Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1377 1378 [1379] 1380

Author Topic: Minecraft - It has blocks.  (Read 2334429 times)

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
Re: Minecraft - It has blocks.
« Reply #20670 on: January 01, 2021, 05:01:57 pm »

Or you could kill them and harvest their drops.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

bloop_bleep

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20671 on: January 01, 2021, 05:35:26 pm »

I've seen systems built by youtubers where they harvest crops by having another villager which the farming villager tries to give crops to, which crops are then intercepted and stored. :) You can look up those videos or try to figure it out yourself.
Quote from: KittyTac
The closest thing Bay12 has to a flamewar is an argument over philosophy that slowly transitioned to an argument about quantum mechanics.
Quote from: thefriendlyhacker
The trick is to only make predictions semi-seriously.  That way, I don't have a 98% failure rate. I have a 98% sarcasm rate.

Damiac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20672 on: January 01, 2021, 05:59:17 pm »

It already takes hours of effort to write and publish a mod that does literally nothing. So if your mod idea can really be implemented in such a short time, there is no need to be secretive about it and you can just post your idea here.
If have no effect, why you write it?

I have more than one idea. Mod that change inventory into infinite amount of cells (for using with mods that adds weight). Mod that absolutely remove XP and add skill system with training by actual ingame actions (that system also will be used for further mods). Mod that adds new equipping system, with four layers of armor and slots for jewelry. Modular mod LA SAIGI, with modules called as one of seven sins. Mod with some special magic, where you train your powers in one of seven magic spheres by doing non-magical actions, but related with this spheres. Mod that adds cogs and more redstone functions to them. Simple mod of some industry that not change worldgen at all (golden wires, uranium from redstone). Simple mod that adds coins for trading. Simple remodelling mod, that make horse model simpler and rework shields. Joke mod that add roaches (retextured silverfish). Port of old TobaccoCraft from 1.2.5 version.

But I prefer older versions of game. No newer than 1.7.10, but I think 1.5.2 is better.
Minecraft modders, please, send me PM! I have some ideas, but cannot write Java.
Yes you can. If your idea is good, pay someone to make it or make it yourself. Noone is going to dedicate months or years of their own life for free for your idea.
Month? Some hours it will need.
If it just takes a few hours, go do it yourself. Or post your idea and maybe someone else will.
I cannot mod in java. For making mod by myself, I need better moddable files (like DF RAWs or C&C ini) or program that will compile mods for me.
OK I spent a few hours and coded up your mod ideas. But it wasn't very fun so I deleted it.

Iä! RIAKTOR!

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20673 on: January 02, 2021, 09:04:39 pm »

It already takes hours of effort to write and publish a mod that does literally nothing. So if your mod idea can really be implemented in such a short time, there is no need to be secretive about it and you can just post your idea here.
If have no effect, why you write it?

I have more than one idea. Mod that change inventory into infinite amount of cells (for using with mods that adds weight). Mod that absolutely remove XP and add skill system with training by actual ingame actions (that system also will be used for further mods). Mod that adds new equipping system, with four layers of armor and slots for jewelry. Modular mod LA SAIGI, with modules called as one of seven sins. Mod with some special magic, where you train your powers in one of seven magic spheres by doing non-magical actions, but related with this spheres. Mod that adds cogs and more redstone functions to them. Simple mod of some industry that not change worldgen at all (golden wires, uranium from redstone). Simple mod that adds coins for trading. Simple remodelling mod, that make horse model simpler and rework shields. Joke mod that add roaches (retextured silverfish). Port of old TobaccoCraft from 1.2.5 version.

