endgame (avaritia, extended crafting, creative items). There's a lot of quests and by the time you do them all, there is nothing left to do but build to your heart's content - which is certainly possible long before you "finish" the pack. Given vanilla minecraft is largely about freeform building absent any barriers, I guess you could stretch this to be the "fun" you get after finishing quests. Most people who actually finish it aren't sitting around building creatively in their survival worlds, though - they're going say "I finished the pack!" and move on to something else.

PO3 is an expert pack (even on normal) with altered progression. On normal, this isn't significant (although magic and some endgame stuff requires progress in more than just a given mod alone), on titan and kappa it is rigid. Since the quests are guidance for changes in the recipes, they don't lock you out of content per se, but rather indicate what now depends on what.

No one plays expert packs to have their fun after finishing it. For them, the fun is planning, logistics and expansion to satisfy the esoteric gates within the pack, ideally without resorting to grind or manual microcrafting. The stereotypical "journey, not the destination."
« Last Edit: July 08, 2020, 12:27:29 pm by Niveras »

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20629 on: August 13, 2020, 01:03:45 pm »

My life has once again been consumed by Minecraft. First, a custom pack created by a newbie to pack making who discovered that he missed a few core things before losing interest. Then ATM 6, which was perfectly serviceable for a few days. Then you get to the point where you've got to strip mine ocean chunks for bits of the pack's bespoke metal by hand. I don't find that to be fun. If I could have gotten an automated miner up and running, it'd be annoying but less fun-destroying. No can do - all autominers are gated behind the ore in question. I kind of wish I had fully realized the ramifications of this before I had completed Mekanism's 5x ore multiplication production line.

I'd love to find a good 1.16 modpack for all the nethery Mekanismy goodness but the modding scene isn't quite there yet.

To that end, I thought I'd check out TNP Limitless 2. 1.15 is still relatively modern - better in my mind than going back to 1.12 or (gasp) 1.7.10. No nethery goodness. No Mekanism storage solutions, nuclear reactors, or mech armor. I'll survive for now.

And a few short hours after my game started, while I'm still subsistence farming in a wood hut, two lootboxes made my game progress a hell of a lot quicker. Not as game-breaking as some of the other lootbox horror stories but I'm pretty pleased about it nonetheless. Random Avaritia gear, destructive chance cubes, or other super items in loot boxes that completely break the quest system or the game in general over their collective knees are dumb. I can get behind removing tedium, however.

The rewards of one lootbox, now containing the rewards of the lootbox opened mere minutes before.

And here I was, wondering what the quickest way of getting RF generation up and running to charge my new toy would be.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2020, 01:12:37 pm by Mephisto »

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #20630 on: August 13, 2020, 02:03:04 pm »

No can do - all autominers are gated behind the ore in question.
That right there would be the point where I just cheated in enough of the bespoke ore to get the first automated miner in place. f that

MagmaMcFry

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXISTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #20631 on: August 13, 2020, 02:22:06 pm »

Maybe the idea is to produce better manual digging implements?

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20632 on: August 13, 2020, 02:27:48 pm »

The best manual digging implement available at that point is a hammer. You're still doing exploratory mining, just in a 3x3 tunnel instead of a block at a time. All ocean caves seemed to be waterlogged (or I got unlucky) so I wouldn't go the caving route.

MCreeper

• Bay Watcher
  • My bus is late
    • View Profile
« Reply #20633 on: November 03, 2020, 05:48:37 am »

God, this was even below slay the spire.  :o

Finally got around to properly playing thaumcraft 4. My current troubles in a nutshell:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
*shakes fist*

FAKEEDIT: *me approaching silverwood tree with a wand* - okay, just 10 more order mana to go... How many creepers? One, two, ah, four! - *kerblam!* - why nodes are so easily destroyable?

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #20634 on: December 01, 2020, 03:53:09 pm »

After an hour of messing with redstone in a test world, I did something on my own. With redstone comparaters. I just used them to make something and I still don’t really understand them. Like, seriously, what the feck are redstone comparaters? How am I supposed to extrapolate meaning from that? Anyway. I delved into secrets Man was not meant to know, and on the other aide, I came out with a hidden door that requires you to push two buttons in quick succession. It won’t work if you push them in the wrong order, it won’t work if you only push one of them, and the door stays open long enough to get through it. I’m scared of myself now. I’m delving into secrets man was not meant to know, and I don’t know where it ends.
Imic's no longer allowed to vote.
Quote from: smyttysmyth
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet
Regrets every choice he made and makes, including writing this here.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #20635 on: December 01, 2020, 04:22:05 pm »

Redstone is an arcane art, indeed. I have to refresh myself on it every time I go back to minecraft.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Iä! RIAKTOR!

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20636 on: December 25, 2020, 06:36:43 pm »

Minecraft modders, please, send me PM! I have some ideas, but cannot write Java.

Niveras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20637 on: December 25, 2020, 07:05:00 pm »

Everyone has ideas.

Especially the people who are capable of and interested in modding minecraft.

You'd have to throw down money to get someone else to program it, and it would have be a lot (a lot a lot) because just programming isn't enough, you'd need them to keep them on to troubleshoot bugs (there will always be bugs and you can't QA every possible scenario and interaction) and update to new versions.

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #20638 on: December 26, 2020, 12:16:57 am »

Or learn Java.
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #20639 on: December 26, 2020, 06:47:57 am »

Minecraft modders, please, send me PM! I have some ideas, but cannot write Java.
Yes you can. If your idea is good, pay someone to make it or make it yourself. Noone is going to dedicate months or years of their own life for free for your idea.
Pages: 1 ... 1374 1375 [1376] 1377 1378 ... 1380