Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7

Author Topic: LIAR - Escape plans? What do you need those for?  (Read 11965 times)

Virex

• Bay Watcher
  • Subjects interest attracted. Annalyses pending...
    • View Profile
Re: LIAR - Limmited Intelligence Assingment RTD
« Reply #30 on: May 19, 2009, 04:09:11 pm »

It is assumed that all of you retrieve your cases, and it is not something I will roll for. I'm more interested in how you're going to reach Kalensk ;)

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 19, 2009, 04:43:45 pm »

I'll take one of the corporation's jets (Or a private jet) to northern Italy, and then travel by train to Kalensk, switching trains several times to throw off any possible pursuers. Wearing tourist clothing.

Virex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 19, 2009, 04:51:00 pm »

Oh before I forget it, I'll be gone for some time starting tommorow. This means that I will not be able to roll up the turn untill saturday at the earliest. I appologise for the inconvenience.

Relm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 19, 2009, 04:55:59 pm »

I take a commercial passenger jet to the airport nearest Kalensk. Then I hire a taxi the rest of the way. I also try to stay alert and watch out for trouble.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 19, 2009, 05:20:35 pm »

I take a commercial passenger jet to the airport nearest Kalensk. Then I hire a taxi the rest of the way. I also try to stay alert and watch out for trouble.

((Your character might not want to get on a commercial airline with a weapon in a briefcase.))

Relm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 19, 2009, 06:54:03 pm »

Then i charter a private plane.

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 19, 2009, 07:47:21 pm »

A. Are we in Europe?  If so, go to 1, if not, go to B.
B. Are we on a coast?  If so go to 2, if not go to 3.

1. Go straight by train to Kalensk.
2. See about getting a boat ride to Europe, then go to 1.
3. Rent a car, drive to the coast, then go to 2.
All generalizations are false....including this one.

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 19, 2009, 09:06:14 pm »

Sadly wave good bye to the popular operatives.
Even the avatars expire eventually.

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 20, 2009, 09:07:42 am »

WE ARE GOING BY BOAT, PERHAPS.
WE SHALL SEE YOU IN KALENSK, HMMN?
Long Live United Forenia!

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 23, 2009, 07:23:25 am »

In the interest of making this start faster, can the players who haven't posted a transportation method go via bus or car?

Virex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 23, 2009, 02:31:55 pm »

That won't be neccesary since the delaying factor was on my side ;)

Roles are being conducted.

Virex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 23, 2009, 03:54:46 pm »

Whoa! There's been a rain of 5's on the transport rolls! Luckely the other roles were slightly more spicy, as you will see.

News:

Today's news begins with an update on the situation in northern Roskiva. The raids yesterday appear to be a diversion for the main militia activity. Local informants have assured us that several Roskovian and a single Transcevtrian military base have been attacked. The extent of the damage is as of yet unclear.
| Besides these initial attacks, the militia continue to put pressure upon local towns to support them and have locked off several main transport routes into the northern Kalensk region. The Roskovian army has not yet made any attempt at stopping this threat although an offensive is expected soon.
In other news....

I'll take one of the corporation's jets (Or a private jet) to northern Italy, and then travel by train to Kalensk, switching trains several times to throw off any possible pursuers. Wearing tourist clothing.

|You manage to hop on to a corporate jet leaving for a small private airport near Venice. In this case, dressing up as a tourist would be quite contraproductive, so you put on a tuxedo instead.
|You try to talk to the other corporation members on the plane, but apparently you only seem to be able to insult them. One of them seems especially pissed.
|Something doesn't seem right about your suitcase. You think someone might have tampered with the handle, but you're unable to find out what has happened. At least you're able to make sure it is nothing dangerous.

|After switching to tourist clothing, you manage to take a bus to a local train station, where you immediately find a train heading in the right direction. You change trains several times and even take a bus in between two local train stations. You're fairly sure nobody has been able to follow you

|Arriving at the river that forms the border between Transcevtria and Roskovia the train stops. Moments later you are informed that the bridge across the river Arst has been destroyed. The train spends half an hour stationary after which it starts to go back the same way it came, only to come to a dead stop 15 minutes later. Apparently, the bridge to the nearest station has also been destroyed. The nearest town is a day's worth of walking away.

| You see several cars passing by and turn around. You decide to try and get a lift. You find a lift to the nearest bridge that is crossable by foot.

I take a commercial passenger private jet to the airport nearest Kalensk. Then I hire a taxi the rest of the way. I also try to stay alert and watch out for trouble.
|You manage to charter a private yet which will bring you to Rasks Airport in Transcevtria. From there it will be a two hour drive to Kalensk. You quickly find a taxi, driven by a trustworthy looking guy.

|You manage to get a taxi to Kalensk, but your odd accent seems to be of special, and not beneficial, interest to the driver. Luckily he seems to have decided not to pay heed to it.

|Apparently your driver knows the area exactly. After finding out the main bridge across the Arst has been destroyed, he turns around and drives several miles across the riverbanks, after which he crosses the river by ferry. Only half an hour later you arrive in Kalensk. In the mean time you have been able to take a good look at the countryside and take notes of it.

- You have obtained a booklet with notes about the area surrounding Kalensk -

A. Are we in Europe?  If so, go to 1, if not, go to B.
B. Are we on a coast?  If so go to 2, if not go to 3.

1. Go straight by train to Kalensk.
2. See about getting a boat ride to Europe, then go to 1.
3. Rent a car, drive to the coast, then go to 2.
| You manage to take a train through the tunnel, brining you to mainland Europe immediately. From there you find a train towards Kalensk.

| Apparently most bridges across the Arst have been dammaged or destroy as you are also forced to stop. Luckily, this bridge has only been damaged, so you will be able to cross the Arst by foot. It will still be a long walk to Kalensk though.

| While inspecting the bridge you notice that several packs have been attached to it's pilars. You're not sure what they are.

| You hear a car stop and see Nirur Torir stepping out of it. You meet up with him and discuss the current militia attacks. You also manage to find out that there is nothing wrong with the handle of his case.

WE ARE GOING BY BOAT, PERHAPS.
WE SHALL SEE YOU IN KALENSK, HMMN?

| You manage to catch a ride on a freighter going to the Roskovian port of Isks. From there, you find a small gravel transport boat going up the Arst, and stopping in the harbour of Kalensk, which is situated on the shores of Lake Raskit.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
All the roles for your private actions will be sent by private message shrotly. Since you were separated for most of the time, most rols didn't require a secrecy check.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2009, 04:11:28 pm by Virex »

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 23, 2009, 04:57:39 pm »

The closest bridge that hasn't exploded has unidentified packs, which are probably explosive? I'd disarm them and take them with me, but I don't trust the cars behind me not to be watching me, and breaking cover this early could be bad. I'd better just carefully examine the bridge for a detonator. If it's safe, I'll walk to my destination. If I can't cross the bridge without it going boom, I'll catch a ride and look for an alternative path.

Frelock, if the bridge isn't safe we should probably split up again until we get to our destination, for the sake of keeping a low profile.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2009, 05:19:58 pm by Nirur Torir »

Relm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 23, 2009, 07:48:18 pm »

I wander around town seeing all the sights while pretending to be a tourist. As I am doing this I will try to discretely get information from the townspeople about the military base.

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 23, 2009, 09:08:11 pm »

I twiddle my thumbs.
Even the avatars expire eventually.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7