But I prefer older versions of game. No newer than 1.7.10, but I think 1.5.2 is better.
Minecraft modders, please, send me PM! I have some ideas, but cannot write Java.
Yes you can. If your idea is good, pay someone to make it or make it yourself. Noone is going to dedicate months or years of their own life for free for your idea.
Month? Some hours it will need.
If it just takes a few hours, go do it yourself. Or post your idea and maybe someone else will.
I cannot mod in java. For making mod by myself, I need better moddable files (like DF RAWs or C&C ini) or program that will compile mods for me.
OK I spent a few hours and coded up your mod ideas. But it wasn't very fun so I deleted it.
What know you about fun? I sold elf leather clothes made from elf caravan to human caravan, I modded mermaids to be domestic and embark with them, so most mermaids were aidrowned, before other were pastured in river.

Supercharazad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20674 on: January 02, 2021, 10:32:32 pm »

But instead of trying to look edgy by talking about how you like to pull the legs off of virtual ants, why not just learn Java and create these Minecraft mod ideas yourself?

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #20675 on: January 03, 2021, 11:42:06 am »

But instead of trying to look edgy by talking about how you like to pull the legs off of virtual ants, why not just learn Java and create these Minecraft mod ideas yourself?
Coding is too hard, he'd rather have someone else do the hard work.

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20676 on: January 03, 2021, 02:51:26 pm »

Looking through his list, most of what he's asking for is already done. Just need to put in a bunch of time googling and using crafttweaker to change recipes added by various mods. Really the only things I've never even seen are infinite inventory space (there's a bunch of mods with nesting backpacks. Pre update iron backpacks was incredible), the armor thing, and the xp thing though I'm fairly sure there are skill systems for minecraft. Still, probably a few weeks worth of effort just going through the data files for all those mods and tweaking them just right.
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

Iä! RIAKTOR!

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20677 on: January 06, 2021, 11:31:21 pm »

Looking through his list, most of what he's asking for is already done. Just need to put in a bunch of time googling and using crafttweaker to change recipes added by various mods. Really the only things I've never even seen are infinite inventory space (there's a bunch of mods with nesting backpacks. Pre update iron backpacks was incredible), the armor thing, and the xp thing though I'm fairly sure there are skill systems for minecraft. Still, probably a few weeks worth of effort just going through the data files for all those mods and tweaking them just right.
I tried to found ski;; system that will be good, but all systems were stupid because based on just putting xp into skills for grow skill. I need system with skills that grow by actually doing things, like in DF.

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #20678 on: June 07, 2021, 12:58:27 pm »

Version 1.17 seems to be nearing release. The second release candidate is out today, and if we got a third before the full version that'd be a first.

Edit: It's out.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2021, 08:12:20 pm by Bumber »
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20679 on: June 10, 2021, 12:02:28 am »

It looks like 1.18 got most of the world gen content.

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20680 on: September 18, 2021, 04:55:32 pm »

So the new 1.18 update has got me interested again--the new world gen is looking extremely good (which is a major + in my book as someone who likes to build)

On the other hand, I've been exploring modded minecraft and... how the hell do people get these megapacks to run? I can barely open my inventory in the one I just tried.
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

Ziusudra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20681 on: September 18, 2021, 06:21:28 pm »

Yeah, pretty sure the "beast" in "feed the beast" refers to the computer needed to run it.
Ironblood didn't use an axe because he needed it. He used it to be kind. And right now he wasn't being kind.

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20682 on: September 18, 2021, 07:06:53 pm »

Yuh. I "downgraded" to Engineer's Life 2... which is still 180+ mods so... big yes. Things seem to be running smoothly though so, yeehaw.

I have to say it does make a big difference... I'm playing survival for the first time in ages!

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20683 on: September 18, 2021, 07:34:18 pm »

It's mostly RAM, which you have to set manually.

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20684 on: September 18, 2021, 08:39:23 pm »

It's mostly RAM, which you have to set manually.

the biggest ones essentially crashed my game even with additional RAM--but maybe I should be more liberal with it, idk. Anyways, Engineer's Life 2 is a blast so I'm happily sticking to that for now.
Pages: 1 ... 1377 1378 [1379] 1380